Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

It feels good to be home!
Bookmark and Share
HTOWN_HERD Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Marshall
It feels good to be home!
I am not sure why, but this board moving over the the Sun Belt board feels like the end of a really long trip. We have finally made it home!

Traffic should start to pick up here over time. I am shocked that more Marshall people from Herdfans and Herdnation do not use these boards. Or maybe they just don't know about them.
04-06-2022 08:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

forphase1 Offline
1st String

RE: It feels good to be home!
Very happy with the move!
04-06-2022 08:14 PM
hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
JMU fans know the feeling. Welcome home. CUSA/CAA we never knew thee!
04-06-2022 08:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(04-06-2022 08:02 PM)HTOWN_HERD Wrote:  I am not sure why, but this board moving over the the Sun Belt board feels like the end of a really long trip. We have finally made it home!

Traffic should start to pick up here over time. I am shocked that more Marshall people from Herdfans and Herdnation do not use these boards. Or maybe they just don't know about them.

Welcome Home!!! 02-13-banana
04-06-2022 08:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CoachMaclid Offline
All American

(04-06-2022 08:02 PM)HTOWN_HERD Wrote:  I am not sure why, but this board moving over the the Sun Belt board feels like the end of a really long trip. We have finally made it home!

I think historically, Herdfans and Herd Nation were very active boards, so no need to re-create what already existed.

I've noticed that activity on Herdfans has seemed to drop of drastically over the last year or so, and Herd Nation is a different vibe than it used to be. Maybe we are entering a different era in more ways that one...
04-06-2022 08:41 PM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
(04-06-2022 08:35 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

Welcome Home!!! 02-13-banana

It truly feels like home... lovin' the SBC!!!
04-06-2022 09:01 PM
Advertisement

HerdFanGuest Offline
Special Teams

Glad to have it off the CUSAbbs
04-07-2022 12:32 AM
MarshallHerdFanz Offline
1st String

What do we wanna name this thing?
04-07-2022 06:21 AM
Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
(04-07-2022 06:21 AM)MarshallHerdFanz Wrote:  What do we wanna name this thing?

How about “Herd Heaven”
04-07-2022 06:47 AM
HTOWN_HERD Offline
Special Teams

(04-07-2022 06:47 AM)Cnelson203 Wrote:  
(04-07-2022 06:21 AM)MarshallHerdFanz Wrote:  What do we wanna name this thing?

How about “Herd Heaven”

I like it! I also like the "Marco's Corner" in the other thread.
04-07-2022 07:01 AM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
For all the "old schoolers"...

Boneys Hole in the Wall

The Varsity
04-07-2022 07:07 AM
Advertisement

MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(04-07-2022 07:07 AM)GreenBison Wrote:  For all the "old schoolers"...

Boneys Hole in the Wall

The Varsity

Verb's

Bobby's UL

I like Marco's Corner, too. 'Bout time the mascot got some play. Herdxxxx is so generic compared to the name Marco. And since the graphic is made, I vote that.
04-07-2022 07:41 AM
Surbadger Offline
1st String

Whatever you all decide, I can make some designs up for the idea. I think a more personalized board would really help to get people over here from the other Marshall forums.

Here is the design I made for Marco's Corner

[Image: A-New-Design-15.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2022 07:49 AM by Surbadger.)
04-07-2022 07:48 AM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(04-06-2022 08:41 PM)CoachMaclid Wrote:  

I think historically, Herdfans and Herd Nation were very active boards, so no need to re-create what already existed.

I've noticed that activity on Herdfans has seemed to drop of drastically over the last year or so, and Herd Nation is a different vibe than it used to be. Maybe we are entering a different era in more ways that one...

This will be a nice base for those that like to interact with opponents, though. HF and HN are isolated and one needs separate accounts made to post on them. Opponets' fans aren't as likely to do that. Here it's all inclusive. But I will remain a HF guy, too. I don't know about drop off. I mean since Morpheus died the insider information dried up a lot, but there are 200 post threads on there that it never had before. Lots of news, lately. More coaching controversy with DD. As long as something splits the fanbase the boards will always be active.
04-07-2022 07:52 AM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(04-07-2022 07:48 AM)Surbadger Wrote:  Whatever you all decide, I can make some designs up for the idea. I think a more personalized board would really help to get people over here from the other Marshall forums.

Here is the design I made for Marco's Corner

[Image: A-New-Design-15.jpg]

I think it's awesome. Simple, yet effective.
04-07-2022 07:56 AM
Surbadger Offline
1st String

(04-07-2022 07:52 AM)MUther Wrote:  

This will be a nice base for those that like to interact with opponents, though. HF and HN are isolated and one needs separate accounts made to post on them. Opponets' fans aren't as likely to do that. Here it's all inclusive. But I will remain a HF guy, too. I don't know about drop off. I mean since Morpheus died the insider information dried up a lot, but there are 200 post threads on there that it never had before. Lots of news, lately. More coaching controversy with DD. As long as something splits the fanbase the boards will always be active.

I use HF still. I joined it and this site around the same time. HN has gone downhill over the past few years.
04-07-2022 07:59 AM
Advertisement

HTOWN_HERD Offline
Special Teams

(04-07-2022 07:52 AM)MUther Wrote:  

100% correct. The interaction you get with other fanbases is a huge plus for me personally. For example, I went to the JMU board and ask about parking in Harrisonburg on game day. In the matter of a few hours I had some great recommendations and one poster even offered me a parking pass to park in their neighborhood near the stadium. That is a really nice feature that can't get on the other Herd boards.

I also appreciate the Sun Belt board for the overall inside information that gets dropped on here. There isn't a need to name names, but it is obvious to me that there are 2-3 posters that have some really nice inside connections. They pretty much gave a play by play when the realignment was happening.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2022 08:03 AM by HTOWN_HERD.)
04-07-2022 08:02 AM
Eagle's Cliff Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
Really glad to have y'all along with USM, ODU, and JMU. I recall some real battles back in the SoCon days and always felt a kinship with Herd fans. I love being in a conference with other G5's that take their football very seriously and show up to games - even in down times.
04-07-2022 08:41 AM
MUMA98 Offline
Water Engineer

I will try to be a more active poster to solidify this board. I've been a member here on the forum for almost 20 years, and have checked in almost daily over that span, but rarely post. I lurk on the HN board occasionally but don't have an account. I enjoy the interaction on this forum between other respectful posters from other schools. I'll vote for Marco's Corner for the new name too.
04-07-2022 08:47 AM
Surbadger Offline
1st String

(04-07-2022 08:41 AM)Eagles Cliff Wrote:  Really glad to have y'all along with USM, ODU, and JMU. I recall some real battles back in the SoCon days and always felt a kinship with Herd fans. I love being in a conference with other G5's that take their football very seriously and show up to games - even in down times.

The Southern Conference was a little before my time, so I am now learning about the rivalry with GA Southern. That just makes it more special. I knew about App State, but GA Southern is going to turn into a fun rivalry again.

That's one thing we just did not have in the newer C-USA. It was just a group of schools that played each other, nothing really natural about it. Now in the Sunbelt, we have a bunch of likeminded schools that are serious about FB like we are and we have history with. 04-cheers
04-07-2022 08:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.