Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MAC WBB Transfer Portal: 2022
Bookmark and Share
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
MyBB MAC WBB Transfer Portal: 2022
Time to start tracking these again. Here's what I have thus far, will try to keep this updated periodically. The numbers in parentheses are that players percentage contribution this past season, statistically, as measured by efficiency.

Akron
IN: Dominque Camp, JR, Buffalo; Tahmala Thorpe, SO, St Francis Xavier (Canada)
OUT: Lonasia Brewer, JR (11.0%) > Toledo; Alanna Carter, FR (1.2%) > OSU, no longer playing BB; Kendall Miller, SR (6.7%) > Marshall; Emma Tecca, SO (0%) > Valporaiso

Ball State
IN: Alex Richard, FR, Butler; Sydney Shafer, JR, WMU
OUT: Sydney Freeman, JR (11.7%) > Dayton; Cameron Grant, SO (0%) > Oakland; Skyla Knight, JR (DNP); Ivet Subirats, SO (3.4%) > Florida A&M; Jazmyn Turner, JR (2.2%) > IUPUI

BGSU
IN: Allison Day, SR, Loyola Chicago; Payton Moore, SR, Anderson U (DIII)
OUT: Molly Dever, JR (0.5%) > Ashland (DII); Zoe Miller, FR (5.9%) > Ashland (DII)

Buffalo
IN: Kiara Johnson, SR, Towson; Emerita Mashaire, FR, Cincinnati; Ronni Nwora, SO?, St Louis; Latrice Perkins, SR, Charleston; Kayla Salmons, FR, Idaho State; Re'Shawna Stone, SR, Glenville St (DII); Chellia Watson, SO, USC Upstate; Zakiyah Winfield, JR, Glenville St (DII)
OUT: Adebola Adeyeye, SR (9.9%) > Kentucky; Laney Bone, FR (DNP) > Cleveland St TN (JUCO); Dominique Camp, JR (7.6%) > Akron; Loren Christie, JR, (8.1%) > San Francisco; Dyaisha Fair, JR (22.3%) > Syracuse; Nia Jordan, JR (0.5%) > Bethune-Cookman; Cheyenne McEvans, SO (4.0%) > Syracuse; Casey Valenti-Paea, SO, (0.1%) > Long Beach State; Kaelonn Wilson, FR (DNP) > Binghamton; Saniaa Wilson, FR (2.7%) > Syracuse; Georgia Woolley, FR (14.7%) > Syracuse

CMU
IN: Mikala Hall, GR, SIUE; Nadege Jean, JR?, DePaul; Rochelle Norris, JR?, Va Tech; Jnaya Walker, GR, UCF
OUT: Carlee Crabtree, SO (0%) > Hope College (DIII); Molly Davis, JR (20.4%)> Iowa; Rebekah Gordon, FR (2.8%) > USC Upstate; Sydney Graber, SO (0.7%) > Purdue Fort Wayne; Rachel Loobie, SO, (0.5%) > Wright State; Maryama Turkstra, SO, (0%) > UMBC

EMU
IN: Tayra Eke, FR, LIU; Ashley Hassett, SO, Northeast CC
OUT: Toyosi Abiola, JR (0%) > Little Rock; Terrysha Banner, JR (0%) > Chowan (DII); Makailah Griggs-Zeigler, FR (DNP), no longer playing BB; Peyton Pinkney, FR (DNP); Danielle Rainey, SR (11.9%) > Eastern Kentucky

Kent State
OUT: Nila Blackford, JR (16.1%) > Xavier; Lexi Jackson, SO, (0.6%) > UNC Wilmington

Miami
IN: Jessie Dai, FR, Odessa College (JUCO); Sierra Morrow, SR, Bradley
OUT: Jada Duckett, SO (7.1%) > Old Dominion; Vannessa Garrelts, SR (6.3%) > Canisius

NIU
IN: Emma Carter, GR, Franklin Pierce (DII); Kortney Drake, SO, Kirkwood CC; Tati Hodges-Johnson, SO, Kirkwood CC; Tara Stauffacherr, JR, Wisconsin
OUT: Mikayla Brandon, GR (11.8%) > Denver

Ohio
IN: Aja Austin, FR, Delaware; Kailah Johnson, SO, Edison State CC

Toledo
IN: Lonasia Brewer, JR, Akron; Justina King, SR, Long Beach St
OUT: Halle Idowu, SO (0.3%) > Northeastern; Mickayla Perdue, SO (DNP) > Glenville St (DII)

WMU
OUT: Sydney Shafer, JR (7.1%) > Ball State
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2022 07:29 AM by northcoastRocket.)
03-17-2022 06:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lester Offline
Special Teams

RE: MAC WBB Transfer Portal: 2022
So far, no big blows. The other thing to keep track of is which seniors are taking advantage of the free Covid year and which are not. The only one I know is Lindsey Thall from Kent State will be returning.
03-17-2022 06:25 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

(03-17-2022 06:25 PM)Lester Wrote:  So far, no big blows. The other thing to keep track of is which seniors are taking advantage of the free Covid year and which are not. The only one I know is Lindsey Thall from Kent State will be returning.

