Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Biden* Judicial Nominee Said ‘Proof of Citizenship’ is ‘Voter Suppression’
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Biden* Judicial Nominee Said ‘Proof of Citizenship’ is ‘Voter Suppression’
Quote:Nancy Gbana Abudu, the deputy legal director at SPLC, was nominated by Joe Brandon to serve on the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit that covers parts of Alabama, Florida, and Georgia. Abudu has a long history of extremism starting with a stint at the ACLU that stretched from 2005 to 2019 as well as her stint on the discredited Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC).

Abudu says that voter ID laws and proof of citizenship are voter suppression. But, when you think about it that is correct. There is little doubt that those two policies do indeed suppress illegal voting. That explains why Joe Brandon selected her. Encouraging illegal voting would work in his favor in 2024 should his bosses in Washington decide to run for reelection. That would explain why he allowed 1.9 million illegals to rush our borders in 2021.

She notably said “photo ID” and “proof of citizenship,” two long-established requirements to vote, are indicative of “voter suppression:”

Obviously, we do a lot when it comes to voter suppression, which includes five priority areas: photo ID, proof of citizenship, restrictions we see when it comes to registration, early voting as well as absentee voting and the restrictions we see when it comes to criminal convictions. We also do a lot with student voting.

Abudu has endorsed the John R. Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act — H.R. 4. She says it is necessary “to protect the future of American democracy.”

She said:

“As HR 4 moves to the Senate, some senators have already committed to doing everything in their power to oppose the bill – up to and including leveraging a legislative tool popular with pro-Jim Crow senators of the past – to prevent its passage and to further erode the fundamental right to vote,” Abudu wrote, likening Republicans today to Democrats who upheld laws that discriminated against minorities in the past.”

Let me remind Abudu that the Jim Crow Senators were all Democrats. And voter ID is not a poll tax and has no history in the Democrat’s Jim Crow era.

Biden’s judicial pick for the 11th Circuit aligns with the administration’s opposition to election security measures. Upon the signing of the Georgia bill by GOP Gov. Brian Kemp, for instance, the president called it “Jim Crow in the 21st century.”

In a statement to The Daily Wire, the Republican National Committee (RNC) said voter turnout actually went up in Georgia following the bill, revealing it is not restrictive.

“Turnout in Atlanta’s 2021 municipal elections rose by 17 percent compared to 2017 following the passage of Georgia’s recent election integrity legislation — clear proof that Democrats are lying about election integrity for political gain,” spokesman Gates McGavick said.

Link
01-03-2022 11:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Biden* Judicial Nominee Said ‘Proof of Citizenship’ is ‘Voter Suppression’
oh lookie, another ciswell [sic] cog sans the Jetsons…
01-03-2022 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eldonabe Online
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
Not allowing someone who wants to vote is voter suppression.

Properly identifying yourself as a person who is allowed to vote is not........

If you cannot identify yourself in a manner that is consistent with 100's of other things you already need to identify yourself for - you probably should not be voting since you can't get medicine or drive a car or have a bank account or collect unemployment or basically eat.
01-03-2022 12:37 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
At some point people are gonna get enough of these filth.
01-03-2022 12:46 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Some votes need to be suppressed—dead people, people voting more than once, people voting in multiple jurisdictions, non-citizens, people impersonating other voters. Those votes all SHOULD be suppressed. There is absolutely nothing wrong with suppressing those votes..
01-03-2022 09:33 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-03-2022 09:33 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Some votes need to be suppressed—dead people, people voting more than once, people voting in multiple jurisdictions, non-citizens, people impersonating other voters. Those votes all SHOULD be suppressed. There is absolutely nothing wrong with suppressing those votes..

and the only way to do that (today) is within the stars and strip(p)Ed states … how’s that bs working out …

w/o voter ID + term limits, it’s a waste o’ time in discussion…

and yeah, we all know why…

this is why my/I/future gens needed more of you guys in authoritative positions moving forward … unfortunately, (I), sucks and swings at balls…
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022 09:42 PM by stinkfist.)
01-03-2022 09:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.