Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News More than 200 Marines have been discharged from military due to vaccine refusal
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
More than 200 Marines have been discharged from military due to vaccine refusal
Quote:More than 200 hundred Marines have been booted from the United States military for refusing to submit to a coronavirus vaccine.

Fox News confirmed Thursday that 206 U.S. Marines have been kicked out of the military since late November for refusing to take the vaccine.

Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin on Aug. 25 directed all military branches to ensure service members receive the vaccine as the number of cases surged over the summer. The deadlines for each branch of the military passed as of Dec. 15, and disciplinary action appeared to immediately follow.

Several Marines who refused to get the shot were granted anonymity by Fox News Digital, so they could speak freely. They said they are witnessing a "political purge" by the Biden administration that is forcing out the military’s "best and brightest" over deeply held beliefs they say are protected by the First Amendment.

"There’s something fundamentally wrong at this point with our nation’s leadership," said a major with more than 17 years of active service. "We are facing an unconstitutional edict that I think is very targeted as a political purge, taking out some of the best and brightest soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines, and guardians from the Space Force."

The Marines who spoke with Fox News said they were on the receiving end of a "blanket" denial of religious exemptions, with their applications being rejected without consideration. Eight separate letters of denial provided to Fox News were nearly identical, citing "military readiness" as the primary reason for rejection.

"I saw one package from a sergeant who had attached, like, 30 pages of material to substantiate why his belief was sincere, under no lawful obligation to do so," the master sergeant said. "And then to have this as a response with no individual inquiry and just a generalized assertion of governmental interest is insulting."

Earlier this month, California Rep. Darrell Issa led a group of Republicans in sending a letter to Biden saying he was committing a "grave mistake" in enforcing his military vaccine mandate.

"As the father of a major in the Judge Advocate General Corps who honorably served our nation in a foreign combat theater, you can fully and uniquely appreciate the sacrifices that our veterans make for America," the letter said. "There is simply no good reason to charge forward, decline all deliberation and recklessly damage – perhaps irreversibly – our nation’s security and force readiness," they wrote.

Link

Political agendas don't win wars. Warriors do.
12-30-2021 07:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: More than 200 Marines have been discharged from military due to vaccine refusal
Quote: Several Marines who refused to get the shot were granted anonymity by Fox News Digital, so they could speak freely. They said they are witnessing a "political purge" by the Biden administration that is forcing out the military’s "best and brightest" over deeply held beliefs they say are protected by the First Amendment.

Somehow I doubt they are the military’s best and brightest.
12-30-2021 07:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: More than 200 Marines have been discharged from military due to vaccine refusal
(12-30-2021 07:34 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  Political agendas don't win wars. Warriors do.

The "leaders" of the Navy and Marine Corps are a bunch of woke lunatics who are more concerned about political correctness to the Nth degree than about winning wars. If I were president, I would fire the whole bunch, find some warriors, and start over.

To give an idea of how deep-seated the problem is, consider the decisions that those "leaders" have made over the last two decades:
- Spending $25B on 35 so-called littoral combat ships (it was worse, originally supposed to be 52) that are of no use in any combat situation, and are particularly ill-suited to a littoral environment
- Spending $14B on the Gerald Ford aircraft carrier, for which the things that don't work include catapults, arresting gear, weapons lifts--and toilets. Worse, committing to build 3 more before getting those things to work.
- Building an "amphibious" force of $3.8B LHAs/LHDs and $2.2B LPDs, which are too big and valuable to be risked close inshore, so they stay 25-50 miles out, from which there are no viable ship-shore connectors for tanks and heavy artillery--boats are too slow, helicopters and V-22s can't lift the weight, and LCACs (air cushion vehicles) are too unreliable to be used in combat. So the Marines have given up tanks and artillery, which confines them to ultralight artillery--basically boy scouts with BB guns. They have effectively killed the amphibious mission of the Marines, without which it's hard to tell what they do.
- Spending $3B apiece on three Zumwalt-class destroyers, which have fancy 155mm guns--for which the Navy has no bullets.
- Neglected warfighting and seamanship training in favor of woke diversity, inclusion and equity (D-I-E, an appropriate acronym because that is what is going to happen in combat) training, with the result that two destroyers have run into merchant ships, a cruiser ran aground right in front of Honolulu airport, and a minesweeper ran aground and had to be totaled.
- Allowed a fire onboard one of those large deck LHDs to cause the ship to be put totally out of commission and scrapped.

