Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Future Belt schools likely not leaving early
Bookmark and Share
All4One Offline
Banned

I Root For: Genuine & Unprivileged
Future Belt schools likely not leaving early
Unfortunately.

And for some reason all the Belch fans are blaming Conference USA for it even though we, according to them, "don't have a leg to stand on."
01-25-2022 03:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
RE: Future Belt schools likely not leaving early
(01-25-2022 03:09 PM)All4One Wrote:  Unfortunately.

And for some reason all the Belch fans are blaming Conference USA for it even though we, according to them, "don't have a leg to stand on."

Source.
01-25-2022 03:10 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(01-25-2022 03:10 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  

Source.

The SBC board.
01-25-2022 03:23 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I actually like the idea of them leaving to avoid a full lame duck season since an 11 team conference could function fine for 1 year.

Normally it costs more to leave a conference early so maybe that has something to do with it.

I thought we wouldn't hear about the decision until tomorrow's SBC meeting on the subject.
01-25-2022 03:29 PM
inutech Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

This is great news. Why unfortunately?

(01-25-2022 03:23 PM)gdunn Wrote:  

Source.

The SBC board.

I'll have to take your word for it, I'm not trying to mess around on a sunbelt message board. You can catch something that way.

(01-25-2022 03:29 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  I actually like the idea of them leaving to avoid a full lame duck season since an 11 team conference could function fine for 1 year.

Really? Why?

It's better that they stay as long as possible. The 14 team version isn't great but it's better than an 11 team version (for scheduling if nothing else). And better than the 9 team version (except for scheduling and basketball).

Less travel with the 14 team version.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2022 03:36 PM by inutech.)
01-25-2022 03:36 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(01-25-2022 03:36 PM)inutech Wrote:  

Source.

The SBC board.

I'll have to take your word for it, I'm not trying to mess around on a sunbelt message board. You can catch something that way.
Like a good time? 03-lmfao

One of the posters over there stated that he talked to an admin and it sounded like nothing was gonna happen. Now with all the folks at this meeting who knows what's really happening.. I've said it a few times, we're here until July 1, 2023 until we're not.

Know that you've earned my respect as a poster, and you're more than welcome to come to my house for a glass of whiskey or a beer if you're ever in town. One day I may would let you eat dinner with us 03-lmfao
01-25-2022 03:47 PM
Advertisement

inutech Offline
All American

(01-25-2022 03:47 PM)gdunn Wrote:  

Source.

The SBC board.

Like a good time? 03-lmfao

One of the posters over there stated that he talked to an admin and it sounded like nothing was gonna happen. Now with all the folks at this meeting who knows what's really happening.. I've said it a few times, we're here until July 1, 2023 until we're not.

Know that you've earned my respect as a poster, and you're more than welcome to come to my house for a glass of whiskey or a beer if you're ever in town. One day I may would let you eat dinner with us 03-lmfao

04-cheers
01-25-2022 04:24 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Online
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
If it was to their advantage and they could figure out a way-- they would would leave this summer.

It is NOT C-USA's "fault".
01-25-2022 05:04 PM
RustonBulldog Offline
2nd String

I Root For: LA Tech
“That idiot Judy waited until the week before, too little too late. We are already gone in July. She should’ve released this months ago. You only do this when the ink is dry and it’s to save face.”

- Sun Belt board two days ago

“That idiot Judy, now she wants a bunch of lame ducks for the final year of the conference. Terrible leadership.”

- Sun Belt board today

Those clowns hold so much resentment. They did a good job passing C-USA in football but they have such a little mindset. Judy is a clown but good lord, she’s damned if she did, damned if she didn’t based on their perspective. All you can do is work with the pieces in front of you. In reality she played this one well and got ahead of them meeting before the Sun Belt started intentionally leaking things to build public pressure (Which is exactly what they did last go round). I truly don’t believe ODU and Marshall’s administration wanted to bolt but the public pressure hit a boiling point and C-USA turned into the laughing stock of the world.

The Sun Belt played a nice political game last round, but it looks like Judy got ‘em this time.
01-26-2022 08:35 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(01-25-2022 05:04 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  If it was to their advantage and they could figure out a way-- they would would leave this summer.

