Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Way Way too Early Preseason AAC Basketball
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
MyBB Way Way too Early Preseason AAC Basketball
Now that everyone is Done for the Season

With who is on the roster NOW, and obviously accepted assumptions (Duren is gone as an example)

1) Houston
2) Memphis - only duren & minott gone (would be the same with bates gone)
--gap
3) SMU - Assuming Davis and Bandoumel Return
4) Temple - Battle returns
5) Tulane
6) Cincy - assuming dejulius/davenport returns
7) Wichita - assuming Etienne returns
8) UCF - roster good enough for 3, but team is an underachiever
-- gap
9) ECU - assuming newton returns
10) USF - assuming caleb murphy returns
-- gap
11) Tulsa

for giggles- how the C-USA 6 would fit (.5 means imbetween to list above)
2.5 or 3) UNT -assuming they keep coach
5.5 or 7) UAB -assuming walker returns
8.5 or 11) FAU
9.5 or 13) Charlotte - assuming Jahmir returns
9.5b or 14) Rice
17) UTSA

will obvious change - lots of assumption in the is rankings, and everyone has tons of ships to play with, and alot of unexpected players can transfer out
03-26-2022 11:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
SMU is the biggest question mark on your list with new coaching… even with Memphis headlines I don’t think we see much impact of that mess until after next season.

Houston clear #1, Natty or bust!!!!

Thx for including Rice and the other newbies. I’m a homer but I’d move us up to 8.5b ahead of ECU, behind UCF, and probably still just behind FAU.

Losing our best 3PT scorer but others have the range. Getting our best PG back from injury, and a couple others. Solid freshman class (by CUSA standards) coming in. “So far” losing just one non-graduating bench player in the portal and so just one scholly to work with.

We showed flashes this year, next year need to be more consistent (read: stay healthy) and if so will be ready to make the jump in 23-24.
03-27-2022 06:59 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
RE: Way Way too Early Preseason AAC Basketball
Find it real funny Coach P thought it was silly to fire Dooley since a breatkout season was possibly coming, and then in a prediction assuming everyone still on the roster is coming back picks ECU 9th with a large gap. So just be honest, you didn't expect a real breakout and at that point what exactly would have been the purpose of extending Dooley? Would you be putting out a prediction with ECU up where Tulane is if Dooley was still the coach?
03-27-2022 07:32 AM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

(03-27-2022 07:32 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Find it real funny Coach P thought it was silly to fire Dooley since a breatkout season was possibly coming, and then in a prediction assuming everyone still on the roster is coming back picks ECU 9th with a large gap. So just be honest, you didn't expect a real breakout and at that point what exactly would have been the purpose of extending Dooley? Would you be putting out a prediction with ECU up where Tulane is if Dooley was still the coach?

He woulda had y’all #3 with Dooley (#4 if Jank stayed)
03-27-2022 08:10 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

(03-27-2022 07:32 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Find it real funny Coach P thought it was silly to fire Dooley since a breatkout season was possibly coming, and then in a prediction assuming everyone still on the roster is coming back picks ECU 9th with a large gap. So just be honest, you didn't expect a real breakout and at that point what exactly would have been the purpose of extending Dooley? Would you be putting out a prediction with ECU up where Tulane is if Dooley was still the coach?

That’s because you are going through a coaching change

I literally noted in the Dooley firing thread your best chance at a breakout was with Dooley, even if all the players returned there is a good chance they might not fit his system

Even with Dooley back I’d probably wouldn’t change the number too much(but there wouldn’t be a gap)

Note how i wrote UCF has the roster to finish 3rd but I’m putting them at 8 till they prove it..if ecu was returning, I’d had said 8/9 but wrote their roster is good enough for top4 but have to prove it on the court

Wichita and UCF have breakout potential, me putting them 7th or 8th doesn’t change that
03-27-2022 08:16 AM
JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(03-26-2022 11:50 PM)pesik Wrote:  Now that everyone is Done for the Season

With who is on the roster NOW, and obviously accepted assumptions (Duren is gone as an example)

