Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Petition to Move the CUSA Baseball Tournament from Southern Miss.
Bookmark and Share
deb025 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Petition to Move the CUSA Baseball Tournament from Southern Miss.
Attention remaining CUSA members and future CUSA members:

A petition was started to move the upcoming CUSA Baseball tournament from Hattiesburg. I signed this petition earlier today and felt it needed to be shared on this forum. I've been a proponent of moving the tournament since Southern Miss. announced their departure to the Sunbelt. Thankfully a fellow Louisiana Tech fan felt the same way and started this petition.

As the petition states, "Hosting a conference championship brings a substantial economic impact to the community and school that is hosting." Simply put, Southern Miss. should not remain as the host of the upcoming CUSA baseball tournament since they're abandoning the conference.

Below is the link to this petition. I call on all Louisiana Tech, Western Kentucky, FIU, Middle Tennessee and UTEP fans to sign this petition. Also, the support of any future CUSA members and any poster on this board who feels the same way would be greatly appreciated. Let's get this petition signed and the tournament moved from Hattiesburg!

Petition - Move the CUSA Baseball Tournament
12-31-2021 03:29 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Petition to Move the CUSA Baseball Tournament from Southern Miss.
(12-31-2021 03:29 PM)deb025 Wrote:  Attention remaining CUSA members and future CUSA members:

A petition was started to move the upcoming CUSA Baseball tournament from Hattiesburg. I signed this petition earlier today and felt it needed to be shared on this forum. I've been a proponent of moving the tournament since Southern Miss. announced their departure to the Sunbelt. Thankfully a fellow Louisiana Tech fan felt the same way and started this petition.

As the petition states, "Hosting a conference championship brings a substantial economic impact to the community and school that is hosting." Simply put, Southern Miss. should not remain as the host of the upcoming CUSA baseball tournament since they're abandoning the conference.

Below is the link to this petition. I call on all Louisiana Tech, Western Kentucky, FIU, Middle Tennessee and UTEP fans to sign this petition. Also, the support of any future CUSA members and any poster on this board who feels the same way would be greatly appreciated. Let's get this petition signed and the tournament moved from Hattiesburg!

This is so sad. Is sad the proper word to use? Pathetic? Weak?
You need a woman, my guy.
12-31-2021 03:45 PM
deb025 Offline
Banned

(12-31-2021 03:45 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  
(12-31-2021 03:29 PM)deb025 Wrote:  Attention remaining CUSA members and future CUSA members:

Nothing sad about it, actually it's the right thing to do. The only thing sad that I see is the pathetic drawing you have for your signature on this site.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2021 03:57 PM by deb025.)
12-31-2021 03:56 PM
JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
Seems fair to give it to one of the remaining teams.
12-31-2021 04:01 PM
Cardiff Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall + Liberty
As a Marshall fan, I fully understand the decision to move conference events away from hosts that are withdrawing from C-USA. I don’t take that personally at all, and no one should. Just as the decision to withdraw from the league in the first place shouldn’t be taken personally, either.

With that said, I wouldn’t move a tournament on short notice unless there really is an equally-good (or better) venue that is available for the same (or less) amount of money to the conference members.
12-31-2021 04:02 PM
deb025 Offline
Banned

Just hit 100 signatures. Let's get it to 200 now!
Do the right thing CUSA and move the baseball tournament from Hattiesburg!
12-31-2021 04:12 PM
Advertisement

topper1296 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
I thought it was standard practice to not let departing teams host conference tourney games.
12-31-2021 04:13 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
(12-31-2021 04:02 PM)Cardiff Wrote:  As a Marshall fan, I fully understand the decision to move conference events away from hosts that are withdrawing from C-USA. I don’t take that personally at all, and no one should. Just as the decision to withdraw from the league in the first place shouldn’t be taken personally, either.

With that said, I wouldn’t move a tournament on short notice unless there really is an equally-good (or better) venue that is available for the same (or less) amount of money to the conference members.

I think this is exactly right.
12-31-2021 04:14 PM
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

Those petitions never do anything but I do agree they should all such events from schools that are leaving.
12-31-2021 04:14 PM
deb025 Offline
Banned

(12-31-2021 04:13 PM)topper1296 Wrote:  I thought it was standard practice to not let departing teams host conference tourney games.

It should be. Evidently, we'll have to pressure CUSA to do the right thing. It's outlandish to think Southern Miss. should host the upcoming baseball tournament. Share the petition on all WKU sports forums please. Let's get this petition signed and the tournament moved.
12-31-2021 04:16 PM
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

Small minded thinking. Take away the most lucrative bid and not allow the school consistently on top twenty for baseball attendance to make money for the conference and put on a professionally run tournament. Let’s send it somewhere else to prove a point. Not that Judy is awake to do it, but go for it, fans. Haha
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2021 04:20 PM by Eagle in the gym.)
12-31-2021 04:19 PM
Advertisement

Cardiff Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall + Liberty
If Liberty wants to score some goodwill points with the remaining members, they could offer to host the baseball tournament for free. Their facilities are solid, they have ample hotel rooms, and Lynchburg in May is a very pleasant place to be.
12-31-2021 04:21 PM
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

(12-31-2021 04:21 PM)Cardiff Wrote:  If Liberty wants to score some goodwill points with the remaining members, they could offer to host the baseball tournament for free. Their facilities are solid, they have ample hotel rooms, and Lynchburg in May is a very pleasant place to be.

I’ve changed my mind. Yes, great idea. I’m sure a location that will draw 20 fans for the tournament is a great idea. Someone call Judy. Do this. Please do this.
Pull it. 04-cheers
12-31-2021 04:27 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
So pull it from USM because they are leaving, and now y’all want to move it to school that isn’t even in the conference???? 01-wingedeagle
12-31-2021 04:35 PM
deb025 Offline
Banned

(12-31-2021 04:35 PM)Usajags Wrote:  So pull it from USM because they are leaving, and now y’all want to move it to school that isn’t even in the conference???? 01-wingedeagle

No, it should go to one of the remaining baseball playing schools in CUSA:
Louisiana Tech, WKU, Middle Tenn., or FIU.
12-31-2021 04:38 PM
FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

July 1st can't come soon enough.
12-31-2021 04:39 PM
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
If it’s moved, any monies that USM has spent towards hosting the tourney needs to be reimbursed by the conference.
12-31-2021 04:42 PM
deb025 Offline
Banned

(12-31-2021 04:42 PM)Usajags Wrote:  If it’s moved, any monies that USM has spent towards hosting the tourney needs to be reimbursed by the conference.

Nah brah. They've made their bed, so they can sleep in it.
12-31-2021 04:45 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(12-31-2021 03:45 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  

I signed it. The only thing "sad" about it is the fact that CUSA FANS have to bring this kind of stuff to the attention of Commissioner Judy and the lazy azz bunch of school presidents in CUSA.

By the way Eagleinthegym, YOUR WIFE says hello.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2021 05:08 PM by HogDawg.)
12-31-2021 04:56 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(12-31-2021 04:02 PM)Cardiff Wrote:  As a Marshall fan, I fully understand the decision to move conference events away from hosts that are withdrawing from C-USA. I don’t take that personally at all, and no one should. Just as the decision to withdraw from the league in the first place shouldn’t be taken personally, either.

Not a problem. Louisiana Tech still owns the best baseball park in all of CUSA. You may recall that it's the same venue that hosted the CUSA Tournament LAST YEAR. 05-ban
12-31-2021 04:59 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.