Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2022 Football National Signing Day
Bookmark and Share
FirstandGoal Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Lamar
2022 Football National Signing Day
Looks like Lamar has signed twenty-seven players in addition to the ones from the December signing period. Not sure how many may be transfers.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022 04:42 PM by FirstandGoal.)
02-02-2022 02:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexanFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tarleton
RE: 2022 Football National Signing Day
https://tarletonsports.com/news/2022/2/2...g-day.aspx

Tarleton only signs 7 and all are transfers. Coach Whitten says with 39 kids signed over the last two years and most stayed, we didn’t need more freshmen. He also stated we would sign another 3-5 later in the spring.
02-02-2022 04:40 PM
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

I Root For: NMSU
I read on the Sam Houston website that the move to the FBS has noticeably improved their recruiting. Maybe I missed the discussion on another thread, but will Sam Houston remain FCS eligible for the 2022 season? And how will they remedy the difference in roster size between the 63-scholarship player roster in the FCS and the 85-scholarship player roster in the FBS? Will they need to have some of the new prospects enroll as walk-on as they wait to transition to the FBS for the 2023 season?
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2022 01:01 PM by NMSUPistolPete.)
02-07-2022 12:54 PM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
(02-07-2022 12:54 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  I read on the Sam Houston website that the move to the FBS has noticeably improved their recruiting. Maybe I missed the discussion on another thread, but will Sam Houston remain FCS eligible for the 2022 season? And how will they remedy the difference in roster size between the 63-scholarship player roster in the FCS and the 85-scholarship player roster in the FBS? Will they need to have some of the new prospects enroll as walk-on as they wait to transition to the FBS for the 2023 season?

Recruiting has NOT been their problem. Obviously the results on the field in the last five years or so would attest to that. Their problem is finding fans who actually will show up and support them. That is the conundrum.
02-07-2022 08:18 PM
Advertisement

StroKat Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Sam Houston St
(02-07-2022 08:18 PM)BlueDragon Wrote:  
(02-07-2022 12:54 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  I read on the Sam Houston website that the move to the FBS has noticeably improved their recruiting. Maybe I missed the discussion on another thread, but will Sam Houston remain FCS eligible for the 2022 season? And how will they remedy the difference in roster size between the 63-scholarship player roster in the FCS and the 85-scholarship player roster in the FBS? Will they need to have some of the new prospects enroll as walk-on as they wait to transition to the FBS for the 2023 season?

Recruiting has NOT been their problem. Obviously the results on the field in the last five years or so would attest to that. Their problem is finding fans who actually will show up and support them. That is the conundrum.

They can have 85 scholarships starting next year.

Tarleton fans will forever melt that Sam Houston was accepted into CUSA, while Tarleton will forever be FCS. Ouch.
02-08-2022 09:24 AM
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
(02-08-2022 09:24 AM)StroKat Wrote:  

Tarleton fans will forever melt that Sam Houston was accepted into CUSA, while Tarleton will forever be FCS. Ouch.

You gonna melt if they join CUSA in the next 2-3 years?
02-08-2022 10:54 AM
StroKat Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Sam Houston St
(02-08-2022 10:54 AM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  

They have no shot at CUSA. SFA would be next up if they want to stay in TX.

Tarleton brings nothing to the table.
02-08-2022 11:53 AM
Advertisement

NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

I Root For: NMSU
My question is, how is Sam Houston remedying the difference in roster size between the FCS and the FBS? Is the 2022 recruiting class just to back fill player losses on their 63 players roster or is it also addressing their expansion to their 85 players roster for 2023? I can only assume Sam Houston will only suit up 63 scholarship players to remain eligible for this final FCS season. Will there be other players waiting in the wings as non-scholarship players in the interim?
02-08-2022 12:13 PM
OscarWildeCat Offline
1st String

I Root For: ACU & UGA
(02-08-2022 12:13 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  My question is, how is Sam Houston remedying the difference in roster size between the FCS and the FBS? Is the 2022 recruiting class just to back fill player losses on their 63 players roster or is it also addressing their expansion to their 85 players roster for 2023? I can only assume Sam Houston will only suit up 63 scholarship players to remain eligible for this final FCS season. Will there be other players waiting in the wings as non-scholarship players in the interim?

Sam Houston will not be eligible for the FCS playoffs as a transition team.
https://fbschedules.com/sam-houston-adds...-schedule/
02-08-2022 01:15 PM
FirstandGoal Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Lamar
(02-08-2022 01:15 PM)OscarWildeCat Wrote:  
(02-08-2022 12:13 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  My question is, how is Sam Houston remedying the difference in roster size between the FCS and the FBS? Is the 2022 recruiting class just to back fill player losses on their 63 players roster or is it also addressing their expansion to their 85 players roster for 2023? I can only assume Sam Houston will only suit up 63 scholarship players to remain eligible for this final FCS season. Will there be other players waiting in the wings as non-scholarship players in the interim?

Sam Houston will not be eligible for the FCS playoffs as a transition team.
https://fbschedules.com/sam-houston-adds...-schedule/

As I read that article/announcement it stated that Sam would not be eligible in 2023. Also, they added another upper tier FCS game. I don't believe Sam starts their transition until they are in the FBS conference. But I can see where they could entice athletes that believe they are better than FCS players since as freshman they probably wouldn't be getting playing time at an FBS school the first year anyway.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2022 01:38 PM by FirstandGoal.)
02-08-2022 01:33 PM
Advertisement

Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
(02-08-2022 11:53 AM)StroKat Wrote:  
(02-08-2022 10:54 AM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  

They have no shot at CUSA. SFA would be next up if they want to stay in TX.

Tarleton brings nothing to the table.

Agreed that that's how it should be...... but muh A&M system...
02-08-2022 03:31 PM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU

Yes, we DO have fans and support something your school sorely lacks. I’m good with being FCS for the next decade to improve all our facilities and build up the Ft Worth campus. Nothing like being in Bowers and enjoying the acoustic echos of the PA reverberating off the empty stands.
02-08-2022 08:20 PM
Itinerant Texan Offline
Shot Caller

I Root For: On Ye Tarleton!

Only a total schmuck would "ouch" their own sh*t talk. But then again, you scam houston fans have proven to be a truly pathetic lot. Maybe not all 253 fans, but most of them.
02-08-2022 08:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.