1) Houston
--gap
5) Tulane
-- gap
-- gap
11) Tulsa

8.5 or 11) FAU
9.5b or 14) Rice
17) UTSA

will obvious change - lots of assumption in the is rankings, and everyone has tons of ships to play with, and alot of unexpected players can transfer out

Ideally UC finds a starting point guard and forward that push MAW and Davenport to 15-20 minute roles and not 25 +. If Wes brings in that talent and some guys develop you have:

MAW - reduced minutes
Dejulius - same minutes
Newman - reduced minutes
Davenport reduced minutes
Oguama - same minutes
Lakhin - more minutes

Skillings, Reed and two transfer fill the game and you have a longer more athletic team. Really betting on Lakhin to get better with a full offseason (hopefully no injuries) because it's going to be hard to find a solid 5 in the portal.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2022 08:25 AM by JFlight21.)
03-27-2022 08:20 AM
Advertisement

owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

Rice has six freshmen coming in, we also have breakout potential.

For next year at least we will be using a lot of acne cream to keep that under control.
03-27-2022 08:58 AM
Stickboy46 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Wichita State
Wichita is very unlikely to have Etienne back. That's been reported by Taylor Eldridge. It's also not the worst thing in the world. There was some locker room issues due to him and the offense was better when it wasn't run through him. The defense DEFINITELY was better with him off the floor.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
03-27-2022 09:06 AM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
MEMPHIS could well lose a helluva lot more than just Duren and Minott.

The NCAA might lay their sanctions wood to our @ss. $h!t happens and seems to happen to MEMPHIS a lot in hoops. The evacuees might be a bit more extreme.

We shall see.
03-27-2022 10:32 AM
BCSvsBS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USF
(03-26-2022 11:50 PM)pesik Wrote:  Now that everyone is Done for the Season

1) Houston
--gap
5) Tulane
-- gap
-- gap
11) Tulsa

8.5 or 11) FAU
9.5b or 14) Rice
17) UTSA

I think you've got USF way to high on your list. 03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead
03-27-2022 11:50 AM
MemphisTigerFreak Offline
Fear God, Not Man

I Root For: Memphis
1. Houston
2-10. Everyone else
11. Penny's posse
03-27-2022 12:14 PM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

(03-27-2022 08:20 AM)JFlight21 Wrote:  Ideally UC finds a starting point guard and forward that push MAW and Davenport to 15-20 minute roles and not 25 +. If Wes brings in that talent and some guys develop you have:

MAW - reduced minutes
Dejulius - same minutes
Newman - reduced minutes
Davenport reduced minutes
Oguama - same minutes
Lakhin - more minutes

Skillings, Reed and two transfer fill the game and you have a longer more athletic team. Really betting on Lakhin to get better with a full offseason (hopefully no injuries) because it's going to be hard to find a solid 5 in the portal.

i think the biggest portal get for UC would be a guard that can score.. you have multiple players than can hold down the PG position is need be... getting a pg who can't really shoot and relying on dejulius again will be tough
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2022 01:01 PM by pesik.)
03-27-2022 12:59 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(03-27-2022 08:16 AM)pesik Wrote:  

That’s because you are going through a coaching change

I literally noted in the Dooley firing thread your best chance at a breakout was with Dooley, even if all the players returned there is a good chance they might not fit his system

Even with Dooley back I’d probably wouldn’t change the number too much(but there wouldn’t be a gap)

Note how i wrote UCF has the roster to finish 3rd but I’m putting them at 8 till they prove it..if ecu was returning, I’d had said 8/9 but wrote their roster is good enough for top4 but have to prove it on the court

Wichita and UCF have breakout potential, me putting them 7th or 8th doesn’t change that

