UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fisher rant gets me to thinking...
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Fisher rant gets me to thinking...
...and not to dig up the past, but... here goes...

...given his epic 'rant', and generally calling out SaBear himself, I wonder if Jimbo would 'give more insight' to a general question about how the UAB coaching situation 'post-Watson' REALLY went down? I mean we KNOW the score, but it would be interesting to hear him speak to it, especially now that things seem to be 'stable' everywhere... 03-phew

I wish someone could have tacked on at the end of his rant - "Oh yeah, coach, speaking of Saban, remember that time when... ?" 03-lmfao
02-06-2022 02:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, USNA
RE: Fisher rant gets me to thinking...
Yeah, he won't say anything about that. It no longer matters to him because he's making big boy bucks now.
02-08-2022 05:38 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(02-08-2022 05:38 PM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  Yeah, he won't say anything about that. It no longer matters to him because he's making big boy bucks now.

yeah, but... it would have been interesting to catch him while he was riled up about Bama to see if he would have... Maybe one day we will be matched up against A&M (maybe in a bowl?) and you would think that 'connection' to us would be brought up by SOMEbody...
02-08-2022 07:08 PM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

This is probably as far as he would go:

https://www.al.com/sports/2014/01/jimbo_..._trus.html
02-08-2022 08:15 PM
rook360 Offline
All American

(02-08-2022 07:08 PM)GreenFreakUAB Wrote:  
(02-08-2022 05:38 PM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  Yeah, he won't say anything about that. It no longer matters to him because he's making big boy bucks now.

yeah, but... it would have been interesting to catch him while he was riled up about Bama to see if he would have... Maybe one day we will be matched up against A&M (maybe in a bowl?) and you would think that 'connection' to us would be brought up by SOMEbody...

It's done. He has no connection to us besides not getting the job. He's in a better position TWO jobs after not getting the job at UAB.
That part of the past means more to us than him.
02-10-2022 01:40 AM
Advertisement

GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

(02-10-2022 01:40 AM)rook360 Wrote:  
(02-08-2022 07:08 PM)GreenFreakUAB Wrote:  

It's done. He has no connection to us besides not getting the job. He's in a better position TWO jobs after not getting the job at UAB.
That part of the past means more to us than him.

...howza bout NOW??? 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana ...sorry, just figured I'd dredge this back up... ...who knows? We may get that "30 for 30" thing YET... 05-stirthepot05-stirthepot05-stirthepot
05-19-2022 09:06 PM
BlazintheAtl1 Offline
All American

It probably doesn't even register in his mind anymore.
05-20-2022 01:37 AM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

It is still a thing for uab fans but coaches “almost” get jobs all the time and he is long removed from that. Even then it ended up better for him; he dodged a bad situation, ended up at FSU on his way to a national title and $100 million.
05-20-2022 07:26 AM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

...well, I know this is a dead horse 05-deadhorse (first time using that one) and again, sorry for bringing it back up, but...

...as to the 'crux' of the issue, this whole NIL deal is going to be quite interesting to watch down the road... Not sure where WE end up in all of this, but I guess just keep plugging away and see what happens... but if something isn't 'muted' in the NIL world, it will definitely result in the top 36-48 -ish programs breaking away and becoming a 'quazi-pro' league unto themselves... just TOO much money to be had... (STILL looking for the 'money' emoji, GTS... 03-lmfao )
05-20-2022 08:15 AM
Advertisement

blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(05-20-2022 08:15 AM)GreenFreakUAB Wrote:  ...well, I know this is a dead horse 05-deadhorse (first time using that one) and again, sorry for bringing it back up, but...

...as to the 'crux' of the issue, this whole NIL deal is going to be quite interesting to watch down the road... Not sure where WE end up in all of this, but I guess just keep plugging away and see what happens... but if something isn't 'muted' in the NIL world, it will definitely result in the top 36-48 -ish programs breaking away and becoming a 'quazi-pro' league unto themselves... just TOO much money to be had... (STILL looking for the 'money' emoji, GTS... 03-lmfao )

What Saban and Jimbo are fighting over is exactly what the NIL issue is right now. You cannot use NIL to recruit, but schools are doing it all over, and the NCAA has no power.

I will be interested to see how Jelly does this season. If a player like him can be successful at UAB, I think it really helps the cause for the G5. He should be very marketable this year, and hopefully he can capitalize on that.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2022 10:54 AM by blazers9911.)
05-20-2022 09:18 AM
blazerjay Offline

Donators
It would be easier to get his ex-wife to talk about it. She had no problems talking about it right after it happened. There was a lot of relaying info about it from her during tv broadcast of the FSU game the next season.

Here is a what if scenario:

How different would college football be if UAB had hired Jimbo Fisher?
05-20-2022 10:01 AM
biglizard Offline
All American

I Root For:
Apparently we aren't the only people who were thinking .....

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2022/...g-way.html
05-20-2022 02:27 PM
rook360 Offline
All American

(05-19-2022 09:06 PM)GreenFreakUAB Wrote:  ...howza bout NOW??? 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana ...sorry, just figured I'd dredge this back up...

Saban had nothing directly to do with Fisher not getting the job here at that time

(05-20-2022 08:15 AM)GreenFreakUAB Wrote:  ...well, I know this is a dead horse 05-deadhorse (first time using that one) and again, sorry for bringing it back up, but...

No, you're not.

(05-20-2022 07:26 AM)DuelingDragon Wrote:  It is still a thing for uab fans

Just a few. We've got a Great HC, 2 conference championships, a top 15 win, We have a new stadium to call home, 2 bowl wins, and are moving into a new conference....and folks still pining over Fisher. Boats sailed. I'd rather focus on winning the AAC and setting us up for the next move.
05-20-2022 05:45 PM
Advertisement

BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, USNA
(05-20-2022 05:45 PM)rook360 Wrote:  We've got a Great HC, 2 conference championships, a top 15 win, We have a new stadium to call home, 2 bowl wins, and are moving into a new conference....and folks still pining over Fisher. Boats sailed. I'd rather focus on winning the AAC and setting us up for the next move.

04-cheers 04-cheers
05-20-2022 07:33 PM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

I don’t think anybody is pining over Jimbo. It gets brought up relative to a specific BOT group. A ship that has also sailed.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2022 07:50 PM by DuelingDragon.)
05-20-2022 07:50 PM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

...look, I'm not necessarily a Jimbo fan, but it just was a VERY large swipe at the program when the BOT shut down who WE wanted, whomever that would have been... and THEN plug in one of PBJ's buds in the HC role...

...and I thought that Saban WAS 'supposedly' the reason we couldn't get Fisher, as it was thought that Saban may want Fisher as his OC... seems like I remember Jimbo ready to sign a contract and get on a plane to BHM... but yeah, in the final analysis, the past is of little concern in the present... 04-cheers
05-20-2022 09:25 PM
Jball Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(05-20-2022 09:25 PM)GreenFreakUAB Wrote:  ...look, I'm not necessarily a Jimbo fan, but it just was a VERY large swipe at the program when the BOT shut down who WE wanted, whomever that would have been... and THEN plug in one of PBJ's buds in the HC role...

...and I thought that Saban WAS 'supposedly' the reason we couldn't get Fisher, as it was thought that Saban may want Fisher as his OC... seems like I remember Jimbo ready to sign a contract and get on a plane to BHM... but yeah, in the final analysis, the past is of little concern in the present... 04-cheers

You are correct.
05-21-2022 10:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.