Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN: Ja Morant and the Memphis Grizzlies have arrived, and everyone's hearing about
Bookmark and Share
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

I Root For: Memphis
ESPN: Ja Morant and the Memphis Grizzlies have arrived, and everyone's hearing about
02-02-2022 08:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
RE: ESPN: Ja Morant and the Memphis Grizzlies have arrived, and everyone's hearing about
Just about to post.

Awesome
02-02-2022 08:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JerryJeff Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: ESPN: Ja Morant and the Memphis Grizzlies have arrived, and everyone's hearing about
Good read, thanks!
02-02-2022 10:39 AM
UofMark Offline
Heisman

I always wondered what got under LeBrons skin that last game we played against the Lakers. Bane with a fantastic zinger.
02-02-2022 11:32 AM
Advertisement

k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
a second national article from ESPN popped today, another awesome read, especially if you're from Memphis

https://theundefeated.com/features/mista...:nba:index
02-02-2022 12:10 PM
mempho_to_diego Offline
2 legit 2 quit

great reads ... both articles!
02-02-2022 04:01 PM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(02-02-2022 12:10 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  a second national article from ESPN popped today, another awesome read, especially if you're from Memphis

https://theundefeated.com/features/mista...:nba:index
Except for picking the worst person to quote...LOL.
02-02-2022 07:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TGTiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis
The grizzlies are not just fun they are the most “team” team in the nba
02-03-2022 12:35 AM
TGTiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis
(02-02-2022 11:32 AM)UofMark Wrote:  I always wondered what got under LeBrons skin that last game we played against the Lakers. Bane with a fantastic zinger.

MJ was a prolific **** talker - it was part of his game and his psyche and competitiveness.

I’m not comparing Ja to him at all but it really does reflect some guys heads if talk is going on.

The breakdown of what was said in that game was really interesting
02-03-2022 12:37 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
In the game tonight one of the announcers said that JM practices his landings....and trains with Trey Draper. Interesting.

I've always marveled at Morant's gracefulness... how free flowing his body looks when it gets air... liftoffs are flawlessly timed..hang time is expertly controlled and his landings...well they complete the package.

I don't know if I've ever seen any BB player with such thorough all encompassing body control.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2022 01:09 AM by snowtiger.)
02-03-2022 01:07 AM
Advertisement

PennyWise Offline
2nd String

I keep seeing articles about possible Simmons trade to the grizz for Brooks and a couple others with picks involved. I absolutely 100% do not want Simmons!

Dude is a cancer with attitude, can't shoot, doesn't try to shoot, and seems like a coward that would kill our locker room and team chemistry. Surely our front office is aware...
02-03-2022 11:06 AM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(02-03-2022 11:06 AM)PennyWise Wrote:  I keep seeing articles about possible Simmons trade to the grizz for Brooks and a couple others with picks involved. I absolutely 100% do not want Simmons!

Dude is a cancer with attitude, can't shoot, doesn't try to shoot, and seems like a coward that would kill our locker room and team chemistry. Surely our front office is aware...
Those articles are coming from the 76er side. Last I saw they said Brooks, Anderson and Jones plus a couple of draft picks. They still believe they will get a lot for him but he's very damaged goods. I doubt if the Grizzlies would give up Culver for him...lol.
02-03-2022 11:35 AM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
(02-03-2022 11:35 AM)mairving Wrote:  
(02-03-2022 11:06 AM)PennyWise Wrote:  I keep seeing articles about possible Simmons trade to the grizz for Brooks and a couple others with picks involved. I absolutely 100% do not want Simmons!

Those articles are coming from the 76er side. Last I saw they said Brooks, Anderson and Jones plus a couple of draft picks. They still believe they will get a lot for him but he's very damaged goods. I doubt if the Grizzlies would give up Culver for him...lol.

I get your point but would do Brooks, Anderson and Jones but only 1 first round pick. Simmons would probably thrive here with Ja drawing and dishing and Bane raining threes. Simmons attitude is the only thing that bothers me.

Jones and Anderson are probably gone after this year so basically we lose DB and a pick while adding Simmons. I trust our front office to make the right decision but Ben Simmons and JJJ would make a formidable inside duo.

That said, doubt this trade happens on our end. We will likely trade Jones and SloMo, keep DB and use one of our 3 first round picks in a trade scenario. Culver is probably gone too. I think Melton, Clark and Zaire are here until it gets to where we can't pay them.

Ja is fixing to get a max deal (another reason not to trade for Simmons, tough tow be in a small market) . We have great chemistry with our players and I hate to see any of them leave. We are going to have to pay to keep Bane pretty soon as well. Dont see us letting him go anywhere.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2022 11:58 AM by MemphisTigerPawr.)
02-04-2022 11:55 AM
Advertisement

mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(02-04-2022 11:55 AM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  
(02-03-2022 11:35 AM)mairving Wrote:  

I get your point but would do Brooks, Anderson and Jones but only 1 first round pick. Simmons would probably thrive here with Ja drawing and dishing and Bane raining threes. Simmons attitude is the only thing that bothers me.

Jones and Anderson are probably gone after this year so basically we lose DB and a pick while adding Simmons. I trust our front office to make the right decision but Ben Simmons and JJJ would make a formidable inside duo.

That said, doubt this trade happens on our end. We will likely trade Jones and SloMo, keep DB and use one of our 3 first round picks in a trade scenario. Culver is probably gone too. I think Melton, Clark and Zaire are here until it gets to where we can't pay them.

Ja is fixing to get a max deal (another reason not to trade for Simmons, tough tow be in a small market) . We have great chemistry with our players and I hate to see any of them leave. We are going to have to pay to keep Bane pretty soon as well. Dont see us letting him go anywhere.
You really want a guy that makes $33M a year and will rise to $40M in a couple of years that just refused to play? Who knows if he will even be in shape. Doesn't seem like he would fit either. Plus why would you even think about potentially messing up the team that is playing so well. Crazy talk. I don't think he gets traded before the deadline. Probably going to have a hard time trading him after the season as well because Philadelphia wants to get some good value back for him.
02-04-2022 02:34 PM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline

Donators
Dont really want to trade for him but I would take that deal if Philly would. I mentioned both those factors in my assessment of him but it is probably worth the risk. Put him with Ja and see what happens.

Ja DeAnthony
Bane Konchar
Zaire Clark
Simmons Tillman
JJJ Adams

That's a pretty strong 10 deep. Like I said its worth the risk imo but I love Dillon Brooks. Add Culver and Aldama 12 deep.

Just want to get a nice return on Tyus Jones and SloMo. We cannot let them walk without anything in return. I would not do the deal with two first round picks. Tyus Jones is a great young PG and DB is a stud and a defensive gem. Anderson is the type vet any team could use.

Its just message board speculation at this point. Like I said I trust our front office either way. I get standing pat but we are going to have to make some moves eventually. Simmons value is down right now but he is a legit top 20 level talent. Sometimes players need a change of scenery. Simmons time in Philly is over, and understandably so.

Tyus and Anderson's time here is almost done, the trade seems worth the risk imo. Years ago the Suns were ready to give up on Devin Booker. I think the 76ers are somewhat short sighted and at least the trade would be with a team not in our division. May as well be us that benefits from their misfortune

Just an opinion, not saying its our only option, just intriguing to me. Go Grizz!
02-04-2022 05:28 PM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline

Donators
This interview in NYC is pure gold

02-05-2022 04:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.