So again you wouldn't have really seriously bought the idea that a breakout was coming (and I'd have agreed with you completely that's probably where I'd have put ECU with Dooley next year). So we should have either paid him a 250k longevity bonus to coach a lame-duck season or extended him for a supposed breakout that you are openly saying you don't think was that likely?
03-27-2022 02:07 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
I have the AAC as a 1 biddie league next year. Houston and that’s it.
SMU made a terrible terrible mistake by firing their HC, and bringing on by many accounts a sub par coach. Memphis is in major trouble with this Penny situation and I expect a disastrous off season for the program. So who’s left…Tulane? Hahahaha. Wichita St has been somewhat of a bust in the AAC so far and they don’t look to have anyone. Temple, off on their island is the new UConn; they don’t have any rivals and probably need an invite to the A-10 to succeed again. Cincinnati’s been down but there out of here soon anyway. UCF will be mediocre. USF and ECU will fight it out for 9th and 10th. Tulsa is last and may be worse than UTSA. A 1 biddie league.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2022 02:34 PM by billybobby777.)
03-27-2022 02:32 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(03-27-2022 02:07 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  So again you wouldn't have really seriously bought the idea that a breakout was coming (and I'd have agreed with you completely that's probably where I'd have put ECU with Dooley next year). So we should have either paid him a 250k longevity bonus to coach a lame-duck season or extended him for a supposed breakout that you are openly saying you don't think was that likely?

i had tulane at 11 preseason last year and constantly bragged about them having a potential breakout year... that jalen cook was one of the best incoming transfers i thought was coming in

"ecu will have a chance for a breakout season"-- isnt i think ecu will be "definitely" have a great season

i have a 100 times said, i wouldnt have fired him, i would have waited 1 more year to see what he could do before firing.. i dont care about extending him, just put a low buyout on the extension

i said ecu "could" have had its best season in program history, that that potential is worth seeing out.. i no where said he was guaranteed to be great
- to clarify- i would have 100% kept dooley for 1 more year, i would still have had ecu 8or 9 (preseason) still just because they haven't proved it on the court

i have ucf at 7, 1 spot higher than ecu and flat sayin they could be third.. they too have too prove it

what i am saying isnt complicated.. you probably agree too, but just want o back me into a corner and im not sure why
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2022 03:15 PM by pesik.)
03-27-2022 03:04 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
We're going to have 5 scholarships open. This is completely pointless at this point.
03-27-2022 04:08 PM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

(03-27-2022 04:08 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  We're going to have 5 scholarships open. This is completely pointless at this point.

things will obviously change, i think this is more a look into the startiing spot of transfer portal

where you are and what you need to get in the portal comparative to others..

like tulsa most likely needs the most in the portal to be competitive .. or the reverse, this or that team would have been good had they not lost unexpected player to the porrtal
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2022 04:13 PM by pesik.)
03-27-2022 04:13 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
(03-27-2022 02:32 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  Temple, off on their island is the new UConn; they don’t have any rivals and probably need an invite to the A-10 to succeed again.

You could just say you never saw us play at all this season.
03-27-2022 04:13 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(03-27-2022 02:32 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  I have the AAC as a 1 biddie league next year. Houston and that’s it.
SMU made a terrible terrible mistake by firing their HC, and bringing on by many accounts a sub par coach. Memphis is in major trouble with this Penny situation and I expect a disastrous off season for the program. So who’s left…Tulane? Hahahaha. Wichita St has been somewhat of a bust in the AAC so far and they don’t look to have anyone. Temple, off on their island is the new UConn; they don’t have any rivals and probably need an invite to the A-10 to succeed again. Cincinnati’s been down but there out of here soon anyway. UCF will be mediocre. USF and ECU will fight it out for 9th and 10th. Tulsa is last and may be worse than UTSA. A 1 biddie league.

memphis when in the ncaa situation entering last year...the news is just breaking but the case has been ongoing for a year.. and memphis still made the tourney..

2 bds right now, everyteam i listed from 3 to 8 is 1 big addition away from them being a contender for a bid

add 1 legit center to tulsa or temple as a example and those are potential tourney teams
03-27-2022 04:38 PM
mustangxc Offline
1st String

I Root For: SMU
Now that it is official, I would be surprised if SMU is any higher than fifth in the AAC next year.
03-27-2022 05:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.