Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coach "K"
jfisher Offline
1st String

I Root For:

It seems like everytime we are a little successful people worry about losing our Coach. The two scenarios this year that might effect this. 1. We win our last three games and the CUSA Championship game---9-3 record and a Bowl game. 2. We win two of our last three games----7-4 record and a Bowl game. Personally neither one makes me real unhappy!! :D Obviously the 9-3 and CUSA title is going to garner the attention to get his name in the pot for any BCS openings, I don't count The Big East as BCS for this, and probably get the job!! A 7-4 record and a Bowl is going to get his name mentioned as a true up and comer and maybe the next big time coach. I just don't see Coach"K" jumping at jobs, such as Kansas, Kentucky or The Indiana's of the world. There are really very few truly big time jobs where there is any kind of stability, that come open very often!! Is 3 or 4 years of frustration at Indiana and then being fired what he wants?? Although with his Pro background, he might not worry about being out of a job because he could move back to the Pro's without first being an offensive coordinator at Middle Tenn. St. Going from Tulsa to Ohio St is a no brainer, but going to a program with a losing tradition and being fired for only being able to get them to 6-6 in 4 years isn't worth it my opinion, but I'm not the coach!! I don't think this is the year to worry anyway. Next year looks to be a GREAT year, so near the end of next year I may begin to worry myself. Just out of curiosity, do we have any coaches on Coach"K"s staff that might carry on his winning ways and give some continuity??
11-03-2005 10:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
richardm Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

To me, it's not worth worrying about. Just enjoy it while it lasts.
I think it's time for our ex-coach Rader to get back in the big chair. Not at Tulsa, but somewhere. 'Bama's doing really well.
11-03-2005 09:06 PM
richardm Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Colorado? He says no. Self said he wasn't going to Illinois too.
12-11-2005 11:40 PM
TUfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I'm not so worried about jobs out west. Open jobs at BCS schools in Texas are worth the worry...
12-12-2005 03:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.