Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Duren and Holmgren
Bookmark and Share
RCM1029 Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Duren and Holmgren
Those two dudes are gonna be fun to watch in the NBA. Both are incredibly athletic and talented. Was fun watching them go head to head a few times tonight.
03-19-2022 11:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

former guest Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
RE: Duren and Holmgren
Stick boy needs some weight on him. He will get abused in the league. But what do I know…. 03-drunk
03-19-2022 11:49 PM
RCM1029 Away
Hall of Famer

Agree, but so did Dirk when he entered the league. Both kids have huge upside.
03-19-2022 11:51 PM
ItsDude Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Definitely not the same but did think about Lee vs Ewing/Akeem back in the day. Wish We had Duren another year.
03-19-2022 11:52 PM
RCM1029 Away
Hall of Famer

Man if Keith’s knees had held up he would’ve been a star. Those games between he and Ewing were amazing.
03-19-2022 11:55 PM
TigersTigers Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tigers
Yea we're in trouble with no big men next year except Malcom.

(03-19-2022 11:52 PM)ItsDude Wrote:  Definitely not the same but did think about Lee vs Ewing/Akeem back in the day. Wish We had Duren another year.
03-19-2022 11:55 PM
Advertisement

ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
Duran had not had anyone block him like that all year. Yet it was clear he was so much more physically dominate and could still post Chet up.
03-20-2022 12:14 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
When they went head to head early in the game, that was epic stuff. You could tell the announcers were in awe as well.

Both guys ended up with foul issues so it was brief.

Kinda made me think of when Dorsey went head to head with Greg Oden. It was brief thanks to foul issues but epic,
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2022 12:19 AM by ericsrevenge76.)
03-20-2022 12:18 AM
tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
The Holgrem kid could use another year to physically mature. He reminds me a lot of Bates. Both those kids need more strength and experience that another year of play would bring. But Holgrem won't be able to stay with his stock as high as it is.
03-20-2022 05:40 AM
BamaTigerCub Offline
Living the dream.

I Root For: MEMPHIS
I wonder how well Duren improved his stock tonight? Of course it depends on a lot of other factors considering how other players compete as well but most mock drafts had him going in the 10-20 range. Some even have The GRIZZ taking him 12th with the Lakers pick (haha maybe the draft keeps going our way).

When he backed Holmgren down and put him on his butt…wow. That showed a lot for both players. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jalen played himself into the top ten.

I feel sorry for the team with the #1 pick. I think Holmgren is one of those picks that everyone hypes but never makes the cut. I thought Zion was the same way. Because of their school brand and great supporting casts, they got a way with hiding their deficiencies. They won’t be able to do that in the NBA. For Zion, it’s a shame because he has the ability but apparently he refuses to take care of himself.

Duren will have a better NBA career both in the short and long term than Holmgren.
03-20-2022 05:49 AM
presskh Offline
Heisman

(03-20-2022 05:49 AM)BamaTigerCub Wrote:  I wonder how well Duren improved his stock tonight? Of course it depends on a lot of other factors considering how other players compete as well but most mock drafts had him going in the 10-20 range. Some even have The GRIZZ taking him 12th with the Lakers pick (haha maybe the draft keeps going our way).

When he backed Holmgren down and put him on his butt…wow. That showed a lot for both players. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jalen played himself into the top ten.

I feel sorry for the team with the #1 pick. I think Holmgren is one of those picks that everyone hypes but never makes the cut. I thought Zion was the same way. Because of their school brand and great supporting casts, they got a way with hiding their deficiencies. They won’t be able to do that in the NBA. For Zion, it’s a shame because he has the ability but apparently he refuses to take care of himself.

Duren will have a better NBA career both in the short and long term than Holmgren.

Stayed in foul trouble due to a couple of dumb fouls so he had to sit a good part of the game. He should have a good NBA career, however. I see Holmgren getting frequent injuries and having a short NBA career. His body is just not built for the NBA.
03-20-2022 06:41 AM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(03-20-2022 06:41 AM)presskh Wrote:  
(03-20-2022 05:49 AM)BamaTigerCub Wrote:  I wonder how well Duren improved his stock tonight? Of course it depends on a lot of other factors considering how other players compete as well but most mock drafts had him going in the 10-20 range. Some even have The GRIZZ taking him 12th with the Lakers pick (haha maybe the draft keeps going our way).

Stayed in foul trouble due to a couple of dumb fouls so he had to sit a good part of the game. He should have a good NBA career, however. I see Holmgren getting frequent injuries and having a short NBA career. His body is just not built for the NBA.

Unless he bulks up he'll get tossed around like he's nothing. Timme is the one whose draft stock rose. That was a Waltonesque performance.
03-20-2022 07:27 AM
cleveland2856 Offline
Bench Warmer

Duren needs to learn some footwork. I think his jumper will improve. He has really good form.
03-20-2022 09:17 AM
Virginia Tiger Offline
2nd String

I went ahead and added Duren to the NBA Draft Picks wall in the Larry Finch Center. Go (former) Tigers!

[Image: elyexW4.jpg]
03-20-2022 09:40 AM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-19-2022 11:49 PM)former guest Wrote:  Stick boy needs some weight on him. He will get abused in the league. But what do I know…. 03-drunk

I tend to agree. But they said the same about Keith Lee. He added weight and the knees went out.
03-20-2022 09:41 AM
450bench Offline

I’d bet Duren goes 12ish in the draft. Depending on need of course.

He’ll probably measure around 6-9 or 6-9 1/2 255 pounds with a 38-39 vertical. 7-5 wingspan.
03-20-2022 09:43 AM
Advertisement

misplaced tiger Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Duren will go no worse than top 8. his workouts will be extremely impressive. Draft is about potential, not production.

I wish that Duren had played 1 game like this before the tourney where he was challenged in the post. I think he could have dominated Holmgren on offense, but after getting blocked a couple times, he became tentative (understandably)
03-20-2022 10:45 AM
SeñorTiger Offline
Heisman

(03-20-2022 09:41 AM)Tiger87 Wrote:  
(03-19-2022 11:49 PM)former guest Wrote:  Stick boy needs some weight on him. He will get abused in the league. But what do I know…. 03-drunk

I tend to agree. But they said the same about Keith Lee. He added weight and the knees went out.

NBA radio was talking about just this topic surrounding Chet. They were saying most GMs see him as a very high risk/high reward draft pick. Obviously he will be too 5 still but the flaws and questions around him are well known. Specifically his need to gain weight and how that will impact his mobility and health long term.
03-20-2022 12:05 PM
dan o Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-19-2022 11:52 PM)ItsDude Wrote:  Definitely not the same but did think about Lee vs Ewing/Akeem back in the day. Wish We had Duren another year.

I enjoyed those battles as well. Lee was a fantastic player; However, I firmly believe Derrick Phillips at center played a major [and often understated]role in the individual battles with those guys.
03-20-2022 12:21 PM
Herff Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S
(03-20-2022 12:14 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  Duran had not had anyone block him like that all year. Yet it was clear he was so much more physically dominate and could still post Chet up.

Why do you repeatedly do this?

Please, no mas.
03-20-2022 12:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.