Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Calkins = Drama
Bookmark and Share
tcountytigerfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Calkins = Drama
Has always been this way. Kicks folks when they’re at their low point.

Was awful to Rip and Tommy. Tommy said our media (and we know he meant Calkins specifically) we’re the worst he’s even been around, and he was fired as the HC at Clemson!

Cal said he was a miserable.

JWill refused to be interviewed by him.

He’s crapped on nearly everyone involved with the Grizz over the years.

Don’t get me wrong, there has been plenty of room to criticize everyone I’ve noted. But it’s one thing to be critical, it’s another thing to be an ass, attack, insult, etc.

Geoff will wake up one day, realize he’s 80 and spent the better part of his career kicking people when they’re down. Maybe he’ll care, maybe he’ll still throw alligator arms with the old “I was just doing my job” schtick, who knows. But one things for sure, he’ll still be miserable. But by then, he won’t have his writing gig, won’t be on the radio. He’ll just be alone and, as Cal said, miserable.
01-21-2022 01:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jets521 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: memphis
RE: Calkins = Drama
I dunno man, you sort of sound like the miserable one

The dude has, and always has had, a job a to do. Seems like he's pretty good at it. He gets what he needs and writes based off what he gets. And we keep clicking, reading, purchasing.
01-21-2022 01:48 PM
passat25 Offline
Heisman

Dude.. They are gonna delete this thread again.. Don't force it.. We all know Calkins is a POS.
01-21-2022 01:49 PM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
(01-21-2022 01:43 PM)tcountytigerfan Wrote:  Has always been this way. Kicks folks when they’re at their low point.

Was awful to Rip and Tommy. Tommy said our media (and we know he meant Calkins specifically) we’re the worst he’s even been around, and he was fired as the HC at Clemson!

Don’t get me wrong, there has been plenty of room to criticize everyone I’ve noted. But it’s one thing to be critical, it’s another thing to be an ass, attack, insult, etc.

Geoff will wake up one day, realize he’s 80 and spent the better part of his career kicking people when they’re down. Maybe he’ll care, maybe he’ll still throw alligator arms with the old “I was just doing my job” schtick, who knows. But one things for sure, he’ll still be miserable. But by then, he won’t have his writing gig, won’t be on the radio. He’ll just be alone and, as Cal said, miserable.

Tommy’s teams were dreadful down the stretch & his whining self-serving.

Rip has a right to gripe. The schedules he played were brutal.

Cal underperformed here until the CDR class and punched back at the criticism with his miserables jab. He would not still be at UK had he started there with the same results he initially had here.

JWill was a punk.

Geoff is a columnist. He is not a beat writer. His job is to ask difficult questions. I understand athletes & coaches don’t always like it, but the good ones learn to adapt. Geoff is no more miserable than the basketball being played & Penny owns that product. Is he capable of fixing it is a perfectly reasonable question for such a bizarre basketball program.
01-21-2022 01:57 PM
tcountytigerfan Offline
1st String

(01-21-2022 01:49 PM)passat25 Wrote:  Dude.. They are gonna delete this thread again.. Don't force it.. We all know Calkins is a POS.

Ha! My phone glitched right when I posted the first time, so I assumed it just didn’t post! Serious question - any idea why first post was deleted? I’ve read so much worse on this board.

Anyway, my personal attitude improved tremendously when I stopped listening to local radio and stopped reading all the negative. Not just in sports, but all slanted & negative stories. Too much of that in the world.
01-21-2022 02:15 PM
gusrob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS - My Alma Mater
(01-21-2022 02:15 PM)tcountytigerfan Wrote:  
(01-21-2022 01:49 PM)passat25 Wrote:  Dude.. They are gonna delete this thread again.. Don't force it.. We all know Calkins is a POS.

Ha! My phone glitched right when I posted the first time, so I assumed it just didn’t post! Serious question - any idea why first post was deleted? I’ve read so much worse on this board.

Anyway, my personal attitude improved tremendously when I stopped listening to local radio and stopped reading all the negative. Not just in sports, but all slanted & negative stories. Too much of that in the world.

04-cheers

The media available for Tiger fans is 03-puke
01-21-2022 02:21 PM
Advertisement

RCM1029 Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(01-21-2022 01:43 PM)tcountytigerfan Wrote:  Has always been this way. Kicks folks when they’re at their low point.

You really think Calkins is miserable? The guy is an award-winning sportswriter who has a cushy job in a small market. I don't think he's miserable at all.
01-21-2022 03:18 PM
HiTiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: UoM
That's kinda part of his job and has been his whole career
01-21-2022 03:49 PM
Keeper Offline
All American

(01-21-2022 03:45 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  He’s a liberal and those are generally the most miserable people on earth. Woke d-bags, cancel culture, hate America. It’s just their nature to live in misery.

