Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The AAC negotiations with the BIG12 3
Bookmark and Share
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
The AAC negotiations with the BIG12 3
According to recent reports the 3 AAC schools expect to be in the Big 12 for the 2023 season but the AAC is throwing out big $ amounts to cover early departures. The AAC has an exit fee of $10M but they have a 27 month notice requirement and so are asking for big fees to leave early.

If the 3 schools can't get out until 2024, how does that affect our AAC6 expecting to be in the AAC by 2023? Will the AAC take the 6 and have a 17 school conference for 1 year or would the AAC make them wait until 2024? If they have to wait until 2024 does CUSA take the 4 new schools into the conference in 2023 as expected and deal with a 15 school conference for 1 year?
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2022 11:19 PM by MinerInWisconsin.)
03-03-2022 05:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RustonBulldog Offline
2nd String

I Root For: LA Tech
RE: The AAC negotiations with the BIG12 3
(03-03-2022 05:02 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  According to recent reports the 3 AAC schools expect to be in the Big 12 for the 2023 season but the AAC is throwing out big $ amounts to cover early departures. The AAC has an exit fee of $10k but they have a 27 month notice requirement and so are asking for big fees to leave early.

If the 3 schools can't get out until 2024, how does that affect our AAC6 expecting to be in the AAC by 2023? Will the AAC take the 6 and have a 17 school conference for 1 year or would the AAC make them wait until 2024? If they have to wait until 2024 does CUSA take the 4 new schools into the conference in 2023 as expected and deal with a 15 school conference for 1 year?

Just wait until Marshall, Southern Miss and ODU win their sovereign immunity case. All hell is going to break loose lol
03-03-2022 05:32 PM
HerdFanGuest Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Marshall
Letting the AAC6 come in prior to the others leaving would likely be dependant on if ESPN is going pay per school or a flat rate of $X million per the contract.

But the more likely scenario would be the 3 heading to the B12 leaving regardless and negotiating prices down, which could see them in court.
I'd be surprised if this affects the AAC6 or the ones joining the Faithful5
03-03-2022 05:35 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
I imagine they’ll settle on a number before then. UCONN paid an extra 7M but I read on the conference realignment board (not sure the source) that the original number was much higher. Maybe since those three are going to a more lucrative conference they feel they can get more. Ultimately they’ll meet in the middle somewhere.
03-03-2022 05:40 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says the exit fee is more than $10k
03-03-2022 06:19 PM
FAU Connoisseur! Offline
1st String

I Root For: #CometotheFAU
(03-03-2022 05:02 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  According to recent reports the 3 AAC schools expect to be in the Big 12 for the 2023 season but the AAC is throwing out big $ amounts to cover early departures. The AAC has an exit fee of $10k but they have a 27 month notice requirement and so are asking for big fees to leave early.

We will obviously enter July 1, 2022. #contractsdon'tmatter
03-03-2022 06:24 PM
Advertisement

DogsWin1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

Who does the American conference think they are oppressing the rights of these universities to do what they want, whenever they want, regardless of the totally worthless and unenforceable contract that they all signed? They want $35M-$45M per team in exit fees to leave early. Putin must run that conference.
03-03-2022 06:34 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(03-03-2022 06:34 PM)DogsWin1 Wrote:  

Who does the American conference think they are oppressing the rights of these universities to do what they want, whenever they want, regardless of the totally worthless and unenforceable contract that they all signed? They want $35M-$45M per team in exit fees to leave early. Putin must run that conference.

$10 says they figure it out with court filings or arbitration
03-03-2022 07:26 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
(03-03-2022 07:26 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  
(03-03-2022 06:34 PM)DogsWin1 Wrote:  

$10 says they figure it out with court filings or arbitration

#contractsdontmatter.

Thats all you have to type in to make your point mturn.....
03-03-2022 09:19 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
CUSA should have had better attorneys and leaders to write the ByeLawz...
03-03-2022 09:29 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-03-2022 09:29 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  CUSA should have had better attorneys and leaders to write the ByeLawz...

Please do tell -- what they should have made different, thunder? Considering your blanket opinion above, I am curious. Please be specific.

Somehow..... I doubt very seriously that there will be an answer from you to the above. If there is, then I look forward to it.

