Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2022 Football Depth Chart
Bookmark and Share
natibeast2.0 Offline
Banned

I Root For: -
2022 Football Depth Chart
Figured provide one spot for edits as further transfers happen, we get into spring/summer practice, injuries, etc. What's your thoughts? Feel free to edit. I did quick so likely missing some.

Offense
QB:
1ab) Evan Prater/Ben Bryant
2ab) Brady Lichtenberg/Luther Richesson

RB:
1abc) Ethan Wright/Charles McClelland/Ryan Montgomery
2ab) Myles Montgomery/Stephan Byrd

WR:
1a) Nick Mardner
2ab) Drew Donley/Blue Smith

WR 2:
1ab) Tyler Scott/Jadon Thompson
2a) Chris Scott

Slot WR:
1a) Tre Tucker
2a) Will Pauling

TE:
1ab) Josh Whyle/Leonard Taylor
2ab) Payton Singletary/Chamon Metayer

RT:
1a) Dylan O'Quinn
2a) Cam Jones

RG:
1a) Lorenz Metz
2ab) Mao Glynn/Landon Fickell

C:
1a) Jake Renfro
2a) Gavin Gerhardt

LG:
1a) Jeremy Cooper
2a) Colin Woodside

LT:
1a) James Tunstall
2a) John Williams

Defense
CB:
1a) Arquon Bush
2a) Todd Bumphis

CB:
1a) Jaquan Sheppard
2ab) Sammy Anderson/JQ Hardaway

S:
1a) Bryon Threats
2ab) Jacob Dingle/Isiah Cox

S:
1a) Javon Hicks
2ab) Armorion Smith/Will Adams

N:
1ab) Justin Harris/Taj Ward

WILL:
1a) Jaheim Thomas
2a) Cam Junior

MIKE:
1ab) Ivan Pace/Wilson Huber
2a) Devin Hightower

SAM:
1ab) Deshawn Pace/Ty Van Fossen

DE:
1ab) Iziah Ruffin/Robert Jackson
2a) ?

DT:
1a/b) Jabari Taylor/Eric Phillips
2ab) Justin Wodtly/Dontay Corleone

DE:
1ab) Malik Vann/Jowon Briggs
2a) ?

Special Teams:
K:
1a) Ryan Coe

P:
1a) Mason Fletcher

KR:
1a) Tre Tucker

PR:
1a) Ryan Montgomery

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2022 09:31 PM by natibeast2.0.)
01-11-2022 04:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
RE: 2022 Football Depth Chart
Mason Fletcher is the punter. WR Dalrone Donaldson entered the portal in January 2021. He is not on the roster, he was a walk-on here and I don’t know if anyone picked him up.

I suspect we’ll see a couple more transfers into the roster after other schools have their spring camp.

01-11-2022 04:26 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
I wouldn't be shocked if we saw Bush move outside.

01-11-2022 04:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Edgebrookjeff Offline
1st String

I Root For: bearcats
(01-11-2022 04:33 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  I wouldn't be shocked if we saw Bush move outside.

Bush moved outside for the GA game last year on short notice, and played really well.

01-11-2022 04:39 PM
natibeast2.0 Offline
Banned

Edited haha forgot it was Mason. Did not know about Dalrone. Thanks!

01-11-2022 04:45 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
Thomas is the #1 at WLB, Huber is an ILB all the way at this point unless they decide to turn him into Ethan Tucky and run that hybrid 4-3/4-2-5 they ran for some of the first two years. Don't forget about Cam Junior and Devin Hightower, both highly regarded freshmen who could find their way into the LB two deep very easily.

I'd imagine they'd find a way to get Briggs on the ones before starting someone who is unproven...he may move back inside to DT (what he was at UVA)

I doubt Blue Smith is the 1a at Boundary...my guess he is splitting time with the 2s alongside Chris Scott if that. He didn't make it on the offensive field in any of the mop-up duty/second team reps they had throughout the year. I also believe Michael Young has another year of eligibility unless he has decided to forego it and I missed the announcement.

It's Bryon Threats, not Byron. Don't be surprised if Isiah Cox or Armorion Smith make some noise behind Hicks...both apparently showed a lot of flashes in practice throughout the year.

Bush would make far more sense bumping out to the field corner, with Justin Harris or Taj Ward at slot and Sheppard at Boundary. Wouldn't be shocked to see JQ find his way into the two-deep. I'd be surprised if Jarmon cracked the two-deep next year, he's a work in progress, and missed a lot of this year's worth of practice with some personal stuff.

Mao Glynn or Landon Fickell will likely be the backup RG.

Payten Singletary played with the backups at TE, not Matayer, so I don't think it's a guarantee Chamon is the #2.

As far as DEs, Rob Jackson and Iziah Ruffin are out there in the wind...but neither appears to be a rush end. My guess is our starter opposite Vann isn't yet on the roster.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022 04:51 PM by BearcatMan.)
01-11-2022 04:46 PM
Advertisement

eroc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC, Liverpool
is Briggs going to start at NT or does Jabari start inside and Jowon go outside?

01-11-2022 04:55 PM
Lurkercat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
(01-11-2022 04:55 PM)eroc Wrote:  is Briggs going to start at NT or does Jabari start inside and Jowon go outside?

This might be BS, but I thought I read that Briggs came here because he didn't want to play inside.