You are conservative and those are generally the worst informed people on earth. Stumbling in the dark, p-bags, big liars, hate the constitution; it is just your nature to feel mistreated. Liberal Americans are not Conservative Americans enemy. Both of us are opponents in the ever changing American debate of whether we wish to remain a republic with a democratically elected self government.
01-21-2022 04:05 PM
UMTiger02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers & Uggla
I’m a conservative and I don’t see the problem with what he said. Penny has it it easy with folks questioning him for 3 years because of his celebrity.
01-21-2022 04:20 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(01-21-2022 04:20 PM)UMTiger02 Wrote:  I’m a conservative and I don’t see the problem with what he said. Penny has it it easy with folks questioning him for 3 years because of his celebrity.

You win you are a king...You lose and you are treated like trash...

Surely Penny understood this.

Penny wants people to feel sorry for him...If he would own this teams shortcomings then maybe people would be more understanding.

But to throw the we are young when you have 4 top 150 Juniors and Seniors on your bench is not a quality excuse.
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022 04:25 PM by macgar32.)
01-21-2022 04:22 PM
Advertisement

UMTiger02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers & Uggla
(01-21-2022 04:22 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(01-21-2022 04:20 PM)UMTiger02 Wrote:  I’m a conservative and I don’t see the problem with what he said. Penny has it it easy with folks questioning him for 3 years because of his celebrity.

Penny wants people to feel sorry for him...If he would own this teams shortcomings then maybe people would be more understanding.

But to throw the we are young when you have 4 top 150 Juniors and Seniors on your bench is not a quality excuse.

Folks don’t have to kiss his behind because he’s Penny Hardaway. Also saying I work hard, like most coaches don’t work hard…
01-21-2022 04:27 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(01-21-2022 04:27 PM)UMTiger02 Wrote:  
(01-21-2022 04:22 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  

Folks don’t have to kiss his behind because he’s Penny Hardaway. Also saying I work hard, like most coaches don’t work hard…

The fact that his 4 top 150 Junior and seniors...All 4 have been with him 3 years...Have not improved is the reason he is starting Freshmen. If you are working hard...Part of that work has to be improving the players you already have on your roster.

Working hard getting new players is not enough.
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022 04:34 PM by macgar32.)
01-21-2022 04:33 PM
blue68 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Titans
Not a good look nationally.
01-21-2022 04:39 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(01-21-2022 01:57 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  

Tommy’s teams were dreadful down the stretch & his whining self-serving.

Rip has a right to gripe. The schedules he played were brutal.

Cal underperformed here until the CDR class and punched back at the criticism with his miserables jab. He would not still be at UK had he started there with the same results he initially had here.

JWill was a punk.

Geoff is a columnist. He is not a beat writer. His job is to ask difficult questions. I understand athletes & coaches don’t always like it, but the good ones learn to adapt. Geoff is no more miserable than the basketball being played & Penny owns that product. Is he capable of fixing it is a perfectly reasonable question for such a bizarre basketball program.

The bolded tells me you missed the whole point. Tommy was fired from BOTH Memphis and Clemson. He had to deal with BOTH media groups. He said Memphis was worse.
01-21-2022 04:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(01-21-2022 03:18 PM)RCM1029 Wrote:  

You really think Calkins is miserable? The guy is an award-winning sportswriter who has a cushy job in a small market. I don't think he's miserable at all.

Awards for media? For what? Best dikrider?

Dead man in a dead media.
01-21-2022 04:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Briskbas Offline
Heisman

(01-21-2022 04:05 PM)Keeper Wrote:  
(01-21-2022 03:45 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  He’s a liberal and those are generally the most miserable people on earth. Woke d-bags, cancel culture, hate America. It’s just their nature to live in misery.

You are conservative and those are generally the worst informed people on earth. Stumbling in the dark, p-bags, big liars, hate the constitution; it is just your nature to feel mistreated. Liberal Americans are not Conservative Americans enemy. Both of us are opponents in the ever changing American debate of whether we wish to remain a republic with a democratically elected self government.

The moderation standards on this message board have really slipped. This stuff should go in smack, it doesn't even belong in politics.
01-21-2022 04:52 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

Calkins didn't lose to East Carolina and Tulane with this team.

God forbid someone ask why we did.
01-21-2022 04:53 PM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

Calkins = Drama

Penny = Drama

We have way too much Drama!
01-21-2022 05:01 PM
daniel2023 Offline
Banned

I Root For: ________
(01-21-2022 04:49 PM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  
(01-21-2022 03:18 PM)RCM1029 Wrote:  

Awards for media? For what? Best dikrider?

Dead man in a dead media.

Wow, that's HHT's 10th phallic comment in 24 hours. Repressed much?
01-21-2022 05:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.