The Navy is headed toward uselessness and the Marines may already be there. And it's all because of horrible leadership from the top.
12-30-2021 07:57 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(12-30-2021 07:57 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(12-30-2021 07:34 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  Political agendas don't win wars. Warriors do.

The "leaders" of the Navy and Marine Corps are a bunch of woke lunatics who are more concerned about political correctness to the Nth degree than about winning wars. If I were president, I would fire the whole bunch, find some warriors, and start over.

To give an idea of how deep-seated the problem is, consider the decisions that those "leaders" have made over the last two decades:
- Spending $25B on 35 so-called littoral combat ships (it was worse, originally supposed to be 52) that are of no use in any combat situation, and are particularly ill-suited to a littoral environment
- Spending $14B on the Gerald Ford aircraft carrier, for which the things that don't work include catapults, arresting gear, weapons lifts--and toilets. Worse, committing to build 3 more before getting those things to work.
- Building an "amphibious" force of $3.8B LHAs/LHDs and $2.2B LPDs, which are too big and valuable to be risked close inshore, so they stay 25-50 miles out, from which there are no viable ship-shore connectors for tanks and heavy artillery--boats are too slow, helicopters and V-22s can't lift the weight, and LCACs (air cushion vehicles) are too unreliable to be used in combat. So the Marines have given up tanks and artillery, which confines them to ultralight artillery--basically boy scouts with BB guns. They have effectively killed the amphibious mission of the Marines, without which it's hard to tell what they do.
- Spending $3B apiece on three Zumwalt-class destroyers, which have fancy 155mm guns--for which the Navy has no bullets.
- Neglected warfighting and seamanship training in favor of woke diversity, inclusion and equity (D-I-E, an appropriate acronym because that is what is going to happen in combat) training, with the result that two destroyers have run into merchant ships, a cruiser ran aground right in front of Honolulu airport, and a minesweeper ran aground and had to be totaled.
- Allowed a fire onboard one of those large deck LHDs to cause the ship to be put totally out of commission and scrapped.

The Navy is headed toward uselessness and the Marines may already be there. And it's all because of horrible leadership from the top.

post the deuce, somebody needs to explain what war(s) were worth fighting?!

@zerosum .... unless bush cheney and the entire lot of corpshite bureaucratic fkbags ... and they were late to the ginnin' game...
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2021 08:04 PM by stinkfist.)
12-30-2021 08:02 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(12-30-2021 08:02 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  post the deuce, somebody needs to explain what war(s) were worth fighting?!
@zerosum .... unless bush cheney and the entire lot of corpshite bureaucratic fkbags ... and they were late to the ginnin' game...

The objective of having the strongest military in the world should be to prevent our getting involved in any wars, because nobody dares pick on us, and we don't go around picking on them. It's called a foreign policy of non-intervention. Not isolation, non-intervention. North Korea is isolationist, Switzerland is non-interventionist.
12-30-2021 08:07 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(12-30-2021 08:07 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(12-30-2021 08:02 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  post the deuce, somebody needs to explain what war(s) were worth fighting?!

The objective of having the strongest military in the world should be to prevent our getting involved in any wars, because nobody dares pick on us, and we don't go around picking on them. It's called a foreign policy of non-intervention. Not isolation, non-intervention. North Korea is isolationist, Switzerland is non-interventionist.

XACLY!

as you've mentioned on many occasions, the next big one was/is always $$$ moving forward...

tech and land masses are fully developed and ingrained ... any physical strike is pointless now .... all developed nations lose

however, the future measurement of commerce is still up the air as our debt becomes evermore insolvent ...we're almost there, bubby...
12-30-2021 08:17 PM
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
We are no longer in the business of winning wars. We are in the business of stimulating our economy through wars and using the military as a socio-political experimentation and development farm.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
12-30-2021 08:24 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
China knows what they are doing, don't they? Next we will keep our kids from being educated and little Chinese children will come over here and run our companies. Wait!, What?
12-30-2021 09:08 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC

Even if the modern military knew how to dig a latrine discipline would break down over who could piss in it and whether they could wear a skirt, or could stand or squat to do it, and then nobody would dump lye and bury it.

I knew men who went months without a shower, a hot meal, and lived in foxholes and dug their own latrines. It could be why killing the enemy up close wasn't an issue for them. They accepted the hardship because everyone had to endure it. God help our military if it ever gets personal like it did in '41!
12-30-2021 09:29 PM
CLTPirate Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU
(12-30-2021 09:08 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  China knows what they are doing, don't they? Next we will keep our kids from being educated and little Chinese children will come over here and run our companies. Wait!, What?

