Open TigerLinks

When we start winning...
Bookmark and Share
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
When we start winning...
... will all you Penny haters come back and admit you were wrong? Maybe it won't happen but we have seen glimpses of a great team.

It seems there is a point when teams break through and finally come together. That was the Alabama game. But injuries have hampered our progress. I think it's like the timing of a golf swing. You may golf for years but lay off a couple months and it takes a bit to get that timing back.

Again I could be wrong but I expect a surprise ending to this season. And I mean a good surprise.
01-23-2022 11:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GoDownSwinging Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
RE: When we start winning...
(01-23-2022 11:32 AM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  ... will all you Penny haters come back and admit you were wrong? Maybe it won't happen but we have seen glimpses of a great team.

It seems there is a point when teams break through and finally come together. That was the Alabama game. But injuries have hampered our progress. I think it's like the timing of a golf swing. You may golf for years but lay off a couple months and it takes a bit to get that timing back.

Again I could be wrong but I expect a surprise ending to this season. And I mean a good surprise.

"Your are what your record says you are." - Bill Parcells
01-23-2022 11:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rufus T. Firefly Online
1st String

[quote='Hernando Hills Tiger' pid='18028239' dateline='1642955576']
... will all you Penny haters come back and admit you were wrong? Maybe it won't happen but we have seen glimpses of a great team.

[/quote
I hope you're right. It seems like every year is a repeat of the previous one. Team weaknesses never improve. Rotation issues stay the same. True point guard never recruited. As you feel things may change, I am sorry to say I don't.feel that way.and we are entitled to our opinion. I just hate watching other teams with other coaches completely turn around a program within one, maybe 2 years. Where I once thought the program would fall apart if Penny left , I don't think that is the case now. I think a quality coach can come in and win and win big.
01-23-2022 11:49 AM
former guest Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
I'm not a Penny hater. But I am so disappointed in the job he is doing with an abundance of talent. I wish that "the light would come on" for him, and the players, to the point that the roll gets going for the team. It would just feed on itself from there.

I will say this - it's probably good that I don't make it to games in person. If I yelled out in person what I yell at the TV at home, there would probably be some players family members looking to kick my ass for talking that way about their kid.... 03-pissed
01-23-2022 12:08 PM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
The true Penny haters are very few in number. According to the OP, it seems anyone dissatisfied with Penny’s performance as a coach is now a hater.
01-23-2022 12:15 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(01-23-2022 11:49 AM)Rufus T. Firefly Wrote:  [quote='Hernando Hills Tiger' pid='18028239' dateline='1642955576']

[/quote
I hope you're right. It seems like every year is a repeat of the previous one. Team weaknesses never improve. Rotation issues stay the same. True point guard never recruited. As you feel things may change, I am sorry to say I don't.feel that way.and we are entitled to our opinion. I just hate watching other teams with other coaches completely turn around a program within one, maybe 2 years. Where I once thought the program would fall apart if Penny left , I don't think that is the case now. I think a quality coach can come in and win and win big.

This^
01-23-2022 12:53 PM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(01-23-2022 12:08 PM)former guest Wrote:  I'm not a Penny hater. But I am so disappointed in the job he is doing with an abundance of talent. I wish that "the light would come on" for him, and the players, to the point that the roll gets going for the team. It would just feed on itself from there.

I will say this - it's probably good that I don't make it to games in person. If I yelled out in person what I yell at the TV at home, there would probably be some players family members looking to kick my ass for talking that way about their kid.... 03-pissed

You and my girlfriend would get along well. Her normally reserved personality disappears when the Tigers play. Her language even shocks me sometimes. I know the neighbors behind us get an earful, it's probably why they look at me funny.
01-23-2022 12:55 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(01-23-2022 12:15 PM)tiger1016 Wrote:  The true Penny haters are very few in number. According to the OP, it seems anyone dissatisfied with Penny’s performance as a coach is now a hater.

Agree with that part. IMO the OP is just being a supporter. Anyone who thinks the criticisms being thrown at Penny are because someone hates him needs to rethink their position. It's OK to ask questions and express concerns.
01-23-2022 12:57 PM
former guest Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
(01-23-2022 12:55 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
(01-23-2022 12:08 PM)former guest Wrote:  I'm not a Penny hater. But I am so disappointed in the job he is doing with an abundance of talent. I wish that "the light would come on" for him, and the players, to the point that the roll gets going for the team. It would just feed on itself from there.