Yes, plus there may be some 4th/5th year juniors who choose not to come back. Like I don't think Bambule is coming back for OU, but not confirmed yet. Won't really know those for sure until the schools start updating their on-line rosters.
03-17-2022 06:48 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

So I was wondering today how the MAC did this season with incoming transfers and which teams helped
themselves that way, Here's what I have, showing the players percentage contribution to overall team
efficiency this year:

Akron (1):
Annika Corcoran, SO, PG, Detroit, 5.1%

Ball State (4):
Chyna Latimer, GRAD, F, Delaware, 10.2%
Jazmyn Turner, JR, F, Wabash CC, 2.4%
Makenna Burch, JR, G NE Ok A&M, DNP
Skyla Knight, JR, G, Butler CC, DNP

BGSU (1):
Morgan Sharps, SO, G, Xavier, 9.6%

Buffalo (2):
Dominique Camp, SO, G, Troy, 8.1%
Nia Jordan, JR, F, Labette CC, 0.7%

CMU (0)

EMU (2):
Dannielle Rainey, GRAD, G, Florida, 11.9%
Treasure Thompson, So, F, LSU, 4.0%

Kent (1):
Abby Ogle, SR, G, WVU, 0.9%

Miami (0)

NIU (1):
Nia Ahart, GRAD, G, Colgate, 4.6%

Ohio (0)

Toledo (3):
Nan Garcia, SO, F, Penn State, 4.2%
Jayda Jansen, SR, G, Mayville, 6.4%
Hannah Noveroske, JR, C, Indiana, 9.9%

WMU (0)
03-20-2022 11:53 AM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

Toledo clearly had the biggest impact from the transfer portal, contributing about 20% of the team's production. It would have been more if Garcia hadn't been injured and missed I think 7 games, and having been less effective since returning. Buffalo also got a big boost from Camp, as they really didn't have another player to fill the PG role after Hall's graduation last year.

Three teams got depth benefits that helped offset injuries. Latimer at BSU was getting only spot minutes until Clephane went down, but filled in majorly after that. Ahart did the same when Koker and Hodges went down for NIU. And Sharps provided some much needed offense in the absence of Fleming for BG. So those were all good adds, although if not for the injuries, those players likely would have seen much less playing time.

Rainey was a big contributor for EMU, but didn't seem to move the needle on their team's performance this year. Akron added a PG that they would not have had otherwise, so Corcoran's contribution was probably bigger than just the efficiency number shows. Otherwise, little else in the area of impactful additions.

So it seems to me that the MAC as a whole did not use the portal very well last year. Three of the teams that didn't sign anyone (CMU, Miami and Ohio) are ones that probably could have benefited the most (although the lack of signings may have been due to not having any open slots.) It seems likely to me that if the MAC wants to up its level going forward, more of the teams are gonna need to learn to use the portal to fill in pieces or add depth. D1 ball is a brave new world these days and teams will need to adapt.
03-20-2022 12:07 PM
Lester Offline
Special Teams

Thanks for that data, northcoast. I agree that it is essential for the MAC to benefit from the transfer portal. Another important measure is whether top players leave MAC schools. Last year, Oshlynn Brown left Ball State for Rutgers, where she was the leading scorer this year. (Rutgers was bad for the Big 10, but still . . .). Ball State could have been a scary team with Brown this year. Bowling Green lost Angela Perry, who moved down to Division II, where she was a star. Perry could have helped an undersized BG team this year. I can't think of any other significant losses, but there probably were some.
03-20-2022 12:50 PM
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

(03-20-2022 12:50 PM)Lester Wrote:  Thanks for that data, northcoast. I agree that it is essential for the MAC to benefit from the transfer portal. Another important measure is whether top players leave MAC schools. Last year, Oshlynn Brown left Ball State for Rutgers, where she was the leading scorer this year. (Rutgers was bad for the Big 10, but still . . .). Ball State could have been a scary team with Brown this year. Bowling Green lost Angela Perry, who moved down to Division II, where she was a star. Perry could have helped an undersized BG team this year. I can't think of any other significant losses, but there probably were some.

The only other significant loss was Jenna Annecchiarico of EMU. She went to Charleston and is a star there. Averaged 16 points, 5 boards, 6 assists and 3 steals this season. Buffalo lost some role players, including Jessika Schiffer who is averaging 10 points a game on a not good Rider team.

Brown was a 5th year senior, so BSU would not have had her back in a normal season anyway.
03-20-2022 01:18 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

Here's the 1st big surprise, Sydney Freeman in the portal out of BSU. She has 2 seasons left.
03-21-2022 08:00 PM
Lester Offline
Special Teams

(03-21-2022 08:00 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Here's the 1st big surprise, Sydney Freeman in the portal out of BSU. She has 2 seasons left.