Thanks for your casual racism. China is not taking over our schools. The US spends 3x more on its military than China I think we’ll be okay. Also Chinese soldiers are vaccinated as well.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2021 09:35 PM by CLTPirate.)
12-30-2021 09:31 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(12-30-2021 09:29 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Even if the modern military knew how to dig a latrine discipline would break down over who could piss in it and whether they could wear a skirt, or could stand or squat to do it, and then nobody would dump lye and bury it.

Not to mention who would file the environmental impact statement before digging it.
12-30-2021 09:47 PM
Advertisement

Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-30-2021 09:31 PM)CLTPirate Wrote:  
(12-30-2021 09:08 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  China knows what they are doing, don't they? Next we will keep our kids from being educated and little Chinese children will come over here and run our companies. Wait!, What?

Thanks for your casual racism. China is not taking over our schools. The US spends 3x more on its military than China I think we’ll be okay. Also Chinese soldiers are vaccinated as well.

You obviously must be a recent grad. Not very good at comprehension and a prime example of our poor education system in the past 25 years. Amazing you got "China taking over our schools out of that". And I have no idea what "race" you are even referring from my post. I'm praising the Chinese in my post so it can't be the Far East "race". And saying the US outspends another country is laughable. We pay a $billion on fighter jets.
12-30-2021 10:05 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(12-30-2021 10:05 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  

You obviously must be a recent grad. Not very good at comprehension and a prime example of our poor education system in the past 25 years. Amazing you got "China taking over our schools out of that". And I have no idea what "race" you are even referring from my post. I'm praising the Chinese in my post so it can't be the Far East "race". And saying the US outspends another country is laughable. We pay a $billion on fighter jets.

You can lay off him as he's been warned. You would have been notified if your PM was on.
12-30-2021 10:09 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-30-2021 10:09 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

if your PM was on.
Above my pay grade. Looks like it's on to me.
12-30-2021 10:29 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

03-lmfao What a goof. Triggered?
12-30-2021 10:48 PM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU

Wow!!! I knew the Regressives ideology was bad in mainstream American politics but I had no idea it had seeped into our military to this level. I should’ve known just look at the Nilli Vanilli 5 star Lackey General who helped orchestrate the debacle in Afghanistan. I’m still astonished he still has a job. I would figure that much incompetence has no place in our military. Definitely should raise the concerns of all Americans.
12-30-2021 11:03 PM
Advertisement

CLTPirate Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU
(12-30-2021 10:48 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

I wasn’t triggered, this section of the board is basically 98% conservative, if I was triggered I wouldn’t visit. I will admit I was typing fast and mixed some things up but the idea is still incorrect.

Chinas military is vaccinated and they also shutdown schools. So the idea that China has some edge is just incorrect. 200 marines is a tiny amount when you look at the overall size of the US military. It’s like a pebble in the bucket.
12-30-2021 11:19 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Haven’t read,

Disgusting.

What’s the ballpark on training one of these selfless warriors?
A million bucks?

We’re doomed with this mindset.

Y’all starting to figure this out yet?!

Suckers
12-31-2021 12:01 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(12-30-2021 10:29 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  
(12-30-2021 10:09 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

if your PM was on.
Above my pay grade. Looks like it's on to me.

Click on your name. Look to the left of the screen to menu. Go to the 3rd set of boxes labelled "My Profile" and click on the last one "Edit Options" and you will see a box where you can check to permit PM's, or EMails (less private imo). Nobody but you can manage your options.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2021 12:16 AM by JRsec.)
12-31-2021 12:12 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(12-30-2021 11:19 PM)CLTPirate Wrote:  
(12-30-2021 10:48 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

I wasn’t triggered, this section of the board is basically 98% conservative, if I was triggered I wouldn’t visit. I will admit I was typing fast and mixed some things up but the idea is still incorrect.

Chinas military is vaccinated and they also shutdown schools. So the idea that China has some edge is just incorrect. 200 marines is a tiny amount when you look at the overall size of the US military. It’s like a pebble in the bucket.

And you think that there are only 200 who refuse to be jabbed?

Serious question: If you wanted to topple the mightiest government in the world what would you do differently than your butt bumping buddies in Washington have done so far?

Come on man, your boy has erased our energy independence with the stroke of a pen. He's participated in the greatest global scam the world has ever seen with this so called "pandemic". He's in the process of removing true warriors to weaken our military. He's made the USA a laughingstock on the world stage.

Can you list any other accomplishments of his administration?
12-31-2021 09:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.