It is NOT C-USA's "fault".

To be honest, we don't know what's going on.

Up until last week the chatter was all the incoming universities would be represented at the meetings today and yesterday, with a vote to allow the schools to come in starting in July. Today would be a meeting regarding scheduling.

Yesterday a poster stated he talked to an admin at his respective university and said it didn't look good.

One thing for sure is JMU is probably going to be in the SBC next season with the CAA releasing a new map and logos for next season and JMU was missing from both.

I know leaving early causes issues all the way around but it is unknown what the procedure is, what's the financial aspects of it, etc.

And yes, people are blaming Judy. Since November/December this has been reported and CUSA has been silent until 6 days ago. Whether it was to assure everyone that no matter who's leaving they won't be penalized and not eligible to compete for conference titles. Maybe the office is being on the ball and not leaking anything or showing their hand.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what today brings.
01-26-2022 08:50 AM
All4One Offline
Banned

(01-26-2022 08:35 AM)RustonBulldog Wrote:  “That idiot Judy waited until the week before, too little too late. We are already gone in July. She should’ve released this months ago. You only do this when the ink is dry and it’s to save face.”

- Sun Belt board two days ago

“That idiot Judy, now she wants a bunch of lame ducks for the final year of the conference. Terrible leadership.”

- Sun Belt board today

Those clowns hold so much resentment. They did a good job passing C-USA in football but they have such a little mindset. Judy is a clown but good lord, she’s damned if she did, damned if she didn’t based on their perspective. All you can do is work with the pieces in front of you. In reality she played this one well and got ahead of them meeting before the Sun Belt started intentionally leaking things to build public pressure (Which is exactly what they did last go round). I truly don’t believe ODU and Marshall’s administration wanted to bolt but the public pressure hit a boiling point and C-USA turned into the laughing stock of the world.

The Sun Belt played a nice political game last round, but it looks like Judy got ‘em this time.

I'm trying to figure out where this "week before" bs came from that Belch boy was talking about.
01-26-2022 10:50 AM
Advertisement

MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

Source.

The SBC board.

(01-25-2022 03:29 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  I actually like the idea of them leaving to avoid a full lame duck season since an 11 team conference could function fine for 1 year.

Really? Why?

It's better that they stay as long as possible. The 14 team version isn't great but it's better than an 11 team version (for scheduling if nothing else). And better than the 9 team version (except for scheduling and basketball).

Less travel with the 14 team version.
You keep saying less travel for the one year affected. The only close school to La Tech that would be leaving for the coming season is USM. That's it. If travel is more costly it will be because the price of gas has gone up.
01-26-2022 11:08 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(01-26-2022 10:50 AM)All4One Wrote:  [

I'm trying to figure out where this "week before" bs came from that Belch boy was talking about.
I'm sorry.. You must be talking about me.. Ummm on January 20th, CUSA sent out a statement about expecting all teams to be in CUSA until 2023. It was posted here and on the BELT board. Obviously you saw it, that was the only thing that has been mentioned publicly by CUSA since this started.
01-26-2022 11:38 AM
inutech Offline
All American

You keep saying less travel for the one year affected. The only close school to La Tech that would be leaving for the coming season is USM. That's it. If travel is more costly it will be because the price of gas has gone up.
[/quote]

We'll all have to play more of what would currently be cross-divisional games, right?

Y'all will have to play some other eastern team to replace the trip to ODU, that's probably a wash. But maybe FIU has to travel to El Paso (someone will have to take the place of USM on your schedule). That's worse for them, right?

The (only?) advantage to the giant 14 team conference was that all but 2 games were within the division (and one of the cross-divisional games would be at home each year). In an 11 team league, you could (and probably should) try to emphasize geography, but someone is going to have more travel.

Do you think an 11 team league is better than a 14 team league?
01-26-2022 11:40 AM
chuckk3 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: LaTech
(01-25-2022 05:04 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  It is NOT C-USA's "fault".

Nope it's LaTech's fault. It's ALWAYS LaTech's fault. After all, according to the poster, it's our "modus operandi"!

I'll hand it to 'em, though. The SBC thread lasted ALMOST 2 WHOLE HOURS and 14 whopping posts before someone blamed Tech. That's gotta be a world record.