I can readily only really think of one thing that that they should have done radically differently, but I will bet you dollars to donuts we will disagree (surprise, surprise) on that as well.

But I will wait, perhaps in vain, to the detailed answer to your shallow and pithy comment above.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2022 09:51 PM by tanqtonic.)
03-03-2022 09:50 PM
Advertisement

Bearcatdh58 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati

The 3 AAC departing members will pay the 10 million plus about 3 to 5 million more for early departure penalty. The agreement between the departing 3 and the AAC conference is supposed to be completed in time for the 5 CUSA departures to announce 14 months in advance leaving Conference USA. Expect an announcement after March Madness. 07-coffee3
03-03-2022 09:54 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

Well, tang, it's an opinion. That is all and nothing more. The fact there was a guideline that says, "X days notice before leaving" says it all. No, guidelines if teams do not adhere to that and find a way out because of the ineptitude of the conference leadership. The fact that we offered money that wasn't good enough for CUSA, so IMHO, you all are gong to be disappointed in this windfall that you think you are going to get.

I truly wish the best for the CUSA5 and hope they can help rebuild the conference.

If I am wrong, I will be the absolute first to say you were correct.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2022 10:15 PM by THUNDERStruck73.)
03-03-2022 10:02 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

And the funny thing is, you all are leaving, so what the hell do you care? Rice will be fine. So don't tell me you are doing it for something as noble as "being loyal". You can call me shallow and pithy, but Id rather be that than pretentiously standing on a soap box in every....single....thread..... but you do you. No worries.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2022 10:15 PM by THUNDERStruck73.)
03-03-2022 10:08 PM
Luckyshot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
(03-03-2022 05:02 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  The AAC has an exit fee of $10k

Are you sure?
03-03-2022 10:26 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

(03-03-2022 10:18 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(03-03-2022 10:08 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  And the funny thing is, you all are leaving, so what the hell do you care? Rice will be fine. So don't tell me you are doing it for something as "being loyal". You can call me shallow and pithy, but Id rather be that than pretentiously standing on a soap box in every....single....thread..... but you do you. No worries.

Got it...... no specifics whatsoever. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Just empty smack back. You could have just said that. Fun fun fun.

Tell you what, thunder, when you state here either:

1) 'my comment above was something I pulled out of the air, just for grins';

or

2) specifics on exactly how the 'lawyers should have done better',

I'll be happy to answer your questions above (which by the way, are in no way, shape, or form an answer to my query). Deal?

Or do we just get to endure more empty smack babble back from you like your two posts above?

Like I said...an OPINION.. I don't care whether you like it or not nor do I care if you agree with it or not. I don't have to have a reason. I don't have to make sense to you. I can have a gut feeling. If I want to say the sky is green, I can and I don't give a Frenchman's F#*! if you approve or not. Fine.

I think find it hilarious that you constantly proselytize and view yourself as the be-all and end-all authority on this board and make snarky comments and look down your nose at any who disagree. I am at least not snarky toward anyone and indirectly insult them unless in response to someone's comments. Like I said.. you do you.
03-03-2022 10:37 PM
Advertisement

tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-03-2022 10:02 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  Well, tang, it's an opinion. That is all and nothing more. The fact there was a guideline that says, "X days notice before leaving" says it all. No, guidelines if teams do not adhere to that

If you bothered to read you would find out you are wrong there. But..... why bother to when it goes against your soapbox.

Not a good start to start your foundation and excuse above on an abject and thoroughly complete falsehood. (slow clap)

Quote: and find a way out because of the ineptitude of the conference leadership. The fact that we offered money that wasn't good enough for CUSA, so IMHO, you all are gong to be disappointed in this windfall that you think you are going to get.

I dont see how that ties in to your rather bloated offhand statement about, what was it again.... oh yeah....

Quote:CUSA should have had better attorneys and leaders to write the ByeLawz...

The singular fact is that in rather complete contradiction to your first statement above, there were, and are, specifics about withdrawing -- -including timelines, the type of penalty, and the requirement of not just the type of adjudication, but where, and how to pick the people on the panel.

In short,

Hey, I am sorry that y'all breached -- bummer.

And I am sorry that y'all dont seem to give a rats ass about the agreement -- double bummer.

