Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Louisiana Fans
Bookmark and Share
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
Louisiana Fans
O'Cyrus Torrence, Kamryn Waites and now Montrell Johnson. Just wondering how grateful to Billy y'all are feeling now? Especially those folks holding the Thank Youi Billy sign at the CCG.
01-13-2022 05:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Big Buds Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: Louisiana Fans
(01-13-2022 05:19 PM)AppManDG Wrote:  O'Cyrus Torrence, Kamryn Waites and now Montrell Johnson. Just wondering how grateful to Billy y'all are feeling now? Especially those folks holding the Thank Youi Billy sign at the CCG.
It sucks. I can see both sides of the argument but it definitely puts a bad taste in your mouth. Possibly even worse Billy took something like 30 personnel from the athletic department! We are filling those gaps right now but it’s just the nature of the business…I guess.

No matter how flat the pancake there is always two sides. Give it time and I’m sure all will be well.

Lastly, Louisiana is in solid hands with Dez and company. I’m expecting big things from this staff.
01-13-2022 05:24 PM
Complacent Cajun Offline
1st String

(01-13-2022 05:19 PM)AppManDG Wrote:  O'Cyrus Torrence, Kamryn Waites and now Montrell Johnson. Just wondering how grateful to Billy y'all are feeling now? Especially those folks holding the Thank Youi Billy sign at the CCG.

I'm still grateful. End of Dec through early Jan I was miffed, but I'm over it. I'm personally more upset about the countless non-coaching personnel he took with him, but CMD is refilling all of those as we type.
01-13-2022 06:16 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(01-13-2022 06:16 PM)Complacent Cajun Wrote:  

I'm still grateful. End of Dec through early Jan I was miffed, but I'm over it. I'm personally more upset about the countless non-coaching personnel he took with him, but CMD is refilling all of those as we type.

Just be happy he put you guys in the position to be mad about any of it. We haven’t even gotten close enough to a coach being successful enough for someone to take and him take all the support staff with him.

Hopefully Kane will be the next Alabama head coach, which means he was stupid successful at South. And then he can take all the staff he wants, as long as we get a game scheduled with them.
01-13-2022 07:15 PM
Big Buds Offline
All American

(01-13-2022 07:15 PM)Usajags Wrote:  

Just be happy he put you guys in the position to be mad about any of it. We haven’t even gotten close enough to a coach being successful enough for someone to take and him take all the support staff with him.

Hopefully Kane will be the next Alabama head coach, which means he was stupid successful at South. And then he can take all the staff he wants, as long as we get a game scheduled with them.
Touché
01-13-2022 09:26 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Players following in the day of the transfer portal isn't unusual. Utah State won the MWC this year with three of our starters from the year before.

However, stealing all the off-field staff is new. Usually that is the one thing that stays pretty consistent during a coaching change.
01-13-2022 09:41 PM
Advertisement

AstroCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
I'm still very grateful for Billy. Before him, I wondered if we'd ever sniff at a national ranking. Now, for two consecutive years, we finished in the Top 25.

How could I ever be sore about that? Do you know who was the first head football coach that was hired away from us?

It's Billy.

100+ years of playing football and we never had one leave us for a "better" job.

So all of this is still very new to us. We haven't had to deal with staff raiding, or players following their coach to the greener pasture.

That's the price of success for any of us in G5. Why in hell would I be upset about it?
01-14-2022 12:26 PM
FrankyP Online
All American

(01-14-2022 12:26 PM)AstroCajun Wrote:  I'm still very grateful for Billy. Before him, I wondered if we'd ever sniff at a national ranking. Now, for two consecutive years, we finished in the Top 25.

How could I ever be sore about that? Do you know who was the first head football coach that was hired away from us?

It's Billy.

100+ years of playing football and we never had one leave us for a "better" job.

So all of this is still very new to us. We haven't had to deal with staff raiding, or players following their coach to the greener pasture.

That's the price of success for any of us in G5. Why in hell would I be upset about it?
Man, so much of what you said is exactly how I feel about this. In a very important way this is just another good sign of the progress we’ve made under Napier.

But while I wouldn’t say I’m upset about some of this, I’d be lying if I said parts of haven’t been stinging a bit. Ok, more than just a bit, lol.

First, we need to keep in mind that we are talking about a G5 -vs- one of the top P5 conferences out there….if not the top P5 conf. So anyone who would think that players and coaches wouldn’t jump at the chance to move to that level does not understand basic human needs/goals. So I can understand why they are leaving.

That all said, I am surprised that Napier is raiding the staff as much as has. That’s been the hardest part of all of this. I guess I thought he would go after established P5 talent more, but I guess he knows what he needs.

Oh well, still a FANTASTIC time in Cajun Nation. Not just with fb, but getting that R1 status is still bringing smiles to my face!

P.S. you forgot about Sam Robertson. He may have left the profession but he is now making the big bucks….real estate.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2022 04:26 PM by FrankyP.)
01-14-2022 12:43 PM
ragin4u Offline
WOKE AF

I Root For: Louisiana & Magat Tears
I 100% appreciate what Billy did for Louisiana. His loyalty now is to UF and that is how it should be. His big thing is always 'personal relationships' so I get why he wanted to bring as many of his staff as he could. Players too, he would not have recruited them if they were not the people he was looking for. I have got zero problem with players or staff leaving/following. It hurts to lose a guy like Bailey or Torrence but they have to do what is best for them.
01-14-2022 12:45 PM
SouthernMiss3613 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
(01-13-2022 07:15 PM)Usajags Wrote:  

Exactly how I feel. He won y'all a bunch of games and put you on the map.
01-14-2022 02:22 PM
KJ Eagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern

Would be an interesting personnel study to see what the positions were, how they were staffed, and what their typical duties were. That's one of the things we never see behind the scenes as fans. We know there are a bunch of "analysts" but how do they use them for the day to day?
01-14-2022 02:44 PM
Advertisement

PhillyApp1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: APP STATE
Saint Billy isn’t taking the bottom players or coaches .

