Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Would our cusa adds move early?
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
Would our cusa adds move early?
Not saying they have to and our schools leaving haven't said anything about leaving early but just wondering if it could happen sooner rather than later.
02-16-2022 11:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
RE: Would our cusa adds move early?
they 100% would leave early, with the sunbelt group leaving early ..there's no incentive for them to stay.... they arent the problem --

its the aac that doesnt want them to leave early... a 17 member league is a disaster waiting to happen, and the aac has no incentive to rush it.. its not like there are any dominant c-usa next year that would majorly benefit the aac is any sense, while adding a few dead weight

neither the aac or leaving aac teams benefit from leaving early
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2022 12:11 PM by pesik.)
02-16-2022 11:57 AM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Would we? Well.....

In theory yes, but I'd imagine we'd want to see how the latest "situation" with the SB3 plays out before making a hard commitment.
02-16-2022 11:59 AM
Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
The answer is No. until those leaving for Big12 pay their exit fees and leave, there is really no room for the new adds to come on board
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2022 12:05 PM by Cubanbull1.)
02-16-2022 12:05 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Online
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
17 member football conference splits the tv revenue pie into too many slices.

You would need to release the exiting AAC teams early. Now, if you are requesting the exiting AAC teams to leave early, then the exit fee should be renegotiated to a lower point. We agreed to a 27 month exit in the bylaws and you're requesting us to leave early.

Overall, I think its better for the AAC brand to build up the incoming teams instead of holding onto the exiting teams. That's just my 2 cents.

The way the bylaws are written... AAC has a lame duck season while CUSA crumbles.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2022 01:32 PM by ArmoredUpKnight.)
02-16-2022 01:12 PM
Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

(02-16-2022 01:12 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  17 member football conference splits the tv revenue pie into too many slices.

You would need to release the exiting AAC teams early. Now, if you are requesting the exiting AAC teams to leave early, then the exit fee should be renegotiated to a lower point. We agreed to a 27 month exit in the bylaws and you're requesting us to leave early.

Overall, I think its better for the AAC brand to build up the incoming teams instead of holding onto the exiting teams. That's just my 2 cents.

The way the bylaws are written... AAC has a lame duck season while CUSA crumbles.

Not going to happen.
02-16-2022 01:37 PM
Advertisement

ICB Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(02-16-2022 11:34 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Not saying they have to and our schools leaving haven't said anything about leaving early but just wondering if it could happen sooner rather than later.

As a fan, I was hoping since UAB was kinda in the mix from the beginning for an AAC spot, that we could slip in a year early and be that 12th team for one season. Reunited and it feels so good!

Short answer: Yes.
02-16-2022 02:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DrBox Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
Absolutely not The AAC should stay far away that mess. It's not our fight. The "sunbelt 3" are really effing over other C-USA teams. We have nothing against those teams. Leave it alone.
The new teams should come on the proper timeline.
02-16-2022 10:17 PM
Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: North Texas
With the AAC football schedule coming out tomorrow, I highly doubt it's even in the realm of possibility anymore. I think most of us are prepared to spend one more year in what's left of CUSA.

Selfishly, North Texas needs that lame duck year since we didn't fire our coach after this season. We'll likely crash and burn next season and be starting fresh when we join the AAC in 2023.
02-16-2022 10:22 PM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
(02-16-2022 10:22 PM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  With the AAC football schedule coming out tomorrow, I highly doubt it's even in the realm of possibility anymore. I think most of us are prepared to spend one more year in what's left of CUSA.

Selfishly, North Texas needs that lame duck year since we didn't fire our coach after this season. We'll likely crash and burn next season and be starting fresh when we join the AAC in 2023.

Everyone's default position should be 1 July 2024 changes.

IF, I say IF, our departing schools leave a year earlier, I reckon Chet will happily take an extra $2.6 million for the NAAA. And then our six new members can come on board for 2023-24 year.
The one fly in the ointment is if that timeline isn't settled before 1 May 2022...then our future partners will be inside CUSA's 14 month notification. And in that case we'll have precedent from the current bunfight between CUSA and the SB3.
02-17-2022 12:13 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
B12 doesn't need new teams for 2022, Contracts will be settled for 2023. AAC doesn't need any replacements until then. CUSA schools will go to the belt for 2022, and will agree to a payout to CUSA which will go to the leftovers not leaving. That # will be pretty small, 250k to 500k which pays back most of one years TV deal. 2023 everyone other than TEX and OLK move. I wouldn't be surprised to see them move as well. The B12 has little reason to do a deal early that isn't for the vast majority of the contract's stated exit fee amount, and Tx. and OK. have little incentive to pay big $$ to leave early.
02-17-2022 10:20 AM
Advertisement

geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(02-16-2022 11:59 AM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  Would we? Well.....

