Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Justin Lynch article
Bookmark and Share
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Justin Lynch article
01-06-2022 09:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HUSKiESbelieve Offline
Special Teams

RE: Justin Lynch article
You gotta love the players that love to be at NIU.
01-07-2022 01:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BDB5yp Offline
All American

So now we have a stacked running back room and a stacked Quarterback room. NIU offense is in great hands.
01-07-2022 02:10 PM
HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Huskies
Looking at 24/7 transfer portal it shows Justin has enrolled but has a note of pending appeal. What is under appeal?
01-14-2022 03:07 PM
Advertisement

Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(01-14-2022 03:07 PM)HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Wrote:  Looking at 24/7 transfer portal it shows Justin has enrolled but has a note of pending appeal. What is under appeal?

I’m totally guessing but I think he wants to redshirt this year. So it may be an appeal about eligibility remaining.
01-14-2022 03:44 PM
Teamduh Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Northern Il
(01-14-2022 03:44 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(01-14-2022 03:07 PM)HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Wrote:  Looking at 24/7 transfer portal it shows Justin has enrolled but has a note of pending appeal. What is under appeal?

I’m totally guessing but I think he wants to redshirt this year. So it may be an appeal about eligibility remaining.

Actually I read that was the plan from both Hammock and Lynch, for him to redshirt. Why? I don't know. They didn't say and I can only speculate but it doesn't make too much sense. He redshirts as he would be up to #3 QB on team most likely then the following year when Rocky departs he has shot at starting. But why petition before the season to redshirt? Never thought it worked that way.

Unless he has an injury currently. (Oh, I may have stumbled onto something)05-stirthepot05-stirthepot
01-14-2022 06:03 PM
HuskieDave Offline
All American

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
From something I read a couple of weeks ago, I thought he was petitioning to use this past year as a redshirt year. Maybe that isn’t correct, but, it was clearly stated for this past year.
01-14-2022 07:03 PM
Advertisement

Teamduh Offline
1st String

(01-14-2022 07:03 PM)HuskieDave Wrote:  From something I read a couple of weeks ago, I thought he was petitioning to use this past year as a redshirt year. Maybe that isn’t correct, but, it was clearly stated for this past year.

That would make more sense except for his 11? games played. I guess I really don't understand the process well enough, although I thought I did a little.
01-14-2022 07:42 PM
HuskieDave Offline
All American

(01-14-2022 07:42 PM)Teamduh Wrote:  
(01-14-2022 07:03 PM)HuskieDave Wrote:  From something I read a couple of weeks ago, I thought he was petitioning to use this past year as a redshirt year. Maybe that isn’t correct, but, it was clearly stated as being for this past year.

That would make more sense except for his 11 games played. I guess I really don't understand the process well enough, although I thought I did a little.

I was confused as well, as he played virtually a full season. I don’t think petitioning is necessary if he chooses to redshirt this year……..just don’t play. Very confusing.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2022 08:06 PM by HuskieDave.)
01-14-2022 08:01 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I Root For: NIU
(01-14-2022 08:01 PM)HuskieDave Wrote:  
(01-14-2022 07:03 PM)HuskieDave Wrote:  From something I read a couple of weeks ago, I thought he was petitioning to use this past year as a redshirt year. Maybe that isn’t correct, but, it was clearly stated as being for this past year.

That would make more sense except for his 11 games played. I guess I really don't understand the process well enough, although I thought I did a little.

I was confused as well, as he played virtually a full season. I don’t think petitioning is necessary if he chooses to redshirt this year……..just don’t play. Very confusing.

I think you misread, he was saying he plans to redshirt in 2022.
01-14-2022 10:21 PM
Advertisement

Jjz84 Offline
Water Engineer

I believe he is petitioning to be released from his Temple National Letter of Intent. Without this release he is not eligible for any PT in 2022 not even the 4 game redshirt limit. I also think 24 / 7 should read 3 year pending appeal.
01-14-2022 10:32 PM
HuskieDave Offline
All American

(01-14-2022 10:21 PM)7 Wrote:  

I think you misread, he was saying he plans to redshirt in 2022.

The article specifically said he had already petitioned the NCAA for a waiver. It was clearly NOT about redshirting in 2022.
01-14-2022 10:40 PM
Schaefer Beer Offline
1st String

(01-14-2022 07:03 PM)HuskieDave Wrote:  From something I read a couple of weeks ago, I thought he was petitioning to use this past year as a redshirt year. Maybe that isn’t correct, but, it was clearly stated for this past year.

But those 11 games were under a Coach U Offense so that means the ball never moved so he really never had any game-time-experience.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022 02:12 AM by Schaefer Beer.)
01-15-2022 02:11 AM
Advertisement

Teamduh Offline
1st String

(01-15-2022 02:11 AM)Schaefer Beer Wrote:  

But those 11 games were under a Coach U Offense so that means the ball never moved so he really never had any game-time-experience.
I was initially surprised at he lack of poise by Lynch in yesterday's practice since he had experience but then all the other QBs had their negative moments. So I've checked my expectations and assume he and the other QBs will look much better by the end of spring. Coach wants to know by summer who the team can count on so that will be my new measuring milestone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
03-27-2022 02:32 PM
huskies77 Offline
Bench Warmer

What was NIU record during his Huskie tenure?
03-27-2022 04:21 PM
pelican Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-27-2022 02:32 PM)Teamduh Wrote:  
(01-15-2022 02:11 AM)Schaefer Beer Wrote:  

I was initially surprised at he lack of poise by Lynch in yesterday's practice since he had experience but then all the other QBs had their negative moments. So I've checked my expectations and assume he and the other QBs will look much better by the end of spring. Coach wants to know by summer who the team can count on so that will be my new measuring milestone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

i think he looked pretty comfortable considering he's learning a new offense live arm and seemed poised and is a bit bigger than his brother JL6 so ill take the odds he'll be ok just like the other Qbs on the roster will be when their number is called.
03-27-2022 08:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.