I think by October Cajun nation will realize the price to pay for Saint Billy’s move.

Oh, and if the Cajuns start losing again, guess what else will leave..... money/supporters

Maybe I will be wrong........ maybe I won’t..... either way, I hope I am only half wrong because WE, as a conference need the Cajuns to be strong
01-14-2022 03:32 PM
Big Buds Offline
All American

(01-14-2022 03:32 PM)PhillyApp1 Wrote:  Saint Billy isn’t taking the bottom players or coaches .

I think by October Cajun nation will realize the price to pay for Saint Billy’s move.

Oh, and if the Cajuns start losing again, guess what else will leave..... money/supporters

Maybe I will be wrong........ maybe I won’t..... either way, I hope I am only half wrong because WE, as a conference need the Cajuns to be strong
Two of our players in the portal are committed to LSU. We are really deep…we’ll soon find out how deep.
01-14-2022 03:38 PM
FrankyP Online
All American

(01-14-2022 03:38 PM)Big Buds Wrote:  
(01-14-2022 03:32 PM)PhillyApp1 Wrote:  Saint Billy isn’t taking the bottom players or coaches .

Two of our players in the portal are committed to LSU. We are really deep…we’ll soon find out how deep.
Don’t try to reason with him. He has a little narrative going on in his mind and he probably will not let it go.
01-14-2022 03:43 PM
KJ Eagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
(01-14-2022 03:43 PM)FrankyP Wrote:  

Don’t try to reason with him. He has a little narrative going on in his mind and he probably will not let it go.

I don't have a dog in the hunt, but from the outside looking in...don't you all have your little "narrative going on"? Other than 4 years with Hudspeth that almost all got vacated, UL has had a mediocre to bad history for most of the time until the last three years. Is it that far fetched to think that after losing your best coach in the history of your program that things might return to your version of "normal" just as quickly once he is gone? Not saying y'all are doomed by any means, but it is not out of the realm of reason is it?
01-14-2022 03:53 PM
Big Buds Offline
All American

(01-14-2022 03:53 PM)KJ Eagle Wrote:  

I don't have a dog in the hunt, but from the outside looking in...don't you all have your little "narrative going on"? Other than 4 years with Hudspeth that almost all got vacated, UL has had a mediocre to bad history for most of the time until the last three years. Is it that far fetched to think that after losing your best coach in the history of your program that things might return to your version of "normal" just as quickly once he is gone? Not saying y'all are doomed by any means, but it is not out of the realm of reason is it?
You gotta start winning at some point. For Louisiana that was in 2011, around the time we started investing heavily in football.

The optimism comes from a few things.
1) The cULture/program is intact and using the same “recipe” for success.
2) We are located in one of the hottest HS recruiting beds in College Football.
3) We are about to invest $80 Million into our stadium and already have top flight facilities to recruit said athletes to.

I’m a fan so I wear rose colored glasses…but I think we’re here to stay.
01-14-2022 04:03 PM
Advertisement

balanced_view Online
1st String

(01-14-2022 03:53 PM)KJ Eagle Wrote:  

If Louisiana went back to operating its athletic program the way it did back during the long history of losing, then yes it would not be out of the realm of reason.

Reason also says it you do things different than in your past and get a good result from the change, if you keep the changes then more good things should continue to follow. Louisiana success did not not happen just because of one man( Napier). The change stared with a change in president, then AD, then came Napier, and a Army of others. Its been building for awhile now and everyone at the university now knows what success looks like. There is no going back to the old days as being normal. This winning stuff is the "new normal" for the program.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2022 04:15 PM by balanced_view.)
01-14-2022 04:13 PM
RajunAsian Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Raje Against the Machine
Franky, it's two different posters. But yeah. Will be fine. Hud and Nape showed us what could be done here. Desormeaux will be given all the resources need to succeed. What he does will be up to him and his abilities. There's just too much talent and support around here for us to go back to the ways of the past
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2022 05:08 PM by RajunAsian.)
01-14-2022 04:37 PM
FrankyP Online
All American

(01-14-2022 04:37 PM)RajunAsian Wrote:  Franky, it's two different posters. But yeah. Will be fine. Hud and Nape showed us what could be done here. Desormeaux will be given all the resources need to succeed. Weighed he does will be up to him and his abilities. There's just too much talent and support around here for us to go back to the ways of the past
Yeah I realized that and deleted my post.
01-14-2022 05:06 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
(01-13-2022 05:24 PM)Big Buds Wrote:  
It sucks. I can see both sides of the argument but it definitely puts a bad taste in your mouth. Possibly even worse Billy took something like 30 personnel from the athletic department! We are filling those gaps right now but it’s just the nature of the business…I guess.

No matter how flat the pancake there is always two sides. Give it time and I’m sure all will be well.

Lastly, Louisiana is in solid hands with Dez and company. I’m expecting big things from this staff.

I wouldn't say that's the nature of the business. This seems fairly unprecedented at the FCS level.
01-14-2022 05:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.