Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA Tournament Bracket
Bookmark and Share
Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: North Texas
MyBB CUSA Tournament Bracket
I'm assuming we are using the same bracket as last year, since we went with the Divisional model again. If anyone has seen anything different, let me know.

As of February 26th, 2022

First Round

West 6 UTSA
West 7 Southern Miss

East 6 Florida International
East 7 Marshall

Middle Tennessee Bracket

West 4 UTEP
East 5 Old Dominion
Winner plays East 1 Middle Tennessee

East 3 Florida Atlantic/Western Kentucky
West 6 or West 7
Winner plays West 2 UAB

North Texas Bracket

East 4 Charlotte
West 5 Rice
Winner plays West 1 North Texas

West 3 Louisiana Tech
East 6 or East 7
Winner plays East 2 Western Kentucky/ Florida Atlantic
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2022 11:01 PM by Magic95Fan.)
01-30-2022 07:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODU BBALL Online
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: CUSA Tournament Bracket
Way too early for creating any kind of meaningful bracket.
01-30-2022 07:42 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
CUSA Tournament Bracket
(01-30-2022 07:42 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  Way too early for creating any kind of meaningful bracket.

It is in the East, where it’s a quagmire top to bottom.

Out west it’s three clear tiers and looking at this bracket will show you exactly why we will want to get past UTEP for the 4W seed.

The 4W seed has a path to the semis before having to face any of the top three teams in the league.

By the same token, the 1E seed has the same reward.
01-30-2022 09:25 PM
Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

(01-30-2022 09:25 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  
(01-30-2022 07:42 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  Way too early for creating any kind of meaningful bracket.

Out west it’s three clear tiers and looking at this bracket will show you exactly why we will want to get past UTEP for the 4W seed.

The 4W seed has a path to the semis before having to face any of the top three teams in the league.

Also, a lot of the East teams had Covid cancelations at the start of the conference season and haven't played as many games. Except for USM, all of the West schools are halfway done with conference play.

The West picture is starting to take shape but the east picture is a cluster because we don't know how many of the lost games are going to get made up or if they will all play an equal amount of games.
01-30-2022 10:10 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(01-30-2022 10:10 PM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  

Also, a lot of the East teams had Covid cancelations at the start of the conference season and haven't played as many games. Except for USM, all of the West schools are halfway done with conference play.

The West picture is starting to take shape but the east picture is a cluster because we don't know how many of the lost games are going to get made up or if they will all play an equal amount of games.

UTEP at MT & UTSA at MT dates have been set and will be made up
01-30-2022 10:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

(01-30-2022 10:22 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  
(01-30-2022 10:10 PM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  

UTEP at MT & UTSA at MT dates have been set and will be made up

That's good news. Hopefully all lost games will be made up and we all play an equal amount of games.
01-30-2022 11:14 PM
Advertisement

Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

After all the Thursday Feb 3rd games... we had no movement in the standings according to the CUSA website. There are some ties in record between Charlotte and Old Dominion, and FIU and Western, but the conference website has them in order of overall record.
02-03-2022 10:48 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
We need to play the James A. Garfield High School class of Ought-Nine alumni team as a qualifier to see if we can earn a spot. My money is on the class of Ought Nine to cover.

Stink, wanna give me odds???
02-04-2022 12:05 AM
Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

Updated for the results of Feb 5th games.

Once again, no movement in the West.

Big movement in the East as FAU takes the 1 seed. Middle falls to the 2 seed.

Western also passes FIU, sending FIU into the play-in game spot with Marshall.
02-05-2022 09:33 PM
Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

After the 3 make up games on Feb 7th... we have no movement in the standings and thus no changes to the bracket.
02-07-2022 10:54 PM
Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

After FAU's win over ODU in the Tuesday night makeup game, Old Dominion and Western Kentucky swap spots in the standings. CUSA lists teams that are tied in order of overall record. For the moment, WKU also has the head to head tiebreaker courtesy of their win last week. The teams square off again on the 19th.
02-08-2022 10:40 PM
Advertisement

D1Docket Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Charlotte
I think I’d rather be the 3-seed in the East than the 2-seed, getting a warm-up game against USM/UTSA before facing one of the west’s top 3 seems like a better deal than facing one of those teams already warmed up.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2022 09:37 PM by D1Docket.)
02-09-2022 09:37 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

CUSA Tournament Bracket
(02-09-2022 09:37 PM)D1Docket Wrote:  I think I’d rather be the 3-seed in the East than the 2-seed, getting a warm-up game against USM/UTSA before facing one of the west’s top 3 seems like a better deal than facing one of those teams already warmed up.

