Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Miami at EMU Saturday at 3pm
Bookmark and Share
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
Miami at EMU Saturday at 3pm
Hopefully we play with a full roster this Saturday. Another must win situation because we could lose the next five games.

I’m hoping Coach Heath only plays the personnel as follows:

Pg = Luka
Sg = Noah
Sf = Monty
PF = Golson
PF = Mo

Subs:

Jihad for Mo/Golson
N . Scott for Mo / Golson
Spottsville for Golson, Monty
McBride for Luka / Noah
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022 09:51 PM by Luckeyone.)
01-26-2022 09:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Miggy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Eastern Michigan and Tem
RE: Miami at EMU Saturday at 3pm
(01-26-2022 09:50 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  Hopefully we play with a full roster this Saturday. Another must win situation because we could lose the next five games.

I’m hoping Coach Heath only plays the personnel as follows:

Pg = Luka
Sg = Noah
Sf = Monty
PF = Golson
PF = Mo

Subs:

Jihad for Mo/Golson
N . Scott for Mo / Golson
Spottsville for Golson, Monty
McBride for Luka / Noah

I like Noah, Monty, Golson, NScott, and Mo starting. Coming off the bench-McBride, Spottsville, Luka, Jihad and Ballard. Heath will not go with either of our starting line-ups.

It
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022 06:49 AM by Miggy.)
01-27-2022 04:20 AM
Miggy Offline
1st String

EMU lost to BG because EMU did not force BG turnovers, didn’t rebound, . and excessively fouled. Those deficiencies are correctable.those problems must be addressed.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022 06:54 AM by Miggy.)
01-27-2022 06:53 AM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

Hopefully we have a full roster on Saturday. Our two biggest issues against BG were 1) giving up ungodly amount of offensive rebounds and 2) committing too many TOs.

I hope the team conducted some rebounding drills!!

EMU will find a way to win this game.
01-27-2022 03:56 PM
Miggy Offline
1st String

(01-27-2022 03:56 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  Hopefully we have a full roster on Saturday. Our two biggest issues against BG were 1) giving up ungodly amount of offensive rebounds and 2) committing too many TOs.

Believe EMU committed only 11 turnovers (NcBride 3x Nije three). Problem was EMU not forcing BG turnovers, and EMU excessive fouling that allowed BG to take 30 plus foul-shots.

Can’t get defensive rebounds when Heat has bigs play above foul-line on defense. Heath not trying to force opponent turnovers. How Heath utilizes players in large part determine wHether EMU wins or loses games.

Don’t like that Heath doesn’t try to interrupt opponents offense
when he has players who can do so. If he played a pressure defense wouldn’t mind a deeper rotation to keep players fresh.

When he pressured the ball when EMU down points it works. Also would work when EMU up points. Don’t think he realizes that. When you see Monty not making steals something very wrong with defense.

Ballard not a good defensive player, but would like to see if he can shoot 5-10 on fga’s, and -make a few three’s. That would really help EMU’s offense if he can do that.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022 06:16 PM by Miggy.)
01-27-2022 06:07 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(01-27-2022 03:56 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  Hopefully we have a full roster on Saturday. Our two biggest issues against BG were 1) giving up ungodly amount of offensive rebounds and 2) committing too many TOs.

Lucky I thought we came out against BG flatter than a pancake. The "fresh off the Covid list" Monty set the tone, he played with zero spring in his step and the rest of the team replicated that effort. We did not get killed on the glass because we were not long enough, heck we played three bigs for the same time for first time this year. We lost those rebounds due to being just plain slow to the ball. All teams can have such games, let's just hope this was an anomaly and not a trend.
01-27-2022 06:30 PM
Advertisement

Miggy Offline
1st String

In it’s last game, Ball State beat MOH 81-64. Beating MOH is a must win on Saturday. Failing to do so will place EMU far behind the eight-ball in attaining the goal of being included in the MAC tournament.