And I am sorry that that kind of gives rise to people labeling it #contractsdontmatter, because at the end of your shallow spiel ---- that is precisely what you are left with.

At least pull your own head out of the sand and admit what a shitbird party your school was to this contract. But, you seemingly cant, as a person, do that.

All you can do is consistently whine about how everyone else is to blame as opposed to your school's rather ****** actions -- *exactly* like you do in your first comment.

And again, in closing, at least have the spine not to make a comment that, at its core, is simply baseless and false. Just saying.

Im a little harsh here, since I am rolling in a response to your caterwauling comment that follows.

If you think noting a party is a breacher is 'pretentious' -- then -- lolz. Get serious.

No, Im not doing it to be loyal. I am doing it because, from this perspective, you have 3 shitbird parties who took a giant dump over a contract -- pretty much completely so. I find that behavior pretty abhorrent.

I find the whining behavior of their fans equivalent -- criminy, y'all have to make up piles of **** to layer on piles of other **** in order to absolve *your* school's fundamentally crappy behavior as 'righteous', and then in these boards go way out of your way to blame every single other entity for your school's crappy behavior.

And funny, now *you* seemingly go on that same tangent to note that my comments are such terrible things -- interestingly in light of the abject falsehood that came out of your explanation of your comment.

Just have the spine to say 'my school **** completely over the bylaws.' Contractsdontmatter. Live with it.

As for 'standing on a soap box', well, at least I dont have to lie in the ******* mud and make excuses based on an abject falsehood like some.
03-03-2022 10:46 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

LOL. You just can't resist. Okay

Sorry we found a loophole. You're salty and evidently highly butthurt.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2022 10:55 PM by THUNDERStruck73.)
03-03-2022 10:53 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-03-2022 10:37 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  
(03-03-2022 10:08 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  And the funny thing is, you all are leaving, so what the hell do you care? Rice will be fine. So don't tell me you are doing it for something as "being loyal". You can call me shallow and pithy, but Id rather be that than pretentiously standing on a soap box in every....single....thread..... but you do you. No worries.

Got it...... no specifics whatsoever. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Just empty smack back. You could have just said that. Fun fun fun.

or

I'll be happy to answer your questions above (which by the way, are in no way, shape, or form an answer to my query). Deal?

Or do we just get to endure more empty smack babble back from you like your two posts above?

Like I said...an OPINION.. I don't care whether you like it or not nor do I care if you agree with it or not. I don't have to have a reason. I don't have to make sense to you. I can have a gut feeling. If I want to say the sky is green, I can and I don't give a Frenchman's F#*! if you approve or not. Fine.

I think find it hilarious that you constantly proselytize and view yourself as the be-all and end-all authority on this board and make snarky comments and look down your nose at any who disagree. I am at least not snarky toward anyone and indirectly insult them unless in response to someone's comments. Like I said.. you do you.

Asking you for 'backing' of your comment is now a 'snark' and 'indirect insult'? Seriously? So lets get this straight -- you are talking out of your ass and making a backhand comment yourself with that first comment, but lord forbid if someone turns around and does it to you. Lolz. That is rich. Seriously rich.
03-03-2022 10:55 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

(03-03-2022 10:55 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(03-03-2022 10:37 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  

or

Asking you for 'backing' of your comment is now a 'snark' and 'indirect insult'? Seriously? So lets get this straight -- you are talking out of your ass and making a backhand comment yourself with that first comment, but lord forbid if someone turns around and does it to you. Lolz. That is rich. Seriously rich.

Boy, let's review: I said I don't make backhanded comments unless a shot is put across my bow. I made no comment toward you at all. I made a general statement and you took it upon yourself to be Captain CUSA and opine on my opinion because you just like conflict.

And again, I don't have to have a reason for my opinion. I just find it hilarious that I can pretty much say anything I want to live in your head and get a response... You just cant resist to try to show people what an informed guy you are.

Bylaws should have been more specific - If they were, there would be no argument (i.e. Leave early, and it is three years, four year, five years, whatever... of revenue or whatever they decide.)

CUSA leadership is inept and incompetent - If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

You really have no dog in this fight (AAC) and are basically the only one who is still arguing about it anymore... So carry on.
03-03-2022 11:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.