Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NFL to play in Munich and Frankfurt
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
NFL to play in Munich and Frankfurt
Two excellent choices for the next four years. I see this being extended rather quickly.
02-09-2022 03:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Erictelevision Offline
All American

I Root For: Uconn hoops
RE: NFL to play in Munich and Frankfurt
Give it up Roger!
02-10-2022 12:12 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Germany is their best chance of growing the sport. There's a reason why E.L.F. is German/Austrian centric. The NFL should've started their Euro push into Germany in the first place. I get it's about the London market but the pro and semi pro leagues in Germany are further advanced than England. Even France, Denmark and Belgium have further advanced leagues than England. I've watched U19 competition between those countries. They're competive games but still 40+ behind USA and Canada. Even Japan has college and pro football. You're also starting to see some talent move to the US for college ball and two of those were in the Sr. Bowl. I think the Euro/NFL connections are just getting started.
02-10-2022 11:18 AM
goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
I wonder if withdrawing from the EU will give London any advantages over Germany if the NFL ever tries to locate a permanent franchise in Europe.

Of course if the NFL ever got really ambitious, maybe they could create a whole division in Europe, with 2 teams in London and 2 in Germany.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2022 12:17 PM by goofus.)
02-12-2022 12:15 PM
Advertisement

Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
This was one reason for adding the 17th game, correct? To not disturb the 8/8 H/A split too much.
02-16-2022 12:01 PM
goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
(02-16-2022 12:01 PM)Troy_Fan_15 Wrote:  This was one reason for adding the 17th game, correct? To not disturb the 8/8 H/A split too much.

Correct, although I noticed Jacksonville will be playing a home game this year in London even though the Jaguars only have 8 homes this year. But I am guessing the Jaguars are the only team willing to do that.
02-17-2022 08:25 AM
Cruhawk Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Rutgers
(02-10-2022 11:18 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  Germany is their best chance of growing the sport. There's a reason why E.L.F. is German/Austrian centric. The NFL should've started their Euro push into Germany in the first place. I get it's about the London market but the pro and semi pro leagues in Germany are further advanced than England. Even France, Denmark and Belgium have further advanced leagues than England. I've watched U19 competition between those countries. They're competive games but still 40+ behind USA and Canada. Even Japan has college and pro football. You're also starting to see some talent move to the US for college ball and two of those were in the Sr. Bowl. I think the Euro/NFL connections are just getting started.

I think its just that England had lower "barriers to entry" for the NFL to make its initial European foothold in: physically closer to North America than continental Europe, native English speakers, similar culture and longstanding ties to the US, and the UK being a developed and relatively wealthy country, especially since London is a true "world city" with a lot of international reach (travel/finance/entertainment hub, close to mainland Europe, former UK colonies, etc). Germany/Austria seems like the true growth market for American football in Europe (Poland, Czechia, Scandinavia, and Italy seem promising too)
02-17-2022 10:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.