Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Transfer Portal
Bookmark and Share
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
Transfer Portal
has added close to 50 players in the past 24 hours. These are guys whose teams have been eliminated from postseason. Most conference tournaments are just getting started so the list will continue to grow as more teams get eliminated.
03-09-2022 12:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
Transfer Portal
Hope that at least like junior colleges, we get players for 2 years before they go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
03-09-2022 02:06 PM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

RE: Transfer Portal
Not sure what's going on at Alabama State, but they put 7 guys in the Portal today.
03-09-2022 05:56 PM
Advertisement

mjs Online
Hall of Famer

Just posted on Verbal Commits. Marco Lukic head to Denver.
03-09-2022 10:15 PM
ez272 Offline
1st String

(03-09-2022 05:56 PM)mjs Wrote:  Not sure what's going on at Alabama State, but they put 7 guys in the Portal today.

The coach resigned Wednesday. Must be an old school coach.
03-10-2022 10:39 AM
Advertisement

mjs Online
Hall of Famer

I've heard Darrell will likely become more active in recruiting the Portal.

Foley has told folks players like Taylor Gault and Chastity Reed would have been gone after their freshman years if the Portal existed back then. He certainly doesn't "coddle" his players and doesn't play them until they are ready. Today's players likely won't stick around long enough to realize how much he has improved their game and made them better people as well. Sad.
03-10-2022 11:55 AM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

Last year there were a lot of Arkansas kids in the Portal. Darius Hall, Desi Sills, Javon Franklin, and Ethan Henderson come quickly to mind. Don't know whether or not we recruited any of them. I have always felt our best shot was with Arkansas/Little Rock kids who might want to come "home". Off hand, I don't know of any that are in the Portal at this point in time. Can't imagine Connor Vanover staying in Fayetteville, but I doubt there would be interest from either side. Not sure KK Robinson will stay in Fayetteville either. Will be interesting to see how much our drop to the OVC hurts us when recruiting against ASU and UCA.
03-10-2022 12:06 PM
Advertisement

ez272 Offline
1st String

While we all think the transfer rules have ruined college ball, it helps mid-majors as much as it hurts mid-majors. Players who think they can play up, leave. Players who could be good mid-major players sign with a power 5 school and sit the bench. But they want to play so they leave and go to a mid-major. Just have to have a coach who isn't afraid to look at the portal.
Can't see Van Over staying in Fayetteville.
03-10-2022 12:36 PM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

(03-10-2022 12:36 PM)ez272 Wrote:  While we all think the transfer rules have ruined college ball, it helps mid-majors as much as it hurts mid-majors. Players who think they can play up, leave. Players who could be good mid-major players sign with a power 5 school and sit the bench. But they want to play so they leave and go to a mid-major. Just have to have a coach who isn't afraid to look at the portal.

Certainly there are midmajor coaches who will use the Portal to their advantage. I still hate the fact that the days of watching a freshman, develop into a very good player over 4 years, are mostly over for programs like us. I guess I primarily root for the name on the front of our jerseys. But, I have always enjoyed getting to know our players (not necessarily personally) over several years and watching them "grow" as players and people.
03-10-2022 12:48 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(03-10-2022 12:36 PM)ez272 Wrote:  While we all think the transfer rules have ruined college ball, it helps mid-majors as much as it hurts mid-majors. Players who think they can play up, leave. Players who could be good mid-major players sign with a power 5 school and sit the bench. But they want to play so they leave and go to a mid-major. Just have to have a coach who isn't afraid to look at the portal.

I actually like the new rules.

Only change I’d make is having specific windows to enter. Quit your team outside the windows or enter outside the window, you’ve got to sit at least first classes of the spring semester and can’t work out or practice with the team until first classes of fall semester unless old team gives you a release.

Castoffs from B1G, B12, SEC, ACC can likely play good Sun Belt and OVC basketball.

Players ought to have freedom. I don’t like the you’ve committed to us for four years thing when grants-in-aid are renewable. Player can be cut at the end of the year. Players have zero guarantee a school is going to give them four years of scholarship why should they guarantee four years to the school?
03-10-2022 11:56 PM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

(03-10-2022 11:56 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  

I actually like the new rules.

Only change I’d make is having specific windows to enter. Quit your team outside the windows or enter outside the window, you’ve got to sit at least first classes of the spring semester and can’t work out or practice with the team until first classes of fall semester unless old team gives you a release.

Castoffs from B1G, B12, SEC, ACC can likely play good Sun Belt and OVC basketball.

Players ought to have freedom. I don’t like the you’ve committed to us for four years thing when grants-in-aid are renewable. Player can be cut at the end of the year. Players have zero guarantee a school is going to give them four years of scholarship why should they guarantee four years to the school?

Obviously, it is the "right" thing for players to be allowed to transfer to another school just like any other student. But I don't have to "like" it as a fan. However, I will get used to it and coaches at are level will have to learn to use it to their advantage if they want to keep their jobs.
03-11-2022 12:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.