Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stansbury Fired
Bookmark and Share
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
Toungue Stansbury Fired
That was my dream last night. Then I woke up and got sad realizing it was only a dream…
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022 01:56 PM by 49RFootballNow.)
03-13-2022 07:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
RE: Stansbury Fired
(03-13-2022 07:22 AM)Jack Bauer Wrote:  That was my dream last night. Then I woke up and got sad realizing it was only a dream…

03-lmfao
03-13-2022 07:44 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Could be worse. You could have an AD that has already told a fan in an email that he isn’t firing Sanchez.
03-13-2022 08:10 AM
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

(03-13-2022 08:10 AM)Niner National Wrote:  Could be worse. You could have an AD that has already told a fan in an email that he isn’t firing Sanchez.

Our AD said it in a newspaper 2 months ago after a nine game losing streak (or something like 9)
03-13-2022 09:40 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

Man you got my hopes up lol..
03-13-2022 09:55 AM
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

(03-13-2022 09:55 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Man you got my hopes up lol..

Sorry about that… if only, he makes me want to root for other teams. I can’t stand watching his style of play. We need to go after someone like jacksonvilles head coach.
03-13-2022 10:09 AM
Advertisement

69topper Offline
2nd String

Big Grin RE: Stansbury Fired
You guys make sick. WKU pseudo fans. Lot of u guys I just skip over your posts because I know it's all about u and your vitriolic bias against Stansbury. Ie. 518 etc. 3 trips to the finals and another where covid ended a reasonable shot at dancing. Against La Tech we have a 3 pt lead with 3:47 to go and we go 1-7 from the line and have 2 turnovers. That's why we lost. The PLAYERS blew it not Stansbury but u guys don't care. That doesn't fight your bull**** narrative. God you guys are disgusting. You just think your fans. Your not any kind of fans I want to be associated with. Hell, I was at Houston for the final 4 when we played there. Still have my ticket stub and program. Zeke explains it to you in plain English but you guys aren't knowledgeable enough to understand its not all about winning and losing but to hear you guys it's dance or nothing. Season was a TOTAL failure to you. I'm thru ranting. Had to get it off my chest. Been building up seeing your toxic post. You guys need to grow a pair.Say what you want about my post. I don't give a rat's ass.
03-13-2022 12:07 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(03-13-2022 10:09 AM)Jack Bauer Wrote:  
(03-13-2022 09:55 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Man you got my hopes up lol..

Sorry about that… if only, he makes me want to root for other teams. I can’t stand watching his style of play. We need to go after someone like jacksonvilles head coach.

Jacksonville State ? COGS
03-13-2022 12:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(03-13-2022 12:07 PM)69topper Wrote:  You guys make sick. WKU pseudo fans. Lot of u guys I just skip over your posts because I know it's all about u and your vitriolic bias against Stansbury. Ie. 518 etc. 3 trips to the finals and another where covid ended a reasonable shot at dancing. Against La Tech we have a 3 pt lead with 3:47 to go and we go 1-7 from the line and have 2 turnovers. That's why we lost. The PLAYERS blew it not Stansbury but u guys don't care. That doesn't fight your bull**** narrative. God you guys are disgusting. You just think your fans. Your not any kind of fans I want to be associated with. Hell, I was at Houston for the final 4 when we played there. Still have my ticket stub and program. Zeke explains it to you in plain English but you guys aren't knowledgeable enough to understand its not all about winning and losing but to hear you guys it's dance or nothing. Season was a TOTAL failure to you. I'm thru ranting. Had to get it off my chest. Been building up seeing your toxic post. You guys need to grow a pair.Say what you want about my post. I don't give a rat's ass.

I agree, things are so close to being on the flip side of the situation but many can’t see that. Stansbury is not the first WKU that had a run of bad luck with things. Now if he don’t find a way to get all the right pieces for next season his seat will probably be on fire
03-13-2022 01:10 PM
Franko Offline
1st String