Even with a win over MOH, EMU’s path to the MAC Tournament is tough one as EMU will need to rack up wins over it’s next five games some of the MAC’s best teams.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022 11:07 PM by Miggy.)
01-27-2022 09:15 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

Honestly, I gave up on any MAC tourney chances this year when we lost the Ball St, NIU and Kent St games. None of those teams are all that great, the only conference wins we have are against our in-state rivals. Stan is playing the rest of the season for 2022-23.

While this may sound fatalistic, I have been extremely encouraged by the improvements I have seen from Njie and Golson. Noah is tremendous, unfortunately the rest of the league has figured that out and adjusted their defensive strategy.

I will hate to lose the Scotts, but Spottsville, Okongo and Occasional Binelli will hardly decimate our roster for next season.
01-28-2022 07:39 PM
EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's Offline
1st String

I Root For: E MICH
(01-28-2022 07:39 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  Honestly, I gave up on any MAC tourney chances this year when we lost the Ball St, NIU and Kent St games. None of those teams are all that great, the only conference wins we have are against our in-state rivals. Stan is playing the rest of the season for 2022-23.

While this may sound fatalistic, I have been extremely encouraged by the improvements I have seen from Njie and Golson. Noah is tremendous, unfortunately the rest of the league has figured that out and adjusted their defensive strategy.

I will hate to lose the Scotts, but Spottsville, Okongo and Occasional Binelli will hardly decimate our roster for next season.
Jerry, great post! I definitely agree losing to those three schools speaks volumes about this team! Watching Toledo and Ohio U tonight vs Akron and Buffalo! We're not in the same class currently!
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022 08:17 PM by EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's.)
01-28-2022 08:16 PM
Miggy Offline
1st String

(01-28-2022 08:16 PM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  
(01-28-2022 07:39 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  Honestly, I gave up on any MAC tourney chances this year when we lost the Ball St, NIU and Kent St games. None of those teams are all that great, the only conference wins we have are against our in-state rivals. Stan is playing the rest of the season for 2022-23.

Jerry, great post! I definitely agree losing to those three schools speaks volumes about this team! Watching Toledo and Ohio U tonight vs Akron and Buffalo! We're not in the same class currently!

How quickly some fans forget how well EMU played against Oakland, Indiana, illioniis State, FIU. and won 5 of it’s last 7 non-conference games, and should have won more.

Covid and injuries disrupted EMU’s ability to play well in some conference games. Team is struggling to re-group. Outcome of tomorrow’s game should be telling. Still have 13 more conference games to play. EMU plays easier games at end of conference play. No reason to throw in towel yet.

Fans seem to forget that EMU is no longer doing things well as it once did. Time to right the ship.

Toledo and Ohio would not have out-scored Indiana in a half by 11-points as EMU did. rMU beat Oakland. Toledo lost to Oakland by 21-points. All I’m saying is that EMU has shown the potential to be a very good team and compete with any MAC team when healthy and they play as they should.

EMU still has the third highest two point shooting percentage in conference play.

Heath has to play players in right the right positions as Golson should not be a PF, have players pressure the ball, force opponent turnovers, defend the 3-point line, not play bigs far the rim, and teach players to play defense aggressively without fouling. He needs to do the above as such brings out the strength of his players skill-sets

Not doing so results in losing bb, and will not likely change no matter who’s recruited or returns.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2022 12:29 AM by Miggy.)
01-28-2022 11:59 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

Miami returned all of their starters from last season. We win this game if:

1) Less TOS than Miami, 2) More rebounds than Miami

I hope we don’t give Mo the ball 15 feet from basket unless it’s at the top of the key for ball reversal. Time for Luka to emerge.

Let’s go Eagles!
01-29-2022 07:53 AM
Advertisement

RamyEMU Offline
All American

Great posts everyone. I have been a bit hard on the Team and Coach Heath as of late- perhaps unfairly in general but especially given everyone is recovering from COVID.

