Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB Transfer Portal
Bookmark and Share
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
WBB Transfer Portal
My wife was perusing the WBB Transfer Portal last night for some unknown reason and saw that Brainna Tinsley is in the Transfer Portal. Anyone hear anything about this?

Brian
03-15-2022 09:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
RE: WBB Transfer Portal
Grad transfer, probably. She can do this.
03-15-2022 11:11 AM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
All American

O to P

Yeah most likely still sorry to see her go. The team needs to clear some roster spots as they are a bunch over the limit as of now I believe. Especially with 4 incoming freshman.

Brian
03-15-2022 11:52 AM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

I am too. She's been really great to watch this year. She's fast and a great long range bomber, kind of like Jackie Benitez was. But we do need the room with I think 5 coming in...although we had 5 leaving.
03-15-2022 12:07 PM
dukes13 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Dukes of JMU
Tinsley was better around the basket but was nothing like Benitez in my opinion. Jackie could light it up!
03-15-2022 03:26 PM
xxJMUxx Offline
Water Engineer

That’s a bummer. I was hoping she’d be back for another season. I’m glad they found a way to get her more involved in the offense - she was a solid player.
03-16-2022 08:09 AM
Advertisement

orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

Has anyone heard if Maddie Green or Jaylin are coming back for an extra season? Something Maddie's mother said to my husband after the last game made me wonder.
03-16-2022 03:11 PM
Deez Nuts Offline

I Root For: Dukes
As Hyper reported in the senior day thread (I was with him and will confirm), according to a reliable source Jaylin is expected to return. I think that source said both would be back actually. While things could change any day, I feel pretty strongly they'll be back.
03-16-2022 03:28 PM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

(03-16-2022 03:28 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  As Hyper reported in the senior day thread (I was with him and will confirm), according to a reliable source Jaylin is expected to return. I think that source said both would be back actually. While things could change any day, I feel pretty strongly they'll be back.

That would be great. It will be good having an experienced PG even though we're getting one that sounds like she is what we've been waiting for. And Jaylin...well, what can one say? She's like the glue that holds it all together.
03-16-2022 05:12 PM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

Dunno where else to put this, but it could have some bearing somehow. Missouri State WBB coach Amaka Agugua-Hamilton, aka Coach Mox, has just been hired at UVA. If you don't know who she is, you need to pay attention. She's good. Very good. And she's a *coach*, not a big-name former player like Tina Thompson. She knows what she's about.
03-21-2022 12:13 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State/JMU
(03-21-2022 12:13 PM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  Dunno where else to put this, but it could have some bearing somehow. Missouri State WBB coach Amaka Agugua-Hamilton, aka Coach Mox, has just been hired at UVA. If you don't know who she is, you need to pay attention. She's good. Very good. And she's a *coach*, not a big-name former player like Tina Thompson. She knows what she's about.
How are you suggesting this relates to JMU?
03-21-2022 01:04 PM
Advertisement

orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

We've been playing UVA in recent years. Beat the ^%$#@! out of them, too. Might be harder now.

And I guess if y'all can discuss all the different MBB tournaments, I can insert this.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022 01:24 PM by orange-to-purple.)
03-21-2022 01:22 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
All American

I don't see any issue, in-state rival so relevant news but certainly not deserving of its own thread so one of those things to just stick wherever it fits best. I probably should've just left the "Men's" out of the tournament thread title, there has been a little women's talk there though.

On the transfer portal subject, obviously we aren't totally in the clear on any WBB/MBB who haven't entered the portal yet but hopefully we're pretty much done with losing players this year. Gotta think the time where they're most likely to go has passed... But again, not totally in the clear so I hope I'm not jinxing us here.
03-21-2022 02:09 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
Heisman

(03-21-2022 01:22 PM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  We've been playing UVA in recent years. Beat the ^%$#@! out of them, too. Might be harder now.

And I guess if y'all can discuss all the different MBB tournaments, I can insert this.
I was just asking because I didn’t know what angle you were getting at, possibly player movement, coaching movement, recruiting.
03-21-2022 03:01 PM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

Well there's that. But I don't expect anyone to go there, although it's always a possibility. I don't see Tinsley going back.
03-21-2022 03:04 PM
olddawg Online
Heisman

Good get for UVA. A winner from a consistent winning program. I think she'll do well there.

For a decade or so, we've challenged for in-state supremacy. We weren't always the best, but we were in the mix. It's tough to watch as a school like VT distances itself from us. It'll be even more painful if UVA does the same.
03-21-2022 03:32 PM
Advertisement

Polish Hammer Offline
Heisman

(03-16-2022 03:11 PM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  Has anyone heard if Maddie Green or Jaylin are coming back for an extra season? Something Maddie's mother said to my husband after the last game made me wonder.

04-08-2022 03:07 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
All American

Sad to see Jailyn won't be coming back, always enjoyed watching her play. Not really surprised about Bailey considering she did not see the court much this year. Hope she winds up in a better situation for her.

Brian
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2022 05:33 PM by ParentofJMUMRDs.)
04-08-2022 03:27 PM
Bawlmer Duke Offline
1st String

Need some new assistants too
04-08-2022 05:27 PM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

I hate that Jaylin isn't using her Covid year. Too bad about Bailey Williams, as she was starting to show some promise. I expect Maddie is heading for some kind of coaching career eventually. But all those open up some possibilities for Coach O to use the transfer portal....which as of today had some 1024 names, some obviously out of reach, but others well within it.
04-08-2022 05:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2022 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.