6’ 10” basketball commit
03-14-2022 12:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Big Red Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
RE: 6’ 10” basketball commit
(03-14-2022 12:32 PM)HuskieDave Wrote:  https://twitter.com/draftexpress/status/...86765?s=21

This kid looks good. He's tall and really athletic. Has really good footwork and runs well.

The video on verbal commits isn't all that great as most of it is him dominating guys who are like a foot shorter than him. There's another one that breaks down individual skills (passing, rebounding, defense, etc) and it shows him in a lot of different ways.

For some reason, I can't find the video or else I'd link it here.
03-14-2022 12:47 PM
Big Red Offline
All American

(03-14-2022 12:47 PM)Big Red Wrote:  
(03-14-2022 12:32 PM)HuskieDave Wrote:  https://twitter.com/draftexpress/status/...86765?s=21

This kid looks good. He's tall and really athletic. Has really good footwork and runs well.

The video on verbal commits isn't all that great as most of it is him dominating guys who are like a foot shorter than him. There's another one that breaks down individual skills (passing, rebounding, defense, etc) and it shows him in a lot of different ways.

I found it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G73yg6FOKQ8
03-14-2022 12:53 PM
golf4501 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Is that 5 commits now or 6?

I know we have Amos
The Juco guard from the Fall
The 6'5" guy that was announced last week
I seem to remember another guard in there
and now this guy

Can someone fill in the specifics, perhaps Big Red
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022 04:29 PM by golf4501.)
03-14-2022 02:29 PM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(03-14-2022 12:53 PM)Big Red Wrote:  

I found it:

This kid is a steal and he’s aggressive to the basket.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022 03:05 PM by BDB5yp.)
03-14-2022 03:05 PM
pantone1935 Offline
All American

I Root For: huskies
(03-14-2022 03:05 PM)BDB5yp Wrote:  

I found it:

We need to keep in mind that these are "HIGHLIGHTS". Hoping he is the real deal.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-14-2022 05:52 PM
Advertisement

Big Red Offline
All American

(03-14-2022 02:29 PM)golf4501 Wrote:  Is that 5 commits now or 6?

I know we have Amos
and now this guy

Incoming Players:

Yazid Powell - G - JUCO - Will be a junior
David Coit - G - JUCO - Will be a sophomore
Zarique Nutter - G - JUCO - Will be a sophomore
Martice Mitchell - F/C - Transfer - Might have freshman eligibility
Taku Youngblood - G -HS
Xavier Amos - F - HS
Yanic Niederhäuser - F/C - HS

So, yeah...that's 7 players. Which...I don't know how it's all going to fit if no one is transferring out. I'm confident Osten is gone. But I think that means they still need 1 more opening. Or maybe 2.

One might think that the Mitchell stuff is not going to happen. Or maybe the Amos deal...or both?

Fwiw, both of them have active Twitter accounts and both of them have profile pics of them wearing NIU uniforms. Take that for what it is.

Part of me thinks Thornton is going to transfer and it wouldn't surprise me if he followed Cochran to Ball State. I think he can transfer and play right away if he did since he came to NIU via JUCO.

I also wonder about Crump. But I also have been very vocal in that I think Crump is going to find a way to stay at NIU for like 15 years.

I also could see a guy like Kon transfer if for no other reason than already knowing he's behind Russell and then there's an influx of guards coming in.

Manuel wouldn't be a guy any of us would miss but he's basically got no where to go if he wants to play basketball. Plus he's on scholarship (presumably) and he'd have to know he was getting another scholarship if he went elsewhere.

Anyway...I can't figure it out but I never could with Monty at the helm either and his recruiting was so elementary is was painful.
03-14-2022 05:59 PM
golf4501 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-14-2022 05:59 PM)Big Red Wrote:  

I know we have Amos
and now this guy

Incoming Players:

Taku Youngblood - G -HS
Xavier Amos - F - HS

So, yeah...that's 7 players. Which...I don't know how it's all going to fit if no one is transferring out. I'm confident Osten is gone. But I think that means they still need 1 more opening. Or maybe 2.

One might think that the Mitchell stuff is not going to happen. Or maybe the Amos deal...or both?

Fwiw, both of them have active Twitter accounts and both of them have profile pics of them wearing NIU uniforms. Take that for what it is.

Part of me thinks Thornton is going to transfer and it wouldn't surprise me if he followed Cochran to Ball State. I think he can transfer and play right away if he did since he came to NIU via JUCO.

I also wonder about Crump. But I also have been very vocal in that I think Crump is going to find a way to stay at NIU for like 15 years.

I also could see a guy like Kon transfer if for no other reason than already knowing he's behind Russell and then there's an influx of guards coming in.

Manuel wouldn't be a guy any of us would miss but he's basically got no where to go if he wants to play basketball. Plus he's on scholarship (presumably) and he'd have to know he was getting another scholarship if he went elsewhere.

