WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Failure to Launch…Rockets 42 Year NCAA Tourney drought continues
Broncos83 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
Failure to Launch…Rockets 42 Year NCAA Tourney drought continues
Gotta be frustrating for Rocket fans. Some really good teams under Coach Kowalczyk in recent years but just can’t get over the hump (not a big Coach Kowalczyk fan by the way but he sure has put together some solid teams). Last played in the NCAA tourney in 1980. Amazing that a team that’s been pretty decent for long stretches of time can’t break through. Gotta admits I didn’t see Akron winning the tourney.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2022 01:32 PM by Broncos83.)
03-13-2022 01:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Failure to Launch…Rockets 42 Year NCAA Tourney drought continues
Us Rocket fans will assure you it is painful. certainly in the heads of the players and staff. as far as Kowalcyzk, he's not just a winning coach who teaches a clean entertaining style of basketball, he's also a member of the NCAA ethics committee, has UT basketball as one of the top academic programs, graduates everyone and is well liked by his players and gives them a lot of say in team decisions. his personality can be abrasive and he is straight forward and doesn't talk in cliches. I can tell you as a fan he's very generous with us. I've written him about the team at times and he;s sent handwritten letters in return.
03-13-2022 01:42 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

It’s like Ohio football. Most of the time, one of the better MAC East teams. Haven’t won the MAC since the LBJ administration.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2022 04:17 PM by Motown Bronco.)
03-13-2022 04:16 PM
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Bleh, I hate Akron basketball.

Their worst L was to us btw, lost by only one to Ohio St. Also had a bad loss to Northern Illinois.

Also extends East win streak in the tournament. Crazy.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022 07:13 AM by Bronco'14.)
03-14-2022 07:11 AM
WMUPorter Offline
Special Teams

I will say it again, so many wanted Coach Hawkins fired and thought he wasn't very successful as a head coach. Imagine being a Toledo fan and having 0 MAC championships for 42 years!
03-14-2022 11:13 AM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Coach K (the midwestern one) has had a number of teams with real talent and successful seasons. I might just be talking out of my ass as I don't know the man, but their lack of success in pressure situations has to reflect on his coaching.

Before this year's tournament started, I was wondering if this was finally the year that they got over the hump. I decided no. Past results swayed me. I will give him this: generally, his teams show good sportsmanship, are not kids that are troublemakers or cancers and play hard.

But when things get really tough in the tournament, they just can't seem to keep calm and collected. They fold under the pressure.

Something is missing.

I can't say the same about the Can't Skate program. They just got in trouble for a video made before the tournament. I think winning trumps everything there, just my opinion.

Ditto Akron.
03-14-2022 01:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.