Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JMU @ Hofstra
Bookmark and Share
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
JMU @ Hofstra
Maybe the last time JMU (11-7) ever plays the Hofstra Shame (11-9). This one is bigger than some may realize as JMU can possibly move into 4th place with a win pending other outcomes Saturday. A win will keep hope alive that this year can be a championship year. 13-5 may just be enough to win the CAA with a fraudulent UNCW currently at the top and destined to lose more games. A JMU loss probably would be the death knell for 2022. Dukes gotta play with their hair on fire.

Revenge time. I’m sure the team is bitter for how they crumbled in the last 3 minutes against Hofstra in the Burg. That is good motivation to be better this time. Hofstra is only slightly bigger than JMU which bodes well for coach By to play a defense focused on the perimeter without need to double the post. Nacho didn’t play in the first matchup. He is the X factor in this one.

Dukes flip the script from a month ago and get a big upset road win.

JMU 87
Hofstra 80
02-04-2022 11:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JacksonHall Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
RE: JMU @ Hofstra
Defense in this game will be the key. Coach Byington has been tinkering with the Dukes defense that has been unable to defend the 3s in man to man defense. After an unsuccessful attempt with the 1-3-1 against Delaware and getting owned in the post, he switched to a 3-2 with a 1-2-1-1 press to slow down the Northeastern offense. It worked and I'd expect more of the same today if JMU starts giving up easy 3 point shots early.
The Dukes got good defensive performances from Nacho and Savage off the bench. Hodge continues to be an odd man out only getting 4 minutes in the last game. He can shoot the 3, but his defensive play isn't very good - especially in man. Another 20+ point game for Vado.
Dukes win 69-65.
02-05-2022 08:47 AM
Bill Offline
1st String

Hofstra makes 10 3 pointers and goes up by 35 at the half but JMU comes back and wins by 1 with a Vado buzzer beater!
02-05-2022 09:19 AM
Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison Dukes
Edwards 16 pts and 9 rebounds

Dukes 69
Pride 66
02-05-2022 11:47 AM
Halz87 Offline
1st String

JMU @ Hofstra
Molson may have been our best all-around player. Glad we got a tune-up against Northeastern before this one with the new rotations.

We make a few more of those point blank shots we blew Thursday and the new rotation gels some more. Plus.....I'm in the pro-Edwards camp as well, so looking for his (slightly out of control) slashing 17 added to his steals/assists. 77-72 JMU

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
02-05-2022 01:42 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Hopefully the Dukes coax Estrada into taking 3’s and run everyone else off the line. Identifying who is who on defense will be crucial.
The Dukes had this team beat a month ago, then choked at the end with Molson having a couple of turnovers, Morse missing front end of a 1-1 and the Dukes got out scored 8-0 in the last 3 minutes.

I think Nacho > Molson. He won’t score as much, but is a Jack of all trades and willing passer.
02-05-2022 01:53 PM
Advertisement

KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

Today will be a good test if whether Northeastern was so much closer because they're that much better with some players back or because we're that much worse without Molson. I'll be optimistic and say we get Hofstra back.

Dukes 76
Hofstra 72
02-05-2022 01:57 PM
Halz87 Offline
1st String

JMU @ Hofstra
I thought By was gonna get a T and I wouldn’t have blamed him. At least 2 obvious travels that weren’t called against Hofstraband a lot of no calls against plays on our shooters. Doesn’t look like it’s being called both ways right now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
02-05-2022 02:27 PM
Halz87 Offline
1st String

JMU @ Hofstra
It seems to me that at 6’7”.....Amadi and Sule should be better finishers when getting feeds down low. Sule has to work on his hands and quit opting for fadeaways from the paint. He seemed more agggressive earlier in the season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
02-05-2022 02:50 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Very fortunate to only be down 1 at half. The Dukes are right where you want to be for a potential road upset.

I don’t hink we can count on Hofstra being ice Cold from 3 in the second half. They are a good shooting team, except Estrada and he is the only one who has been good from downtown in the first half. 4-18 and many of those were wide open.

On the other hand, JMU cannot convert in the paint. A ton of shots being missed at the rim.
On defense, Hofstra’s guards are too good to be bothered by full court pressure. The Dukes need to find another way to get turnovers in today’s game.

I would expect both teams to be much better offensively in the second half. Good game, but many shots aren’t falling that would reasonably be expected to fall for both teams.

Someway, somehow scratch out a win which would be huge for the team. Was Hofstra a 10 point favorite ?
02-05-2022 02:55 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

Looks like it was Hofstra -7.5.
02-05-2022 03:03 PM
Advertisement

KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

Why no press down 5 with 1:30 to go???
02-05-2022 03:46 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

Much better look there, huge three Chuck!
02-05-2022 03:50 PM
MarginalDuke Offline
1st String

I’m gonna miss Chuck Falden. The two failures on offense have been Morse taking questionable shots and Wooden who seems like a liability when he puts the ball on the floor (he could be a driving force but he loses it 75% of the time)
02-05-2022 03:52 PM
MarginalDuke Offline
1st String

Our presses in the last minute have been fantastic! Two turnovers in the corner of doom.
02-05-2022 03:52 PM
Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

Down two, 37 seconds, Pride ball
02-05-2022 03:53 PM
Advertisement

Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

JMU ball, 32 seconds, down 2
02-05-2022 03:54 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

Wow what a joke of a foul call. At least it's only the 6th. 2.5 to go.
02-05-2022 03:55 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

Major major cringe how their PA guy does cheers over the mic lol
02-05-2022 03:56 PM
MarginalDuke Offline
1st String

(02-05-2022 03:55 PM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  Wow what a joke of a foul call. At least it's only the 6th. 2.5 to go.

If Dukes lose off this inbounds, total ref show.
02-05-2022 03:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.