Former SMU Mustangs guard Kendric Davis commits to Memphis Tigers
04-23-2022 06:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cmt Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Former SMU Mustangs guard Kendric Davis commits to Memphis Tigers
This is all very weird. Welcome to Tigernation.
04-23-2022 06:51 AM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Well ok, we have a PG who can score & setup others... NICE!
04-23-2022 07:02 AM
Tigerspartan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tigers
Still got a ways to go to see him on the court. I would assume the discussion was had between penny and KD about possible sanctions and bans that he would be free to move on. Which I still think is the most likely scenario. Also, he could blow away someone in workouts and be drafted.

BUT this just shows we will be fine. Next year or the year after. Players want to play for Penny. They wanted to play for penny after his first couple “disappointing” seasons and whether we get a ban next year or not they will continue to want to play for him. He is a cultural icon. NBA players train with him in the offseason, eventually I have no doubt he will land an NBA job.

Before that happens I truly believe he will lead us on a run equal to or greater than Cal’s. We will be fine, Just have to sit back and trust in penny through the ups and downs and his growth as a coach.

He will get us there.
04-23-2022 08:18 AM
Sipowicz Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-23-2022 08:18 AM)Tigerspartan Wrote:  Still got a ways to go to see him on the court. I would assume the discussion was had between penny and KD about possible sanctions and bans that he would be free to move on. Which I still think is the most likely scenario. Also, he could blow away someone in workouts and be drafted.

BUT this just shows we will be fine. Next year or the year after. Players want to play for Penny. They wanted to play for penny after his first couple “disappointing” seasons and whether we get a ban next year or not they will continue to want to play for him. He is a cultural icon. NBA players train with him in the offseason, eventually I have no doubt he will land an NBA job.

Before that happens I truly believe he will lead us on a run equal to or greater than Cal’s. We will be fine, Just have to sit back and trust in penny through the ups and downs and his growth as a coach.

He will get us there.

There isn’t going to be a post season ban. Davis doesn’t waste his time telling Penny on Monday and then announcing his choice on Friday, that he will be a Memphis Tiger, if he thought there was a solid chance we were going to get slapped with a post season ban. Davis is excited and pumped up to be coming to Memphis. He’s helping Penny recruit.
04-23-2022 09:51 AM
SeñorTiger Offline
Heisman

(04-23-2022 09:51 AM)Sipowicz Wrote:  
(04-23-2022 08:18 AM)Tigerspartan Wrote:  Still got a ways to go to see him on the court. I would assume the discussion was had between penny and KD about possible sanctions and bans that he would be free to move on. Which I still think is the most likely scenario. Also, he could blow away someone in workouts and be drafted.

He will get us there.

There isn’t going to be a post season ban. Davis doesn’t waste his time telling Penny on Monday and then announcing his choice on Friday, that he will be a Memphis Tiger, if he thought there was a solid chance we were going to get slapped with a post season ban. Davis is excited and pumped up to be coming to Memphis. He’s helping Penny recruit.

Get your crystal ball out and guess but I agree that it seems highly unlikely that Davis commits if a post season ban was a real possibility. Especially considering it came down to us, Duke and Kansas.
04-23-2022 09:58 AM
Advertisement

Tigerspartan Offline
1st String

All those schools will find a spot for him no matter when it is.

Everyone thinks we are getting a postseason ban. It’s just a matter of when the verdict is read. I certainly hope everyone is wrong.
04-23-2022 10:36 AM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-23-2022 10:36 AM)Tigerspartan Wrote:  All those schools will find a spot for him no matter when it is.

Everyone thinks we are getting a postseason ban. It’s just a matter of when the verdict is read. I certainly hope everyone is wrong.

Who’s “everyone”?
04-23-2022 12:06 PM
Sipowicz Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-23-2022 10:36 AM)Tigerspartan Wrote:  All those schools will find a spot for him no matter when it is.

Davis will be wearing a Memphis Tiger jersey next season
04-23-2022 01:32 PM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
04-23-2022 01:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

He will get us there.

Davis would have no idea what is coming for the Tiger program. The NCAA didn't discuss sanctions with him first...lol. He is a great player and he is a big boost to next seasons Tigers.
04-23-2022 01:56 PM
Advertisement

SeñorTiger Offline
Heisman

(04-23-2022 01:56 PM)tigerlands Wrote:  

He will get us there.

Davis would have no idea what is coming for the Tiger program. The NCAA didn't discuss sanctions with him first...lol. He is a great player and he is a big boost to next seasons Tigers.

No but it was certainly a topic of conversation that would have been front and center between Penny and David’ camp…
04-23-2022 03:01 PM
Tigerspartan Offline
1st String

(04-23-2022 12:06 PM)tiger1016 Wrote:  

Who’s “everyone”?

Anyone that can be objective about the situation. Every NCAA journalist on the planet to start. Like I said, hope they are wrong.

But schools have served postseason bans recently for far less, even after the coaches weren’t even at the school anymore. What makes you think we won’t?
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2022 06:00 PM by Tigerspartan.)
04-23-2022 05:54 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
(04-23-2022 05:54 PM)Tigerspartan Wrote:  

Who’s “everyone”?

Anyone that can be objective about the situation. Every NCAA journalist on the planet to start. Like I said, hope they are wrong.

But schools have served postseason bans recently for far less, even after the coaches weren’t even at the school anymore. What makes you think we won’t?

The opposite reason that makes you think we will, I reckon. Since no one really knows and I do mean NO one, what's the point in behaving and thinking like a 'drama journalist' or a football only fan... lol. just askin
04-23-2022 06:18 PM
SeñorTiger Offline
Heisman

Who’s “everyone”?

Far less than what we did? What exactly did we do that was dramatically worse than these comparison schools?
04-23-2022 07:03 PM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

Who’s “everyone”?

So, not “everyone”
Thanks for the clarification
04-23-2022 07:08 PM
Advertisement

Sipowicz Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-23-2022 07:08 PM)tiger1016 Wrote:  

Who’s “everyone”?

So, not “everyone”

lol

The poster seems determined to be right about a post season ban. Something is off when you’re bringing up a post season ban in the thread about landing Kendric Davis.
04-24-2022 06:48 AM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(04-24-2022 06:48 AM)Sipowicz Wrote:  
(04-23-2022 07:08 PM)tiger1016 Wrote:  

Who’s “everyone”?

So, not “everyone”

lol

The poster seems determined to be right about a post season ban. Something is off when you’re bringing up a post season ban in the thread about landing Kendric Davis.

Interesting that he describes everyone as, "Anyone that can be objective about the situation" but hopes that group is wrong.

So by his words he can not be objective about the situation.
04-24-2022 09:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Some fans like to believe that the NCAA tourney is the #1 goal for kids.
By golly, they want to play in the tourney.
And it can be #1 for some.
But it is definitely NOT #1 for all.
There are a lot of factors, goals, agendas in play when players are making their choices these days.
A ban may or may not happen - we will deal with it - it will not impact Kendrick's commitment.
04-24-2022 11:15 AM
Stammers Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis

Who’s “everyone”?

Far less than we did? Wtf are you talking about? 04-drinky
04-24-2022 04:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.