03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022 12:12 PM by chuckk3.)
01-26-2022 12:07 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(01-26-2022 12:07 PM)chuckk3 Wrote:  

Nope it's LaTech's fault. It's ALWAYS LaTech's fault, because it's our "modus operandi"!

I'll hand it to 'em, though. The SBC thread lasted ALMOST 2 WHOLE HOURS and 14 whopping posts before someone blamed Tech. That's gotta be a world record.

03-lmfao
Some of you Tech fans are a weird lot.

"SBC is beneath us."
"SBC sucks"

*spends a ton of time lurking on the SBC boards*
01-26-2022 12:12 PM
Advertisement

All4One Offline
Banned

(01-26-2022 11:40 AM)inutech Wrote:  
(01-26-2022 11:08 AM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  You keep saying less travel for the one year affected. The only close school to La Tech that would be leaving for the coming season is USM. That's it. If travel is more costly it will be because the price of gas has gone up.

We'll all have to play more of what would currently be cross-divisional games, right?

Y'all will have to play some other eastern team to replace the trip to ODU, that's probably a wash. But maybe FIU has to travel to El Paso (someone will have to take the place of USM on your schedule). That's worse for them, right?

The (only?) advantage to the giant 14 team conference was that all but 2 games were within the division (and one of the cross-divisional games would be at home each year). In an 11 team league, you could (and probably should) try to emphasize geography, but someone is going to have more travel.

Do you think an 11 team league is better than a 14 team league?

Not necessarily.

In an 11-team conference it would be split in a 6/5 conference where 6 teams are in one division and 5 in the other with the following conference schedule breakdown:

6-Team Division:
--3 Home/2 Away in Division AND
--1 Home/2 Away Cross-Divisional

OR

--2 Home/3 Away in Division AND
--2 Home/1 Away Cross-Divisional

5-Team Division:
--2 Home/2 Away in Division AND
--2 Home/2 Away Cross-Divisional

The 5-team Division plays one more cross-divisional game, but they all have one less inner-division game, so it balances out. The cross-divsional games would likely be favored geographically with one far relative to the traveling school and one closer.

For example, it would be more likely that FIU had away trips to UAB and North Texas while MTSU might have Louisiana Tech and UTEP.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022 12:24 PM by All4One.)
01-26-2022 12:14 PM
chuckk3 Offline
Special Teams

(01-26-2022 12:12 PM)gdunn Wrote:  

Nope it's LaTech's fault. It's ALWAYS LaTech's fault, because it's our "modus operandi"!

03-lmfao

"SBC is beneath us."
"SBC sucks"

1. You're attributing quotes to ME that I've never, ever, said. Please, do a search on my name. I've been on this board since 2003, i think...almost 20 years. You won't find a single negative thing I've ever posted about the SBC.

2. You said the source was the SBC board, so I wanted to read it. If I'm not welcome there, fine, I'll make sure to not go back. But please make that clear before you reference the SBC board as a source.
01-26-2022 12:21 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(01-26-2022 12:21 PM)chuckk3 Wrote:  

03-lmfao

"SBC is beneath us."
"SBC sucks"

1. You're attributing quotes to ME that I've never, ever, said. Please, do a search on my name. I've been on this board since 2003, i think...almost 20 years. You won't find a single negative thing I've ever posted about the SBC.

2. You said the source was the SBC board, so I wanted to read it. If I'm not welcome there, fine, I'll make sure to not go back. But please make that clear before you reference the SBC board as a source.

You know what Chuck. You're right. I don't recall you saying any of those things and I did reference that.

I lumped you in with some of the other ones. Please accept my apology.
01-26-2022 12:27 PM
chuckk3 Offline
Special Teams

(01-26-2022 12:27 PM)gdunn Wrote:  
(01-26-2022 12:21 PM)chuckk3 Wrote:  

03-lmfao

"SBC is beneath us."
"SBC sucks"

You know what Chuck. You're right. I don't recall you saying any of those things and I did reference that.

I lumped you in with some of the other ones. Please accept my apology.

No problem. For the record, I've been a fan of USM forever. It really bothers me a lot when i see fans from our 2 schools go at each other. This is juvenile stuff.
01-26-2022 12:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.