Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Half way thru conference play. 9-0
Bookmark and Share
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
Nine games left and IMO we have a very favorable schedule based on who we have left to play and where we play. Based on this schedule I predict we finish conference play 15-3, win the conference, guarantee an NIT bid and get the #1 seed in the CAA tourney.

At Elon 3-6 W
At W&M 4-5 W
At Hostra - 5-3 L

Home
CofC 3-5 W
W&M 4-5 W
Towson 7-2 L
JMU 3-5 W

At Drexel 4-5 W
At Delaware 6-3 L
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022 10:04 PM by 82hawk.)
01-31-2022 10:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
RE: Half wat thru conference play. 9-0
(01-31-2022 10:03 PM)82hawk Wrote:  Nine games left and IMO we have a very favorable schedule based on who we have left to play and where we play. Based on this schedule I predict we finish conference play 15-3, win the conference, guarantee an NIT bid and get the #1 seed in the CAA tourney.

At Elon 3-6 W
At W&M 4-5 W
At Hostra - 5-3 L

Home
CofC 3-5 W
W&M 4-5 W
Towson 7-2 L
JMU 3-5 W

At Drexel 4-5 W
At Delaware 6-3 L

Saturday games at Kaplan make me nervous
01-31-2022 10:04 PM
Proff Offline
1st String

They all make me nervous.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
01-31-2022 10:09 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
(01-31-2022 10:03 PM)82hawk Wrote:  Nine games left and IMO we have a very favorable schedule based on who we have left to play and where we play. Based on this schedule I predict we finish conference play 15-3, win the conference, guarantee an NIT bid and get the #1 seed in the CAA tourney.

At Elon 3-6 W
At W&M 4-5 W
At Hostra - 5-3 L

Home
CofC 3-5 W
W&M 4-5 W
Towson 7-2 L
JMU 3-5 W

At Drexel 4-5 W
At Delaware 6-3 L

Well. I’m predicting we lose them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
01-31-2022 10:16 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Half way thru conference play. 9-0
Hoping for a strong road turnout at Elon

I remember taking over their old gym before they joined the CAA
01-31-2022 10:16 PM
billthebighawksfan Offline
All American

Elon will be a tough game.

Tribe away will be tough too. We match up well against Tribe you would think but they have been good at home.
01-31-2022 10:19 PM
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

(01-31-2022 10:19 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  Elon will be a tough game.

Tribe away will be tough too. We match up well against Tribe you would think but they have been good at home.

They’re another surprise to the CAA this year too. Us beating Drexel helped get them to a current slot in 5th place. Not quite the 10th place they were picked in preseason.

No team in the conference should be taken lightly, that’s for sure. Kaplan is always a tough place for the Seahawks to play.

Thankfully, they have a lot of elderly fans who don’t enjoy boorish behavior. It’s not Trask, but it’s not exactly Sunday evening supper at Grandma’s house either.

01-31-2022 10:24 PM
Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-31-2022 10:16 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Hoping for a strong road turnout at Elon

Planning on being there with my Dad.
01-31-2022 10:25 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

(01-31-2022 10:25 PM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  

Old man SN08 is a bit of a quiet, sniping heckler legend if y’all don’t know. The man will certainly give the Phoenix some hell!

01-31-2022 10:26 PM
All American

Nice Nation! Good times!!
01-31-2022 10:28 PM
Hall of Famer

(01-31-2022 10:26 PM)B_Hawk06 Wrote:  

Old man SN08 is a bit of a quiet, sniping heckler legend if y’all don’t know. The man will certainly give the Phoenix some hell!

He’s definitely been known to get rowdy. He rushed the field with the students when Rutgers football beat Louisville in the Greg Schiano days. He was in his mid 60s then, lol.
01-31-2022 10:29 PM
Advertisement

All American

(01-31-2022 10:16 PM)B_Hawk06 Wrote:  

At Elon 3-6 W
At W&M 4-5 W
At Hostra - 5-3 L

Home
CofC 3-5 W
W&M 4-5 W
Towson 7-2 L
JMU 3-5 W

At Drexel 4-5 W
At Delaware 6-3 L

Well. I’m predicting we lose them all.