Anyway...I can't figure it out but I never could with Monty at the helm either and his recruiting was so elementary is was painful.

much obliged!
03-14-2022 10:27 PM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(03-14-2022 05:52 PM)pantone1935 Wrote:  
(03-14-2022 03:05 PM)BDB5yp Wrote:  

I found it:

We need to keep in mind that these are "HIGHLIGHTS". Hoping he is the real deal.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6-10 scorers don’t grow on trees. You can do a lot with a young player like that in 4 years. I like the potential.
03-15-2022 12:30 AM
Dtownboys Offline
1st String

Look forward to seeing him play. Nice moves for big man. Will have much better competition no doubt but moves well. Last freshman big man we had (Hamilton) didn’t work out but Maric developed really well.
03-15-2022 01:11 AM
Big Red Offline
All American

(03-15-2022 01:11 AM)Dtownboys Wrote:  Look forward to seeing him play. Nice moves for big man. Will have much better competition no doubt but moves well. Last freshman big man we had (Hamilton) didn’t work out but Maric developed really well.

Hamilton was never going to work out. I'm not sure what the point was (other than him being 7 foot tall). He was slow and soft and had zero authority inside. It was painfully obvious immediately.

I'm glad he transferred and got to practice a year with his favorite team. Otherwise, he could have occupied a scholarship for 4 years and been a total enigma.
03-15-2022 07:41 AM
Advertisement

NIUHuskies86 Offline
Old by internet standards

I know we have Amos
and now this guy

Incoming Players:

Taku Youngblood - G -HS
Xavier Amos - F - HS

Amos is signed and regularly tweets NIU related things so he's not going anywhere except DeKalb. Mitchell has NIU stuff but hasn't tweeted in months, I think there's a good chance that isn't happening but I hope I'm wrong.
03-15-2022 09:58 AM
Big Red Offline
All American

(03-15-2022 09:58 AM)NIUHuskies86 Wrote:  

I know we have Amos
and now this guy

Incoming Players:

Taku Youngblood - G -HS
Xavier Amos - F - HS

Amos is signed and regularly tweets NIU related things so he's not going anywhere except DeKalb. Mitchell has NIU stuff but hasn't tweeted in months, I think there's a good chance that isn't happening but I hope I'm wrong.

The thing about Mitchell is he's just kind of vanished. There is literally no information to be found on him. He's not playing anywhere and, if he's enrolled somewhere, its not been reported.

So, while he may not be going to NIU next year, it's also possible he's not going anywhere next year.
03-15-2022 10:56 AM
huskies77 Offline
Bench Warmer

Stop already with this obsession about Mitchell. He ain’t coming. There will be at least eight new players. We will have a better idea of the roster after the April signing date.
03-15-2022 11:16 AM
Big Red Offline
All American

(03-15-2022 11:16 AM)huskies77 Wrote:  Stop already with this obsession about Mitchell. He ain’t coming. There will be at least eight new players. We will have a better idea of the roster after the April signing date.

You can't tell me what to do.
03-15-2022 11:34 AM
HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Huskies
(03-15-2022 10:56 AM)Big Red Wrote:  

I know we have Amos
and now this guy

Incoming Players:

Taku Youngblood - G -HS
Xavier Amos - F - HS

The thing about Mitchell is he's just kind of vanished. There is literally no information to be found on him. He's not playing anywhere and, if he's enrolled somewhere, its not been reported.

So, while he may not be going to NIU next year, it's also possible he's not going anywhere next year.

Quote:Notes: Martice currently isn't on the Northern Illinois roster. Not sure what has happened.

24/7 Update
03-15-2022 11:49 AM
Advertisement

klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Overall quality of recruits getting better just need one to hit it big. If we can have a big man guard combo, the best of both worlds. A Carl Malone/John Stockton duo would be awesome
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2022 01:10 PM by klake87.)
03-15-2022 01:08 PM
Big Red Offline
All American

(03-15-2022 11:49 AM)HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Wrote:  
(03-15-2022 10:56 AM)Big Red Wrote:  

I know we have Amos
and now this guy

Incoming Players:

Taku Youngblood - G -HS
Xavier Amos - F - HS

Quote:Notes: Martice currently isn't on the Northern Illinois roster. Not sure what has happened.

24/7 Update

That's from back in December. And he was never on the NIU roster. IIRC, he missed the transfer or admission deadline and was going to go to a community college but not play basketball or something for one year and then come to NIU next year.

It was always an odd situation and was confusing from the start.

I'm not optimistic he'll be a Huskie next year but I have no solid information to say he won't be either.
03-15-2022 01:08 PM
HuskieDave Offline
All American

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
I would doubt that we have a shot, but, NIU has offered Nick Martinelli.

https://twitter.com/n_martinelli1/status...I-o_eiTpOQ

https://www.hudl.com/profile/14080291
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2022 09:28 AM by HuskieDave.)
04-09-2022 09:25 AM
huskies77 Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-09-2022 09:25 AM)HuskieDave Wrote:  I would doubt that we have a shot, but, NIU has offered Nick Martinelli.

https://twitter.com/n_martinelli1/status...I-o_eiTpOQ

https://www.hudl.com/profile/14080291

I saw this kid a few times. I love him. He reminds me of Levi Bradley Who was really good for northern. He would be a giant get for Coach Burno.
04-09-2022 04:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.