Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

“What Drama” there is none
Bookmark and Share
Tigermoon Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Memphistigers
MyBB “What Drama” there is none
Drama on any team is all in the minds of “us” as fans of these teams, weather it be pro sports or college, it is what it is , at this level all of these kids and there “family’s” are trying to get to the next level” I think what is happening with the bates group is the emergence of “josh” and it has taken on a drive of its on, an its a beautiful thing, penny and the players know this, if everyone comes back they will be better, but the drama will always be here and everywhere else, we have to live with it, check out the drama not in the “NFL” and we have not heard of the information that is about to. One out from John Gruden yet, more “drama”
02-02-2022 08:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bathtub Gin Offline
All American

I Root For: Free Market
RE: “What Drama” there is none
Post less moving forward

-thanks
02-02-2022 08:47 AM
memtigbb Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
Well, I wouldnt go that far... how about this...

Post less when you are drunk moving forward

-thanks
02-02-2022 09:33 AM
Virginia Tiger Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis
(02-02-2022 08:10 AM)Tigermoon Wrote:  Drama on any team is all in the minds of “us” as fans of these teams, weather it be pro sports or college, it is what it is , at this level all of these kids and there “family’s” are trying to get to the next level” I think what is happening with the bates group is the emergence of “josh” and it has taken on a drive of its on, an its a beautiful thing, penny and the players know this, if everyone comes back they will be better, but the drama will always be here and everywhere else, we have to live with it, check out the drama not in the “NFL” and we have not heard of the information that is about to. One out from John Gruden yet, more “drama”

Do you really think ALL kids at this level are trying to make it to the NBA? I don't think so. I bet there is a percentage that know from day one that they will not make it to the NBA but still have a competitive drive and want to win at this level. What that percentage number is, I don't know. If your definition of next level is G League or a professional league in a foreign country, the percentage may be higher but still not 100%.
02-02-2022 11:07 AM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
The number of players on our team who think they are NBA caliber is probably pretty high. Dandridge believed himself a two and done. We have several players with NBA level potential but not many with the motor.

Duren and Minott are NBA bound. Bates might make it but so far he is a bust. Not sure he has the work ethic to last even if drafted.

Nolley probably goes to Europe. Timberlake needs a jump shot and has an outside chance on a few years.

Dont see Quinones in the NBA, certainly not anyone else on our squad for that matter. Duren and Minott will likely have really nice careers.

Nothing wrong with having a nice college experience, getting your degree and moving on.

Minott may be a better pro than Duren, tough to tell but they both have "it". Not really sure anyone else on our team does. That should be enough to lead us into the post season if the players roles were clearly defined,. Instead Penny plays "positionless" basketball which fails to take advantages of what should be his primary weapons..

It is very, very frustrating to watch.
02-02-2022 12:12 PM
oruvoice Offline
Heisman

(02-02-2022 11:07 AM)Virginia Tiger Wrote:  
(02-02-2022 08:10 AM)Tigermoon Wrote:  Drama on any team is all in the minds of “us” as fans of these teams, weather it be pro sports or college, it is what it is , at this level all of these kids and there “family’s” are trying to get to the next level” I think what is happening with the bates group is the emergence of “josh” and it has taken on a drive of its on, an its a beautiful thing, penny and the players know this, if everyone comes back they will be better, but the drama will always be here and everywhere else, we have to live with it, check out the drama not in the “NFL” and we have not heard of the information that is about to. One out from John Gruden yet, more “drama”

Do you really think ALL kids at this level are trying to make it to the NBA?

Yes. The overwhelming majority of high D-1 basketball players think they are going to the NBA. When I was closely involved with the players at ORU (low D-1), even many of them thought they had a legit shot at the NBA...if only the coach would use them right, more minutes, more shots, etc.
02-02-2022 12:18 PM
Advertisement

Virginia Tiger Offline
2nd String

(02-02-2022 12:18 PM)oruvoice Wrote:  

Yes. The overwhelming majority of high D-1 basketball players think they are going to the NBA. When I was closely involved with the players at ORU (low D-1), even many of them thought they had a legit shot at the NBA...if only the coach would use them right, more minutes, more shots, etc.

Then you agree with me. "Overwhelming majority" does not equal 100%.
02-02-2022 12:32 PM
msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

I Root For: Truffles
(02-02-2022 12:32 PM)Virginia Tiger Wrote:  

You have to define at this level. Does that mean every player in every program? Highly touted and recruited players from high school? Starters at D1 high-majors? If you want to pick nits and get ultra-specific, it's helpful to know definitive parameters on the front-end.
02-02-2022 12:37 PM
Virginia Tiger Offline
2nd String

(02-02-2022 12:37 PM)msu35 Wrote:  

You have to define at this level. Does that mean every player in every program? Highly touted and recruited players from high school? Starters at D1 high-majors? If you want to pick nits and get ultra-specific, it's helpful to know definitive parameters on the front-end.