01-11-2022 04:57 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
I think our linebackers are going to be really damn good next year.

01-11-2022 05:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
I love Dublanko and co. but one of the weaknesses teams have exploited in the last two years is the lack of speed we have at linebacker. Alabama found all their passing game success on those quick in routes to Slade Bolden and the tight end. Some teams last year found success slipping their HBs out into the flat. Having Van Fossen, Huber, Ivan Pace, and Jaheim Thomas out there is gonna make us look like Georgia by comparison.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022 05:22 PM by Cataclysmo.)
01-11-2022 05:22 PM
Edgebrookjeff Offline
1st String

I Root For: bearcats
(01-11-2022 04:46 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Thomas is the #1 at WLB, Huber is an ILB all the way at this point unless they decide to turn him into Ethan Tucky and run that hybrid 4-3/4-2-5 they ran for some of the first two years. Don't forget about Cam Junior and Devin Hightower, both highly regarded freshmen who could find their way into the LB two deep very easily.

I'd imagine they'd find a way to get Briggs on the ones before starting someone who is unproven...he may move back inside to DT (what he was at UVA)

I doubt Blue Smith is the 1a at Boundary...my guess he is splitting time with the 2s alongside Chris Scott if that. He didn't make it on the offensive field in any of the mop-up duty/second team reps they had throughout the year. I also believe Michael Young has another year of eligibility unless he has decided to forego it and I missed the announcement.

It's Bryon Threats, not Byron. Don't be surprised if Isiah Cox or Armorion Smith make some noise behind Hicks...both apparently showed a lot of flashes in practice throughout the year.

Bush would make far more sense bumping out to the field corner, with Justin Harris or Taj Ward at slot and Sheppard at Boundary. Wouldn't be shocked to see JQ find his way into the two-deep. I'd be surprised if Jarmon cracked the two-deep next year, he's a work in progress, and missed a lot of this year's worth of practice with some personal stuff.

Payten Singletary played with the backups at TE, not Matayer, so I don't think it's a guarantee Chamon is the #2.

As far as DEs, Rob Jackson and Iziah Ruffin are out there in the wind...but neither appears to be a rush end. My guess is our starter opposite Vann isn't yet on the roster.

I'd like to see what Blue Smith can actually do on the field. He was so hyped when he was talked about at the beginning, but has since disappeared.

01-11-2022 06:20 PM
Advertisement

Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
That is a great looking lineup.

Need one of the QB's to come up big, improvement in the offensive line and the new cornerbacks to hold up (with the solid safety help).

01-11-2022 06:22 PM
ladeda Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UC
(01-11-2022 05:04 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  I think our linebackers are going to be really damn good next year.

How is UC going to get Pace and Van Fossen on the field together as much as possible next year?

This is what I've been wondering all offseason (10 days.)

Thomas- I. Pace- D. Pace I have to feel are the starting LB's. How do you get VF in there more often? It seems like all Deshawn and Ty do are make plays-- and they both play the sniper position.

01-11-2022 06:29 PM
chatcat Offline
All American

I Root For: BEARCATS
Did Josh Wyle drclare? I believe he was a junior this year.

01-11-2022 06:35 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
He hasn’t declared. Guessing we will hear something one way or the other soon.

01-11-2022 06:37 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(01-11-2022 06:29 PM)ladeda Wrote:  
(01-11-2022 05:04 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  I think our linebackers are going to be really damn good next year.

How is UC going to get Pace and Van Fossen on the field together as much as possible next year?

This is what I've been wondering all offseason (10 days.)

Thomas- I. Pace- D. Pace I have to feel are the starting LB's. How do you get VF in there more often? It seems like all Deshawn and Ty do are make plays-- and they both play the sniper position.

It's a good problem to have. I like what I've seen thus far from Van Fossen. If you make plays Fick will find a way to get guys on the field.

01-11-2022 07:13 PM
Advertisement

geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

I Root For: Binturongs
(01-11-2022 06:20 PM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  
(01-11-2022 04:46 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Thomas is the #1 at WLB, Huber is an ILB all the way at this point unless they decide to turn him into Ethan Tucky and run that hybrid 4-3/4-2-5 they ran for some of the first two years. Don't forget about Cam Junior and Devin Hightower, both highly regarded freshmen who could find their way into the LB two deep very easily.

I'd like to see what Blue Smith can actually do on the field. He was so hyped when he was talked about at the beginning, but has since disappeared.

You want to see him based upon hype? There's obviously a reason he isn't on the field over other guys.

01-11-2022 07:29 PM
RedRocker Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC, UK's foe
(01-11-2022 06:37 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  He hasn’t declared. Guessing we will hear something one way or the other soon.

Hope he comes back for his sake. He's a Day 3 pick at best right now. He needs another year.

01-11-2022 11:08 PM
natibeast2.0 Offline
Banned

Updated with inputs mostly provided by Bearcatman.

Leaving Whyle and Michael Young JR (I thought his eligibility was up) off until they come back or declare.

01-11-2022 11:54 PM
eroc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC, Liverpool
i think a question that needs to be asked is if we stay with a 3 man front. Tressel, iirc, is a four DL guy previously and he's talked about how much the players and other coaches have helped him get up to speed on the 3-3-5. i wonder, given our losses in the secondary, whether we shift to a four man front, where we are comparatively stronger, to alleviate some of the pressure on the secondary?

01-12-2022 08:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.