This game is the closest thing to a should win that EMU will have until NIU visits on 2/22. So this is absolutely a must win or the season is likely over given EMU is in a hole with their 2-5 record.

This won’t be an easy game, but I think EMU will win it. (Actually, I am predicting players will come out with energy after the weak performance against Bowling Green, build up a huge lead, and then let it slip away, but hang on in the end with a narrow win).
01-29-2022 02:41 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(01-29-2022 02:41 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  Great posts everyone. I have been a bit hard on the Team and Coach Heath as of late- perhaps unfairly in general but especially given everyone is recovering from COVID.

This game is the closest thing to a should win that EMU will have until NIU visits on 2/22. So this is absolutely a must win or the season is likely over given EMU is in a hole with their 2-5 record.

This won’t be an easy game, but I think EMU will win it. (Actually, I am predicting players will come out with energy after the weak performance against Bowling Green, build up a huge lead, and then let it slip away, but hang on in the end with a narrow win).

so far you are spot on...
01-29-2022 03:33 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

Safe to say that we go as Noah goes. Glad he’s back and doing well.
01-29-2022 03:47 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(01-29-2022 03:33 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(01-29-2022 02:41 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  Great posts everyone. I have been a bit hard on the Team and Coach Heath as of late- perhaps unfairly in general but especially given everyone is recovering from COVID.

I should mention that in the last week, I've seen the Bills lose a lead in 13 seconds.

Howard had a 26 point first half lead Monday and lost on a stolen in bounds pass in the last 10 seconds.

The Wizards blew a 35 point first half lead and lost on a 4-point play with 2 seconds to play...

And non-sports crazy, Biden goes to Pittsburgh to talk infrastructure and before he arrives a bridge collapses.

And EMU shoots the trey like they are shooting in pre-game warmups.

Can't make this stuff up.

NO guarantees on this game. 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2022 03:50 PM by emu steve.)
01-29-2022 03:49 PM
Miggy Offline
1st String

GreT half. Noah and N.Scott on fire. N.Scott changed his three-point shooting form a fews ago. Few turnovers. MOH hasn’t been to foul line.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2022 03:51 PM by Miggy.)
01-29-2022 03:49 PM
Advertisement

RamyEMU Offline
All American

27 point half time lead for EMU 55-28. Noah is back in more ways than one. He has 18 points and 5 assists while only missing one of his slots. But great scott, Nate Scott is actually leading the way with 19 points in place of Golson who is out.

Regardless of what happens in the second, EMU really needed to have a half like this!!!
01-29-2022 03:50 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

(01-29-2022 03:49 PM)Miggy Wrote:  GreT half. Noah and N.Scott on fire. N.Scott changed his three-point shooting form a fews ago. Few turnovers. MOH hasn’t been to foul line.

Not true on both accounts…
Njie put one of their bigs to the foul line on a shot, but he missed both.
And Noah and NScott are something way beyond “on fire”… haha
01-29-2022 03:54 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

(01-29-2022 03:49 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(01-29-2022 03:33 PM)emu steve Wrote:  

I should mention that in the last week, I've seen the Bills lose a lead in 13 seconds.

Howard had a 26 point first half lead Monday and lost on a stolen in bounds pass in the last 10 seconds.

The Wizards blew a 35 point first half lead and lost on a 4-point play with 2 seconds to play...

And non-sports crazy, Biden goes to Pittsburgh to talk infrastructure and before he arrives a bridge collapses.

And EMU shoots the trey like they are shooting in pre-game warmups.

Can't make this stuff up.

NO guarantees on this game. 03-lmfao

Definitely no guarantees. I predicted EMU would fall apart after a strong start. But 27 points is hard to completely lose.
01-29-2022 03:55 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

(01-29-2022 03:47 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  Safe to say that we go as Noah goes. Glad he’s back and doing well.

Radio guys were saying we are 0-4 without him. And average scoring margin without him is a deficit of 16, while only 0.6 with him.
01-29-2022 03:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.