The WKU mens basketball program seems to have been the target of a lot of unfortunate events or near misses since Stansbury has been the coach.
The Bassey injury 2019-20 and not having Zion Harmon and Keith Williams this season for example.
Close losses in the tournament 2016-17, 4 points first round, 2017-18, 1 point final, 2018-19, 6 points final, 2019-20, 20-10 tourney canceled, 2020-21, 4 points (OT), and this year 2021-22, 2 points 3rd round.
It is not like they have been below 500 or not in contention but then again basketball standards are pretty high in Bowling Green so I would imagine if there is another disappointing season finish chances are the admin will be looking at a coaching change.
03-13-2022 01:34 PM
HerdFanGuest Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Marshall
(03-13-2022 12:07 PM)69topper Wrote:  You guys make sick. WKU pseudo fans. Lot of u guys I just skip over your posts because I know it's all about u and your vitriolic bias against Stansbury. Ie. 518 etc. 3 trips to the finals and another where covid ended a reasonable shot at dancing. Against La Tech we have a 3 pt lead with 3:47 to go and we go 1-7 from the line and have 2 turnovers. That's why we lost. The PLAYERS blew it not Stansbury but u guys don't care. That doesn't fight your bull**** narrative. God you guys are disgusting. You just think your fans. Your not any kind of fans I want to be associated with. Hell, I was at Houston for the final 4 when we played there. Still have my ticket stub and program. Zeke explains it to you in plain English but you guys aren't knowledgeable enough to understand its not all about winning and losing but to hear you guys it's dance or nothing. Season was a TOTAL failure to you. I'm thru ranting. Had to get it off my chest. Been building up seeing your toxic post. You guys need to grow a pair.Say what you want about my post. I don't give a rat's ass.

I never understood this mindset. We had fans like you when we allowed our football coach to overstay his welcome

I might not have a dog in the fight, but a coach can be an improvement over who he replaced, but plateu on their success.
Not winning championships is a blow to morale.

A coach should be swapped out as soon as their potential is realized so a new coach can capitalize on the the success and keep the upward trajectory

Saying people aren't fans because they criticize a coach is one of the most laughable responses on every board across the internet. Some people expect more from their programs and don't like to settle
03-13-2022 01:41 PM
Advertisement

Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

I Root For: North Texas
How much do the Toppers pay Stanz? If you guys fire him, I'd love to add him as an assistant. He landed some amazing talent at WKU.
03-13-2022 01:43 PM
69topper Offline
2nd String

(03-13-2022 01:41 PM)HerdFanGuest Wrote:  

I never understood this mindset. We had fans like you when we allowed our football coach to overstay his welcome

I might not have a dog in the fight, but a coach can be an improvement over who he replaced, but plateu on their success.
Not winning championships is a blow to morale.

A coach should be swapped out as soon as their potential is realized so a new coach can capitalize on the the success and keep the upward trajectory

Saying people aren't fans because they criticize a coach is one of the most laughable responses on every board across the internet. Some people expect more from their programs and don't like to settle

Its NOT unusual to criticize a coach but how long they've been doing it. Over 2yrs!! A few didn't like him from day one. You see how long and hard on him they've been on him on our home board. I only called them out on here because I don't get on that board. Too much negativity.
03-13-2022 01:51 PM
69topper Offline
2nd String

One more thing. Look how long MTSU stuck with Kermit. He finally starstruck gold and dominated CUSA. Sometimes u just need to stick with it. Hopefully Stanz hits that mother lode soon.
03-13-2022 01:55 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(03-13-2022 01:55 PM)69topper Wrote:  One more thing. Look how long MTSU stuck with Kermit. He finally starstruck gold and dominated CUSA. Sometimes u just need to stick with it. Hopefully Stanz hits that mother lode soon.

So you are saying give Stansbury 10 freaking years to make a NCAA tourney.

Over the 95 years before Stansbury, Western averaged winning 66% of their games and a NCAA bid every 4 years. I wonder what that record would be if we did not could 2 or 4 point losses....

they all freaking count even the games you lose in the finials of a conference tourney. COACHING MATTERS and as I said from day one Rick Stansbury is not a very good coach. With all the high recruiting rankings 3 out of 6 seasons...under .600 winning %. According to a lot of Western fans (most likely 69 also) the most basketball talent at Western since the 70s...

every other season well below the average for Western. Below are the facts and not make believe on if only a shot had fallen. Or if this player had played or the NCAA had ruled correctly on this player.

Only coach in Western's history to not go to a NCAA tourney with in 5 years (Horn was the only one that it took 5 seasons)

no championships
3 out of 6 seasons not even average
1 season at 67%
two seasons of basketball with 2 wins above Westerns all time average.

Nothing very special in any of that unless you consider beating 1 team in the conference tourney that had a better record than a Stansbury coached team...
that was UAB who played a really weak schedule last season.

