Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News New York Mandates Blatant Racism in Treating COVID-19
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
New York Mandates Blatant Racism in Treating COVID-19
Quote:New York, under the leadership of its newly appointed governor, Kathy Hochul, has managed to somehow become even more absurd in regards to COVID-19. Since the beginning of the pandemic, the Empire State has led the nation in pointless, draconian measures like lockdowns, mask mandates, and now, vaccine mandates.

All the while, the blue bastion is seeing the largest coronavirus infection spike in the nation. But while you’d think that would lead to some introspection about their failed policies, New York’s leadership has instead decided to take the all-important step of mandating blatant racism in distributing treatments for COVID.

Judging people solely by the color of their skin is apparently good again, you guys. What could possibly go wrong?

We will get to the moral failing of this in a moment, but first, let’s look at it logically. How does this make any sense whatsoever?

Treatments for COVID are finite. In fact, because of Joe Biden’s ineptitude, there is actually a shortage of them. Yet, instead of just doing the smart thing, which would be to give them out to everyone, no matter their race, based only on pre-existing conditions and risk factors, New York has decided that simply being black or Hispanic is a pre-existing condition.

Why you might ask? Because of supposed “longstanding systemic health and social inequalities.” But even if you believe “systemic racism” is responsible for certain demographics being more statistically at risk from COVID (largely due to obesity and diabetes being more prevalent), that doesn’t actually apply at the individual level. For example, a healthy black person is still just a healthy black person. They are no more at risk from the coronavirus than a healthy white person.

Yet, under New York’s guidelines, scarce treatments are to be given to healthy black people, no questions asked while white people must prove they have some underlying condition. That’s simply racist, and it’s also dangerous.

Now, the point here isn’t that healthy white people with no major risk factors should be given monoclonal antibodies. Rather, it’s the opposite. There is no reason to be giving scarce treatments to healthy people of any race. Doing so only diminishes the supply and runs the risk of not having any available when someone who does have serious risk factors emerges.

But New York doesn’t care about actually managing COVID treatments properly. Rather, to the state’s insane leadership, the coronavirus is just another opportunity to mindlessly virtue signal about “social justice.” Imagine a world where some Republican governor prioritized treatments to white people based solely on their skin color? What would the response be? And don’t kid yourself, that’s exactly what New York is doing here.

This isn’t difficult, though the far-left is dead set on making it so. Age, obesity, auto-immune disorders, diabetes, and other pre-existing conditions should be the only factors in judging who is at risk from COVID in regards to rationing treatments. I shouldn’t have to say this, but simply being black or Hispanic is not a pre-existing condition. It’s incredibly gross and immoral to set up a system that pretends it is.

Link
12-31-2021 01:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: New York Mandates Blatant Racism in Treating COVID-19
It's OK. Perfectly acceptable for Democrats be racist. They are in on the struggle. Whatever struggle there still is going into 2022.
12-31-2021 03:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
copycat Offline
Why ask why?

I Root For: Georgia Tech
There should be a great white flight out of New York.

Conspiracy thoughts: There ain't a shortage, they just don't wanna give it to white people to see what they can get away with. Next thing you know, there will be a shortage of all kinds of medical supplies and white people won't be allowed any of it. If they get away with it once in one place, why not more things in more places?
12-31-2021 04:40 PM
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Things like this will do wonders for race relations. 01-wingedeagle
12-31-2021 04:59 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(12-31-2021 04:59 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  Things like this will do wonders for race relations. 01-wingedeagle

The Demons don’t care.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=5e214886cs6xpe0wk5ihbrhjw2...p;amp;ct=g]
12-31-2021 06:25 PM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

How did all the white people leaving work out for Detroit, or Baltimore, or a large part of Chicago? What happens to any city that goes majority- minority and gets control of government, education and law enforcement?

My theory is that it’s not the fault of the minority population. It’s the fault of the hucksters that step into the power vacuum. Those folks seem to honestly believe it’s just a racket and it’s time to gets theirs for them and their friends. They take a somewhat corrupt system and make it totally corrupt.
12-31-2021 06:38 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Thoughts, the source of systematic racism came from/comes from demoncrats. Creating gubment programs that cause dependencies on gubment assistance to achieve only modest success that would not continue without continued gubment assistance. Success comes from innovation being better than competitors not from being given contracts because minority owned companies are required to get 10% of all contracts.
12-31-2021 07:20 PM
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-31-2021 04:40 PM)copycat Wrote:  There should be a great white flight out of New York.

Conspiracy thoughts: There ain't a shortage, they just don't wanna give it to white people to see what they can get away with. Next thing you know, there will be a shortage of all kinds of medical supplies and white people won't be allowed any of it. If they get away with it once in one place, why not more things in more places?

This.

They are actively trying to start a divisive war between people.

They will continue to push the boundaries until there is violent unrest…….they want people at each other’s throats.

It’s why they let criminals walk to commit more crimes and why they blatantly deny medicine based on skin color.

……they won’t stop.
01-01-2022 12:01 AM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
Joe Biden is a dick He needs the **** beaten out of him.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2022 04:02 AM by WinstonTheWolf.)
01-01-2022 03:45 AM
Advertisement

All4One Offline
Banned

I Root For: Genuine & Unprivileged
People have been wanting out, and communist Democrats continue to give them reasons to leave..

https://abc7ny.com/nyc-exodus-census-fle.../10949972/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisdorsey...s-for-red/
01-01-2022 09:06 AM
Bear Catlett Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
I love how the dim-ocrats constantly flap their gums about how they're the party of diversity, inclusion and equality... and half the country is stupid enough to believe it.
01-01-2022 09:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.