I was told that Freeman is dating Akron's Ali Ali, so maybe Freeman stays in the MAC.
03-22-2022 09:41 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

wbbblog.com is reporting that there are two more BSU players in the portal - SO G Ivet Subirats & JR F Jazmyn Turner. I can't confirm either from social media.

So, if true, combined with Freeman's transfer, that makes BSU pretty thin at G for next season. They still have all-MAC G Ally Becki coming back, but their other two remaining experienced guards, Anna Clephane and Estel Puiggros, both will be coming off serious knee injuries (the 2nd ones for both of them, I think) so it's unknown how quickly they will be back to full abilities. Also, I do not believe BSU signed any recruits for '22 yet.

The blog is also reporting Kent's Lexi Jackson is in the portal, which I also can't confirm. She played only minimal minutes in 9 games this past season.
03-25-2022 08:06 AM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

Haven't seen it confirmed yet, but it is being reported on twitter that Buffalo's Georgia Woolley is in the portal. Haven't seen anything reliable about Fair yet.
03-27-2022 12:39 PM
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

(03-22-2022 09:41 PM)Lester Wrote:  
(03-21-2022 08:00 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Here's the 1st big surprise, Sydney Freeman in the portal out of BSU. She has 2 seasons left.

I was told that Freeman is dating Akron's Ali Ali, so maybe Freeman stays in the MAC.

The Akron board is discussing this and is excited with the possibility of adding her, but haven't seen anything official about a landing spot for her.
03-27-2022 08:10 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

Subirats' transfer from BSU is confirmed via her twitter.

wbbblog.com is also reporting EMU's Toyosi Abiola is in the portal, but I can't confirm. She played sparingly in a few games for EMU this year.
03-27-2022 08:12 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

And the dismantling of Buffalo continues as Dyaisha Fair is now in the portal.
- with the graduation of Hemphill, and if the news about Woolley also transferring is true, then Buffalo is losing almost 60% of their production this year, just in those three.

Also, CMU has lost another, as FR Rebekah Gordon is in the portal. She had originally committed to Auburn, but decommitted after a coaching change. CMU grabbed her as a late signee.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2022 04:35 PM by northcoastRocket.)
03-28-2022 04:33 PM
Lester Offline
Special Teams

(03-28-2022 04:33 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  And the dismantling of Buffalo continues as Dyaisha Fair is now in the portal.
- with the graduation of Hemphill, and if the news about Woolley also transferring is true, then Buffalo is losing almost 60% of their production this year, just in those three.

Also, CMU has lost another, as FR Rebekah Gordon is in the portal. She had originally committed to Auburn, but decommitted after a coaching change. CMU grabbed her as a late signee.

I would be absolutely shocked if Fair landed anywhere other than Syracuse.
03-28-2022 09:09 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

It's looking like Buffalo will be starting from scratch next season, as wbbblog.com is reporting that, in addition to Fair and Woolley, Adeyeye and Christie are also in the portal. Also, they had only 1 incoming FR as far as I know, Lexi McNabb, daughter of Syracuse alum Donovan McNabb. Will be hard to imagine they will keep her either. Will be critical for them to name a coach ASAP to have any chance to be competitive next season.
03-29-2022 08:49 AM
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

Reportedly, Erica Johnson has declared for the WNBA draft.

I know Cece Hooks declared last year, and ended up returning to school, so that is possible, but I am not completely sure I understand the rules and conditions. Reportedly 88 players in the draft pool, for 36 slots. Would not expect Johnson to be high on that list, so she could still end up back at OU. Hooks is also in the pool, not unexpectedly. I know that Johnson and Hooks have played together for many years, even before OU and are very close, so I wonder if that was part of the decision here.
03-29-2022 05:09 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

CMU joining Buffalo in falling apart, as Molly Davis is now in the portal (confirmed on her twitter).

Earlier this week, CMU seemed to be announcing on twitter that Jahari Smith was coming back for her 5th year, but you have to wonder now. Even with Smith back, that only leaves 7 players on the CMU roster right now - 2 SR, 1 JR, 4 FR. The other senior, Kallie Martinez is not confirmed to return, I don't think. So, it could only be 6. They have 3 incoming FR signed for next year, so they need to add several more just to have a decent sized roster.
03-30-2022 03:26 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

Also, wbbblog.com is reporting another Buffalo player in the portal, FR. Saniaa Wilson. I have not been able to confirm, but would not be surprised. She was a contributor late in the season, and seemed to be the heir apparent to the Bulls front court presence.
03-30-2022 03:28 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

Akron has their 1st in the portal, in JR Lonasia Brewer.

Also, confirmation that Kalle Martinez is not coming back for another year at CMU, so they are at 6 players right now + 3 HS recruits.

Also saw that for EMU Natalia Pinada is going to come back for another season.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2022 06:58 PM by northcoastRocket.)
03-31-2022 06:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.