In theory yes, but I'd imagine we'd want to see how the latest "situation" with the SB3 plays out before making a hard commitment.

Oh, god... Charlotte is coming? What tha actual hell....
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2022 02:17 PM by geosnooker2000.)
02-17-2022 02:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says any early moves should be assigned alphabetically.
02-17-2022 04:57 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
I'm sick to my stomach. This is disgusting.
02-17-2022 04:59 PM
MidknightWhiskey Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
(02-17-2022 10:20 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  B12 doesn't need new teams for 2022, Contracts will be settled for 2023. AAC doesn't need any replacements until then. CUSA schools will go to the belt for 2022, and will agree to a payout to CUSA which will go to the leftovers not leaving. That # will be pretty small, 250k to 500k which pays back most of one years TV deal. 2023 everyone other than TEX and OLK move. I wouldn't be surprised to see them move as well. The B12 has little reason to do a deal early that isn't for the vast majority of the contract's stated exit fee amount, and Tx. and OK. have little incentive to pay big $$ to leave early.

Completely agree. The AAC's 27 month clause is overkill but that's to allow ample time to find suitable replacements which all of us that went through the last wave of realignment can appreciate. Those replacements were found rather quickly. Now it's in everyone's best interest to resolve the exit in a timely manner. I'm anticipating this being UCF, UC & Houston's final year in the AAC, we will all pay an additional exit fee to leave before the 27 month time frame and the new members will be welcomed in for the '23 season.

Moving for the '22 season would be to much to soon IMO. I'm hoping someone involved in the CUSA Sunbelt move gets pissed off enough to spill what's going on behind the scenes.
02-17-2022 07:45 PM
Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

(02-17-2022 07:45 PM)MidknightWhiskey Wrote:  
(02-17-2022 10:20 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  B12 doesn't need new teams for 2022, Contracts will be settled for 2023. AAC doesn't need any replacements until then. CUSA schools will go to the belt for 2022, and will agree to a payout to CUSA which will go to the leftovers not leaving. That # will be pretty small, 250k to 500k which pays back most of one years TV deal. 2023 everyone other than TEX and OLK move. I wouldn't be surprised to see them move as well. The B12 has little reason to do a deal early that isn't for the vast majority of the contract's stated exit fee amount, and Tx. and OK. have little incentive to pay big $$ to leave early.

Completely agree. The AAC's 27 month clause is overkill but that's to allow ample time to find suitable replacements which all of us that went through the last wave of realignment can appreciate. Those replacements were found rather quickly. Now it's in everyone's best interest to resolve the exit in a timely manner. I'm anticipating this being UCF, UC & Houston's final year in the AAC, we will all pay an additional exit fee to leave before the 27 month time frame and the new members will be welcomed in for the '23 season.

Moving for the '22 season would be to much to soon IMO. I'm hoping someone involved in the CUSA Sunbelt move gets pissed off enough to spill what's going on behind the scenes.

Correct and the AAC announcing 2022 schedule should put that to rest
02-17-2022 07:50 PM
Advertisement

ArmoredUpKnight Online
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
Could the Sunbelt send invites to Charlotte, FAU, North Texas, Rice, UAB and/or UTSA for this 2022 season?

Try to land a bigger fish and poach a potential AAC addition. With the AAC schedule release, now would be the time to try and steal a team that’s stuck in limbo.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2022 06:54 AM by ArmoredUpKnight.)
02-18-2022 06:52 AM
Ragu Offline
All American

I Root For: FAU/FSU
(02-18-2022 06:52 AM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  Could the Sunbelt send invites to Charlotte, FAU, North Texas, Rice, UAB and/or UTSA for this 2022 season?

Try to land a bigger fish and poach a potential AAC addition. With the AAC schedule release, now would be the time to try and steal a team that’s stuck in limbo.
Um no thanks on that. Been there done that

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2022 07:28 AM by Ragu.)
02-18-2022 07:27 AM
Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

The upcoming AAC members will be fine with one more year in CUSA with or without the three SunBelt bound schools.

2023 they will be joining the AAC
02-18-2022 10:17 AM
ODUODUODU Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
(02-17-2022 04:57 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt says any early moves should be assigned alphabetically.

Perhaps the quality of the applicant's Tennis Facilities is better criteria?
02-20-2022 10:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.