Since Tigermoon started this thread with that phrase, I'll let him define at this level before I defend what I said. I assumed he meant all players for D1 programs, but I may have misunderstood what he meant.
02-02-2022 12:54 PM
Tigermoon Offline
Water Engineer

(02-02-2022 08:47 AM)Bathtub Gin Wrote:  Post less moving forward

-thanks

How about you “post” less, it’s my opinion
02-02-2022 01:09 PM
TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
[Image: hours-since-last-drama.jpg]
02-02-2022 01:17 PM
Advertisement

Tigermoon Offline
Water Engineer

There’s“Drama” everywhere, even a school like “Gonzaga” has drama, our drama is no different than anyone else’s, all of these players are trying to get to the same play, the pro’s, most of them will not make it, to be a coach in any of today’s sports, the drama as we as fans call it will always be there, I if you are the best team or the worst team or somewhere in the middle, it’s going to be some kind of drama, the 2008 team had drama, it is what it is,
02-02-2022 01:23 PM
oruvoice Offline
Heisman

I don't think I'd say 100% about anything, other than death and taxes.
02-02-2022 01:42 PM
former guest Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
Hey OP, how about this? Learn to use a freaking period. Your word salad is pretty much unreadable, which makes me really question the authenticity of whatever point it is you are trying to make.
02-02-2022 02:50 PM
Alcalde2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Mem
(02-02-2022 01:23 PM)Tigermoon Wrote:  There’s“Drama” everywhere, even a school like “Gonzaga” has drama, our drama is no different than anyone else’s, all of these players are trying to get to the same play, the pro’s, most of them will not make it, to be a coach in any of today’s sports, the drama as we as fans call it will always be there, I if you are the best team or the worst team or somewhere in the middle, it’s going to be some kind of drama, the 2008 team had drama, it is what it is,

Our current team has more drama than any Tiger team I can remember. More than Tic Price, more than the Grey and Alexander debacle. Stupid and foolish to say that our drama is no different than anyone else's. Not true
02-02-2022 03:23 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(02-02-2022 01:09 PM)Tigermoon Wrote:  
(02-02-2022 08:47 AM)Bathtub Gin Wrote:  Post less moving forward

-thanks

How about you “post” less, it’s my opinion

You tell'm, TM...
02-02-2022 04:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-02-2022 03:23 PM)Alcalde2 Wrote:  
(02-02-2022 01:23 PM)Tigermoon Wrote:  There’s“Drama” everywhere, even a school like “Gonzaga” has drama, our drama is no different than anyone else’s, all of these players are trying to get to the same play, the pro’s, most of them will not make it, to be a coach in any of today’s sports, the drama as we as fans call it will always be there, I if you are the best team or the worst team or somewhere in the middle, it’s going to be some kind of drama, the 2008 team had drama, it is what it is,

Our current team has more drama than any Tiger team I can remember. More than Tic Price, more than the Grey and Alexander debacle. Stupid and foolish to say that our drama is no different than anyone else's. Not true

Cal's teams had plenty of drama. Difference was things were better contained back then. And the team was winning bigly.
02-02-2022 05:32 PM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-02-2022 05:32 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  
(02-02-2022 03:23 PM)Alcalde2 Wrote:  

Cal's teams had plenty of drama. Difference was things were better contained back then. And the team was winning bigly.

I remember some games where Cal had 6 players on the bench.
02-02-2022 05:33 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(02-02-2022 12:12 PM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  The number of players on our team who think they are NBA caliber is probably pretty high. Dandridge believed himself a two and done. We have several players with NBA level potential but not many with the motor.

Duren and Minott are NBA bound. Bates might make it but so far he is a bust. Not sure he has the work ethic to last even if drafted.

Nolley probably goes to Europe. Timberlake needs a jump shot and has an outside chance on a few years.

Dont see Quinones in the NBA, certainly not anyone else on our squad for that matter. Duren and Minott will likely have really nice careers.

Nothing wrong with having a nice college experience, getting your degree and moving on.

Minott may be a better pro than Duren, tough to tell but they both have "it". Not really sure anyone else on our team does. That should be enough to lead us into the post season if the players roles were clearly defined,. Instead Penny plays "positionless" basketball which fails to take advantages of what should be his primary weapons..

It is very, very frustrating to watch.

I've yet to see anything from Duren that recommends him over Minott. Duren isn't nearly as smooth, he doesn't attack the basket like he's trying to kill it and he sure doesn't hustle nearly as much as Josh. None of which is to say he isn't NBA good and won't have a great career there.
02-02-2022 05:34 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Man, y'all are hard on the noobs.
02-02-2022 05:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.