Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game #23 Northeastern
Bookmark and Share
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Drexel
Game #23 Northeastern
The struggling Huskies come to the DAC with just a single conference win. They are really struggling with injuries this season and a lack of point guard play. In the CAA guard play wins the league. NU does not have it. With that said, they have plenty of talent. At least they already got that 1 win. To stay middle of the pack this one would be really nice to have. We are due for some good shooting.

Vegas: DU -6.5

NU- 72
DU- 74
02-12-2022 10:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

J.B. Online

RE: Game #23 Northeastern
What happened on Thursday was an embarrassment to the program. Not that they lost, but that they played with no effort in the 2nd half and just went through the motions. Maybe after watching the women's game last Sunday, I expect every Drexel team to have some fight in them. They need to play today's game with some desperation. Everyone knows that NU isn't as bad as their record indicates, and Drexel needs to prepare for a team that was picked to finish 2nd in the CAA, not a last place team.
02-12-2022 12:21 PM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
You're favored by 6.5, and the Sagarin and KenPom expect you to win by more.

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=367238 will have statistics. You are starting Washington, Bell, Wynter, Martin, and Williams. Northeastern is starting their most common starters, who are guards Jahmyl Telfort, Nikola Djogo, and Shaquille Walters, and forwards Chris Doherty and Coleman Stucke. The starters other than Stucke range from 10.8 to 12.8 points. Doherty leads the CAA with 9.1 rebounds. Djogo shoots threes .423 with 2.0 made.
02-12-2022 01:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EvanJ Offline
1st String

You lead 36-16 at halftime, and Towson leads 42-16 hosting Elon. The first three by a starter on either team was by Bell with 1:17 left. The first three and only other three was by Okros. Bell is the only double-digit scorer on either team with 12. Williams had 7 points and 4 rebounds. Butler had no shots and 6 rebounds. Wynter shot 1-5 to score 2, but contributed 4 rebounds, 4 assists, and no turnovers or fouls. He was the only player on either team with more than 1 assist. You shot 15-33 (.455), made all 4 free throws, and only committed 6 fouls and 2 turnovers. Northeastern shot 6-30 (.200) including threes 0-7. Chris Doherty led them with 8 points and 7 rebounds, but shot field goals 2-7, which is very bad for guys who don't shoot threes. You used ten players, and Northeastern used eleven.

Edit: It's 51-36. Bell scored 20. Wynter has 4 points, 6 rebounds, and 7 assists. Williams has 7 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 blocks. Chris Doherty has 14 points and 11 rebounds, but he went to the bench with his fourth foul with 9:08 left.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2022 03:25 PM by EvanJ.)
02-12-2022 02:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EvanJ Offline
1st String

You won 67-51. Bell scored 22. Martin was your other double-digit scorer with 13. Wynter had 9 points, 7 rebounds, and 7 assists. He led you in rebounds, as Williams and Butler had 6, and he had as many assists as Northeastern. Chris Doherty had 17 points, 12 rebounds, and 3 assists to lead Northeastern in all of those. Northeastern had no bench points, and only 2 points off turnovers.
02-12-2022 03:58 PM
J.B. Online

I said to people before the game that they needed to come out pissed off and with a sense of urgency. They did just that. Taking a 20 point halftime lead against the last place team who hasn't won a home game all year was big. Excellent game by Bell today to score about a third of Drexel's points and nice win overall.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2022 04:44 PM by J.B..)
02-12-2022 04:43 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Definitely nice to get ahead early and maintain it. But NU just is not good this year. The real question will be can we give this type of effort 2 games in a row?
02-13-2022 09:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.