There could be something to that in an arena like Frisco that can take some adjusting to.

Another bonus of the E3 seed (if you believe that the “big three” are all out West) is that you would only have to get past two of the big three to win. E2 could potentially have to beat all three.

At the end of the day with games on consecutive days, I’d rather have to string together 3 wins than four. E3 could have a cleaner path to the final, but IMO E2 has a better chance to win the whole thing.
#FreshLegs
02-10-2022 03:05 AM
Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

(02-10-2022 03:05 AM)owl at the moon Wrote:  
(02-09-2022 09:37 PM)D1Docket Wrote:  I think I’d rather be the 3-seed in the East than the 2-seed, getting a warm-up game against USM/UTSA before facing one of the west’s top 3 seems like a better deal than facing one of those teams already warmed up.

There could be something to that in an arena like Frisco that can take some adjusting to.

Another bonus of the E3 seed (if you believe that the “big three” are all out West) is that you would only have to get past two of the big three to win. E2 could potentially have to beat all three.

At the end of the day with games on consecutive days, I’d rather have to string together 3 wins than four. E3 could have a cleaner path to the final, but IMO E2 has a better chance to win the whole thing.
#FreshLegs

Fair points. Jockeying for position between E2 and E3 poses the question of which is the lesser evil. We can probably all agree that E1 is the primo spot in the whole tournament whereas W2 might actually be better than the W1 spot.
02-10-2022 10:07 AM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

CUSA Tournament Bracket
(02-10-2022 10:07 AM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  

#FreshLegs

Fair points. Jockeying for position between E2 and E3 poses the question of which is the lesser evil. We can probably all agree that E1 is the primo spot in the whole tournament whereas W2 might actually be better than the W1 spot.

Sounds good and we won’t be offended if you let us win on Saturday.
OTOH that would not look great on your at-large resume so caveat emptor
02-10-2022 12:55 PM
Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

(02-10-2022 12:55 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  
(02-10-2022 10:07 AM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  

#FreshLegs

Sounds good and we won’t be offended if you let us win on Saturday.
OTOH that would not look great on your at-large resume so caveat emptor

Yeah... Pretty sure the Green are gonna try real hard to win on Saturday. I think McCasland wants that one seed.
02-10-2022 04:33 PM
Advertisement

Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

There is a change at the top in the East again as Middle Tennessee reclaims the 1E Seed from Florida Atlantic.

Several teams have now played their 12th conference game, meaning they are down to their final 6 games.

UTSA is one of them and is now in danger of being locked into the West play-in game. That is almost a certainty now barring them winning out and hoping Rice can't win more than 2 the rest of the way.
02-10-2022 10:57 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

CUSA Tournament Bracket
(02-10-2022 10:57 PM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  There is a change at the top in the East again as Middle Tennessee reclaims the 1E Seed from Florida Atlantic.

Several teams have now played their 12th conference game, meaning they are down to their final 6 games.

UTSA is one of them and is now in danger of being locked into the West play-in game. That is almost a certainty now barring them winning out and hoping Rice can't win more than 2 the rest of the way.

Rice has a tough schedule to finish, and with Olivari out for Rice you probably shouldn’t count out the Road Runners just yet. Rice plays the “big three”, and goes on the road to UTEP and FIU and will be underdogs in all 5. The home game vs USM is really the only easy one left. Rice also plays at SA. The harder ask, of course, would be for UTSA to get hot and win out. They could go 5-1 and rice 1-6 would be their most likely path. In spite of all that Rice still has a path to the 4 spot which IMO is a little more likely than them falling to 6
02-11-2022 08:11 AM
Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

After the Feb 13th games, there is only one change. Western moves into the E3 spot and Charlotte falls to E4.

Some teams are down to just 5 games left before the Tourney. We are getting down to the nitty gritty.
02-13-2022 11:34 PM
GregK24 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ODU, Oregon, Clemson
The C-USA Men's and Women's bracket does not make sense to me because of the divisions. Judy Macleod has ****** everything up, that she decided that there should be an East and a West Division. If I was commissioner I would have an East vs West bracket. The winner of the East faces the winner of the West in the C-USA Championship. That is how I see it.
02-14-2022 12:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.