Nice! I see ya working.
01-31-2022 10:54 PM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

As good as we've played, I honestly don't think this team has reached its' potential yet.

1. Okauru is finally back to doing what he does in going hard to the basket with selective shots from three. And like Siddle said, he is the fastest player i've ever seen dribbling down the court.

2. Phillips is a monster on offense but he keeps putting himself on the bench with fouls and it hurts this team. I think he's going to figure this out and balance aggressive defense to get steals and learning that reaching into a dribbler going to the bucket is going to draw a foul every time.

3. We are finally seeing what we do when we go full court, trapping pressure. Didn't do it at all for awhile, and now it's showing more and more.

Our formula for getting even better is simple. Keep Phillips out of foul trouble, keep Mike focused on driving to the bucket, keep the team focused driving to the bucket, and this will allow us to ratchet up the pressure after made baskets.

We're going to lose some games, but they'll be close. But in the second half of conference play I think it's going to all come together and we're going to put some teams away and get some 10+ point wins. We will also be getting past these crazy makeup games that have worn us down.

The best is yet to come!
02-01-2022 07:53 AM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-01-2022 07:53 AM)82hawk Wrote:  As good as we've played, I honestly don't think this team has reached its' potential yet.

1. Okauru is finally back to doing what he does in going hard to the basket with selective shots from three. And like Siddle said, he is the fastest player i've ever seen dribbling down the court.

2. Phillips is a monster on offense but he keeps putting himself on the bench with fouls and it hurts this team. I think he's going to figure this out and balance aggressive defense to get steals and learning that reaching into a dribbler going to the bucket is going to draw a foul every time.

3. We are finally seeing what we do when we go full court, trapping pressure. Didn't do it at all for awhile, and now it's showing more and more.

Our formula for getting even better is simple. Keep Phillips out of foul trouble, keep Mike focused on driving to the bucket, keep the team focused driving to the bucket, and this will allow us to ratchet up the pressure after made baskets.

We're going to lose some games, but they'll be close. But in the second half of conference play I think it's going to all come together and we're going to put some teams away and get some 10+ point wins. We will also be getting past these crazy makeup games that have worn us down.

The best is yet to come!
I agree

This team has yet to put out a full 40 minute whistle to whistle showing.

I'd love for these guys to get a good blowout in
02-01-2022 07:55 AM
Hall of Famer

My predictions rest of way:

CAA final record: 18-0

CAA Tournament: 3-0

NCAA Tournament: 6-0
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2022 08:24 AM by Seahawk Nation 08.)
02-01-2022 08:24 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-01-2022 08:24 AM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  My predictions rest of way:

CAA final record: 18-0

CAA Tournament: 3-0

NCAA Tournament: 6-0
As long as CG predicts the opposite, no reason why it can't happen 04-cheers
02-01-2022 08:30 AM
Advertisement

82hawk Offline
Heisman

Hawks' margin for error has gotten razor thin with the loss at Hofstra. We need to go at least 4-2 over the last six games and two of those wins have to be Towson and Delaware. Doesn't really matter who the other wins and losses are against since we'll have most of the tiebreaker scenarios wrapped up.

To go 4-2 and beat Towson and Delaware, we have got to stop reverting back to relying on the three. That's how the "bad" Hawk team played to start the season. Our school record winning streak was built on driving, scoring or kicking out, drawing fouls(especially in the last five minutes), then sealing the deal with 90% FT shooting.

