Open TigerLinks

What was the ?
Bookmark and Share
Tiger65 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis (only)

Crappies
What was the ?
"The question wasn't about their record. It wasn't about their play. It was going to his confidence as a head coach." from ESPN

I think anyone with any objective view may agree with Jay.
01-23-2022 11:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

former guest Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
RE: What was the ?
Yep. That’s not the way to ask a question in a post-game presser. That is nothing more than a chickenshit way to ambush a coach with an agenda-based question. Would he have asked it the same way in a sit-down, one-on-one interview? Not without getting his pencil shoved up his nose….
01-23-2022 01:49 PM
CUSA_NEWS Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Ligers
"If I had my full roster, like THEY (ECU) did...."

Meanwhile, ECU was down like 30-4 to attest the game against Houston and Auburn who has virtually the same missed games south their players while also playing freshmen, will likely be ranked #1 after beating Kentucky this weekend.....

Valid question. Memphis was taller, bigger, and had veterans who coach has coached since high school to compliment the super freshmen, primarily 5 star C and Minott who played well on national stage in the Iverson Classic alongside top recruits nationally.

Questioning coaching and coaching philosophy is valid. Someone has to ask the tough questions especially when the teams shortcomings (turnovers, e.t.c) year after year isn't addressed and corrected....

Auburn and Memphis:
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022 02:04 PM by CUSA_NEWS.)
01-23-2022 02:01 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(01-23-2022 02:01 PM)CUSA_NEWS Wrote:  "If I had my full roster, like THEY (ECU) did...."

Meanwhile, ECU was down like 30-4 to attest the game against Houston and Auburn who has virtually the same missed games south their players while also playing freshmen, will likely be ranked #1 after beating Kentucky this weekend.....

Valid question. Memphis was taller, bigger, and had veterans who coach has coached since high school to compliment the super freshmen, primarily 5 star C and Minott who played well on national stage in the Iverson Classic alongside top recruits nationally.

Questioning coaching and coaching philosophy is valid. Someone has to ask the tough questions especially when the teams shortcomings (turnovers, e.t.c) year after year isn't addressed and corrected....

Auburn and Memphis:

We will have 21 after today from our top 7 guys in minutes played per game.

And 14 from our top 4 scorers.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022 02:29 PM by macgar32.)
01-23-2022 02:26 PM
CUSA_NEWS Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Ligers
Big bad ECU.... was down 30-4 in the 1st half to Houston. East players are not freshmen anymore. Vets just like Houston's players....

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022 02:41 PM by CUSA_NEWS.)
01-23-2022 02:40 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(01-23-2022 02:40 PM)CUSA_NEWS Wrote:  Big bad ECU.... was down 30-4 in the 1st half to Houston. East players are not freshmen anymore. Vets just like Houston's players....

What was the score @ Tulsa...
01-23-2022 10:10 PM
Advertisement

Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
(01-23-2022 02:26 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(01-23-2022 02:01 PM)CUSA_NEWS Wrote:  "If I had my full roster, like THEY (ECU) did...."

Auburn and Memphis:

We will have 21 after today from our top 7 guys in minutes played per game.

And 14 from our top 4 scorers.

I guess it can be chopped up however they want it, but the following have missed games

Williams 6
Duren 3
Bates 3
Nolley 3
Lomax 5
Timberlake 2
Dandridge 1
Hardaway 3
I won’t even include Lawson who has missed like 12

We’ve played 18. Harris, Minott and Lester have played in all

We’ve had several games missing three or more rotation players. You can find other schools that have on while missing kids but overall it doesn’t seem arguable that it has been a big deal here

Next game. East Carolina. Get healthy. Would be nice to get Nolley and Williams up to speed against them
01-23-2022 10:24 PM
AtlTigerfan Offline
1st String

(01-23-2022 10:10 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(01-23-2022 02:40 PM)CUSA_NEWS Wrote:  Big bad ECU.... was down 30-4 in the 1st half to Houston. East players are not freshmen anymore. Vets just like Houston's players....

What was the score @ Tulsa...

Let me guess. 66-64 Houston.
01-23-2022 10:26 PM
SeñorTiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers
Injuries or not. This team is simply all over the map. It is not just in streaks of games but we see it their up and downs in almost every game. They play like a top 10 team for a stretch and they play like jr high team for a stretch. They get huge leads and then blow them. Today we saw the opposite. They played poorly for the first half and then played really well in the second half. It is what it is at this point in the season and it is unlikely to change.
01-23-2022 11:47 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

Auburn and Memphis:

Interesting if you look at the updated list...

You mention Houston being totally devastated by injuries. They will be over the long haul because two of their starters are out for the year. SO FAR, their top 8 have missed 22 games. You mention that it is only excuses and it is Lomax' fault for our performance. Our top 8 have missed 20 games. So one team is completely devastated, and the other is all excuses and Lomax.

Maryland's top 8 have also missed 20 games, same as us. Their top 7 have missed TWO games. Their 8th top scorer has missed 18 games.

Boise's top 8 have missed 21 games. Their top 4 scorers have missed a combined ONE game. Their 5th top scorer has missed 11, and their 8th top scorer has missed 9.

Texas Tech has had 17 missed games from their top 8. Their top scorer missed 10 games (but he is back). Their next top 7 scorers have missed a combined 7 games.

Ohio State has had 19 missed games from their top 8. Their top 6 has missed a grand total of TWO games, their 7th and 8th scorers have missed 17 games.

CONFUSED_NEWS, as confused as ever, demolishing his own argument. GREAT job buddy, you went through all that to prove that your argument makes no sense. 01-wingedeagle03-lmfao
01-24-2022 07:57 AM
Marc Mensa Online
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
One of these years, we’ll get it ALL together & make the NCAA tournament.
01-24-2022 08:08 AM
Advertisement

Unionman76 Offline
Heisman

13 different starting lineups in 18 games
01-24-2022 11:24 AM
Stammers Offline
Legend

(01-24-2022 11:24 AM)Unionman76 Wrote:  13 different starting lineups in 18 games

The only player we can't do without is Williams.
01-24-2022 11:35 AM
Keeper Offline
All American

Penny may never win a game against Sampson in his career. Considering Houston will be P5 in a couple of years.
01-24-2022 03:48 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

(01-24-2022 03:48 PM)Keeper Wrote:  Penny may never win a game against Sampson in his career. Considering Houston will be P5 in a couple of years.

Except that he already has.
01-24-2022 05:36 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(01-24-2022 05:36 PM)Stammers Wrote:  
(01-24-2022 03:48 PM)Keeper Wrote:  Penny may never win a game against Sampson in his career. Considering Houston will be P5 in a couple of years.

Except that he already has.

It was that night at the forum when keeper almost got his butt kicked by Homefry.
01-24-2022 08:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

You know it was SMU right?
01-24-2022 08:20 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Auburn and Memphis:

And Houston's top two guards are out for the season.
01-25-2022 10:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gotohellolemiss Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Auburn and Memphis:

Except the quote about having a full roster was after the SMU game, so whatever ECU did seems completely off point.
01-26-2022 01:47 AM
Cletus Offline
Hall of Famer

What was Houston's excuse last season when ECU beat them 82-73?

Wed, Feb 3, 2021
@
East Carolina

Score 82-73 15-2 (10-2) Jarreau 25 Gorham 11 Jarreau 5

It can even happen to teams that go to the Final 4 ..............
01-26-2022 04:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.