You and my girlfriend would get along well. Her normally reserved personality disappears when the Tigers play. Her language even shocks me sometimes. I know the neighbors behind us get an earful, it's probably why they look at me funny.

Yeah, my wife sits on the couch for a while, and then asks me why I even watch. Eventually, she leaves and goes upstairs to watch something else. Then I REALLY cut loose! 03-lmfao
01-23-2022 01:41 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(01-23-2022 11:32 AM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  ... will all you Penny haters come back and admit you were wrong? Maybe it won't happen but we have seen glimpses of a great team.

Team definitely has the talent to win every game left on the schedule...

It also had more talent than every team it stepped on the floor with the last 3 losses...

Penny needs to do better...There is no doubt about that.
01-23-2022 01:56 PM

(01-23-2022 12:15 PM)tiger1016 Wrote:  The true Penny haters are very few in number. According to the OP, it seems anyone dissatisfied with Penny’s performance as a coach is now a hater.

Show me where I said that.

You youngsters read way too much into comments. Reading comprehension is apparently a lost art.

I'm not happy we are losing and the team hasn't come together completely yet. But I'm not blaming the coach. I'm prepared to wait until the end of the season to see what type of job he has done.
01-23-2022 01:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-23-2022 01:57 PM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  

You youngsters read way too much into comments. Reading comprehension is apparently a lost art.

I'm not happy we are losing and the team hasn't come together completely yet. But I'm not blaming the coach. I'm prepared to wait until the end of the season to see what type of job he has done.

“…will all you Penny haters” - so according to you, this references the couple posters on this board that are Penny haters? If so, it’s an odd way to phrase that sentence to address basically a couple posters. Just my opinion.

I agree with you…most of us will have to wait until end of season. We don’t really have an option and IMO even if the season ends in a disappointing manner, Penny will still be here next year.
01-23-2022 02:11 PM
Browning Hall Offline
All American

I Root For: Mayhem

Plus, I think losing out on the Tennessee game following the Bama game crushed their momentum. I think had we played and won that game (as I fully expected), things might have gone a little differently.
01-23-2022 02:46 PM

(01-23-2022 02:11 PM)tiger1016 Wrote:  

“…will all you Penny haters” - so according to you, this references the couple posters on this board that are Penny haters? If so, it’s an odd way to phrase that sentence to address basically a couple posters. Just my opinion.

I agree with you…most of us will have to wait until end of season. We don’t really have an option and IMO even if the season ends in a disappointing manner, Penny will still be here next year.

Couple of posters???? 03-lmfao

I've said before that Penny will leave on his own if he feels he can't do the job.
01-23-2022 02:46 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

Not a hater of Hardaway and only want him to be the answer here.

Pastner lost to Tulane.
Smith lost to East Carolina.

Maybe Hardaway can follow in the latter's footsteps and beat Houston.

But more likely he'll beat Houston and follow it up with a blowout loss to South Florida.
01-23-2022 02:48 PM

(01-23-2022 02:46 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  

Plus, I think losing out on the Tennessee game following the Bama game crushed their momentum. I think had we played and won that game (as I fully expected), things might have gone a little differently.

I believe you are correct.
01-23-2022 02:48 PM
Advertisement

CUSA_NEWS Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Ligers
Lead 30 to 4 in the first half.... without their full roster like ECU....

01-23-2022 02:49 PM
450bench Offline

I love Penny, but I just don’t think he’s a good coach. In fact, he may be one of the worst coaches I’ve ever seen.

We’ve underachieved. We’ve had insane drama. It wasn’t long ago when some were saying how positive it may be for a player or two to be out so he’d be forced to change his substitution pattern. That’s just sad. It just a bad situation.

If things turned around, great. I absolutely see no scenario in which that occurs.
01-23-2022 02:54 PM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-23-2022 02:46 PM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  
(01-23-2022 02:11 PM)tiger1016 Wrote:  

Couple of posters???? 03-lmfao

I've said before that Penny will leave on his own if he feels he can't do the job.

Can you list more than a couple? :)
01-23-2022 02:58 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
The future hasn't happened yet.

If what you say proves true, will you enjoy having said it...lol...?

If what you say doesn't prove true, will you fully enjoy the turnaround...? --askin for a friend
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022 02:59 PM by snowtiger.)
01-23-2022 02:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.