The good news is that Okauru is back to his cocky self and looks like a first team all CAA player. The bad news is that Sims has gone 13-37 from the field, 6-20 from three and only 7-13 from the FT line in the past three games where we are 1-2. That is a really bad stat line for Sims to be successful. When he's at his best, he's going to the FT line, which means he's driving to the bucket. He had just two FT attempts against Elon and just four against Hofstra. To tell you how important FT's are for Sims, he was 11-12 against Towson and 12-16 against Delaware in two of our biggest wins in conference play. In our buzzer beater game against JMU he didn't take a single FT attempt. Sims is the PG, and he shoots the ball a lot. With so much control of our offense with the ball his hands, he has to set the tone for the team by driving. He can't be the one to lead the three point parade, that's why we lost to start the season.

Time to get a rest, get home and close this out the way we know how. We are still in contorl of our destiny with a one game lead. I fully expect coach Siddle will come up with this exact same gameplan since it's how we got here in the first place. We're either going to have one of the biggest collapses in UNCW basketball history or put an exclamation point on one of the greatest runs in UNCW basketball history these last six game.

Time to show everyone who you are Hawks'!
02-08-2022 04:21 AM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-08-2022 04:21 AM)82hawk Wrote:  Hawks' margin for error has gotten razor thin with the loss at Hofstra. We need to go at least 4-2 over the last six games and two of those wins have to be Towson and Delaware. Doesn't really matter who the other wins and losses are against since we'll have most of the tiebreaker scenarios wrapped up.

To go 4-2 and beat Towson and Delaware, we have got to stop reverting back to relying on the three. That's how the "bad" Hawk team played to start the season. Our school record winning streak was built on driving, scoring or kicking out, drawing fouls(especially in the last five minutes), then sealing the deal with 90% FT shooting.

The good news is that Okauru is back to his cocky self and looks like a first team all CAA player. The bad news is that Sims has gone 13-37 from the field, 6-20 from three and only 7-13 from the FT line in the past three games where we are 1-2. That is a really bad stat line for Sims to be successful. When he's at his best, he's going to the FT line, which means he's driving to the bucket. He had just two FT attempts against Elon and just four against Hofstra. To tell you how important FT's are for Sims, he was 11-12 against Towson and 12-16 against Delaware in two of our biggest wins in conference play. In our buzzer beater game against JMU he didn't take a single FT attempt. Sims is the PG, and he shoots the ball a lot. With so much control of our offense with the ball his hands, he has to set the tone for the team by driving. He can't be the one to lead the three point parade, that's why we lost to start the season.

Time to get a rest, get home and close this out the way we know how. We are still in contorl of our destiny with a one game lead. I fully expect coach Siddle will come up with this exact same gameplan since it's how we got here in the first place. We're either going to have one of the biggest collapses in UNCW basketball history or put an exclamation point on one of the greatest runs in UNCW basketball history these last six game.

Time to show everyone who you are Hawks'!

If we win these next 4 home games, the only way Delaware can pass us would be if we lost both the away Drexel and Delaware games and Delaware completely wins out. That would send it to tiebreakers that Delaware has a chance to win.

If we can take care of business at home starting Saturday we should win the CAA
02-08-2022 08:12 AM
bricksnivy Offline
All American

Towson just lost to Northeastern. We don't need to be perfect to win the regular season, but of course it will be tight. We just finished a horrid stretch of 11 games in 28 days. Teams are making adjustments to limit our penetration and our legs are tired. Losing 2 of 3 is disappointing, but not surprising. We positioned ourselves really well and we're in the drivers seat with 6 games to go. I like where we are.
02-08-2022 08:50 AM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I have a feeling we are going to see teams mixing in zone defense to keep us out of the paint.

It’s okay if Sims is off shooting, that’s not the problem. Everyone goes through that. The important part is getting him to recognize when he’s having an off night and to get the ball in the hands of his teammates who are scoring. He can’t just keep launching, and then trying to be the “guy” at the end. We have plenty of scorers. We know who is hot. Lately it’s been Okauru. If you don’t have it going, give it to the guys that do.

02-08-2022 09:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.