Close losses count as a loss but its OK because at Western now we have become MTSU and want to give a coach 10 freaking years to win a conference championship.

I seem to recall before Todd hired Stansbury he said something about at Western its not good enough unless you are going to the ncaa tourney at least once every three years. Anyone recall that being said? I bet some of ypu Western fans that want to keep Stansbury and give him 4 more years are just like Todd...on twitter spouting off about how many middle of the pack P5 wins Western had. MEANINGLESS when you then turn around and lose to a awful UNCC team or FIU. BTW those are some of the same fans crying and complaining when those middle of the pack P5 schools get an at large bid. If the AD of a school with better basketball history than 90% of those P5 schools are going to put middle of the pack P5s on that level....
why wouldnt the NCAA or talking heads

Hell its not like Western had great seasons over the last 6....without JJ that team was .500 or below. Stop the bull crap and excuse making of if only because IF ONLY never happened
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2022 02:34 PM by WKUYG.)
03-13-2022 02:26 PM
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

(03-13-2022 01:55 PM)69topper Wrote:  One more thing. Look how long MTSU stuck with Kermit. He finally starstruck gold and dominated CUSA. Sometimes u just need to stick with it. Hopefully Stanz hits that mother lode soon.

Wow that is telling… Kermit should have been let go along time before he made the tournament. If Stan’s can’t win cusa with bassey, Hollingsworth, Anderson and Carson Williams he never will.
03-13-2022 02:44 PM
Advertisement

HerdFanGuest Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Marshall
(03-13-2022 01:51 PM)69topper Wrote:  Its NOT unusual to criticize a coach but how long they've been doing it. Over 2yrs!! A few didn't like him from day one. You see how long and hard on him they've been on him on our home board. I only called them out on here because I don't get on that board. Too much negativity.

I dont pay much mind to other schools politics and coaching decisions, but two years of complaints after being there for 6 is fair criticism. Two years ago they had one of the most solid teams in recent history only to miss out on the NCAA and fall in the quarter finals of the NIT.
I can understand their frustration.
From an Outsiders perspective, I'd be demanding change too if we kept sniffing a Conference title and could never deliver
03-13-2022 02:46 PM
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
I don't know which is worse, having Stansbury as your coach and every year having all the pieces to make a huge run, a high conference seed, and every hope to go dancing... and then never finish the job, thus breaking your hearts. OR, having Jeff Jones as your coach and knowing you're most likely going to be middle of the pack, boring, milquetoast basketball with terrible shooting and sitting home in March. At least you don't get your hopes up with Jeff. Both of our proud programs deserve better than these two.
03-13-2022 03:54 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
(03-13-2022 03:54 PM)monarx Wrote:  I don't know which is worse, having Stansbury as your coach and every year having all the pieces to make a huge run, a high conference seed, and every hope to go dancing... and then never finish the job, thus breaking your hearts. OR, having Jeff Jones as your coach and knowing you're most likely going to be middle of the pack, boring, milquetoast basketball with terrible shooting and sitting home in March. At least you don't get your hopes up with Jeff. Both of our proud programs deserve better than these two.

Can't speak much about Stankbury but if there is a definition for "Mediocre and Boring" that would point to Jeff Jones. Lately mediocre has gotten awful. If someone has to choose between these two may be Stank has a slight leg up since he can recruit better.
03-13-2022 03:59 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

Um you just posted yesterday on home board. If we accept what Rick has given us than we are no better than Morehead St. I guess that’s acceptable to you but it’s not to most WKU fans who clearly see the writing on the wall. Preseason Frisco Rick is a joke. In 9 CUSA tournament games his teams have shot 27% from 3 in CUSA tournament. First thing he says after Thursday night loss was bitching about WKU not getting a shoot around. Didn’t seem to effect UAB. He is a absolute joke and the absolute summary of his career at WKU was in last years title game. Down 17-0 vs a team playing 4 games in 4 days. He does nothing to motivate our players, he moves like a snail and our players take after him. 0 alpha dogs, 0 meaness streak to them and just give excuse when things does not go their way. You can continue rooting for a guy who zero shot to do anything while I refuse to think WKU cannot for better than Preseason Rick..His Country schitk has run its course with most WKU fans..
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2022 04:29 PM by WKUFan518.)
03-13-2022 04:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.