Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OHIO AND BUFFALO GAMES POSTPONED
Bookmark and Share
Miggy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Eastern Michigan and Tem
OHIO AND BUFFALO GAMES POSTPONED
Ohio and Buffalo games are postponed! See Schedule.

Per MAC Rules, games can only be postponed if a MAC team has less than 7-players and a coach ready to play. Best wishes for a full-recovery by all EMU players, coaches, and staff, who have Covid.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021 10:05 AM by Miggy.)
12-27-2021 11:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: OHIO AND BUFFALO GAMES POSTPONED
(12-27-2021 11:51 AM)Miggy Wrote:  Ohio and Buffalo games are postponed! See Schedule.

Per MAC Rules, games can only be postponed if a MAC team has less than 7-players and a coach ready to play. Best wishes for a full-recovery by all EMU players, coaches, and staff, who have Covid.

Here it goes again…..hopefully everyone stays healthy!
12-27-2021 01:26 PM
Miggy Offline
1st String

(12-27-2021 01:26 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  
(12-27-2021 11:51 AM)Miggy Wrote:  Ohio and Buffalo games are postponed! See Schedule.

EMU has released press statement that both games have been postponed. Says both games may be re-scheduled and if not than game or games will ne considered a no-contest.

Press release makes no mention of how many EMU players, coaches, or staff have the Covid virus.

Read post by EMU fan on Ohio Message board who states he drove 9-hours today with his young son to see his first ever EMU game only to learn tomorrow’s game is cancelled.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021 03:25 PM by Miggy.)
12-27-2021 03:25 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

I don't normally pay any I mean any posts by what ever this person's name it goes by, but! I have to this time!

That was very cold if not down mean to only wish EMU staff and players the best wishes! How does it know that it's only EMU with COVID? 04-chairshot My hope is that all get better and no one suffers from this terrible virus. 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021 04:54 PM by emussuperfan.)
12-27-2021 04:53 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

(12-27-2021 03:25 PM)Miggy Wrote:  

EMU has released press statement that both games have been postponed. Says both games may be re-scheduled and if not than game or games will ne considered a no-contest.

Press release makes no mention of how many EMU players, coaches, or staff have the Covid virus.

Read post by EMU fan on Ohio Message board who states he drove 9-hours today with his young son to see his first ever EMU game only to learn tomorrow’s game is cancelled.

Does “no-contest” mean “forfeit” or is it “draw”
12-27-2021 04:53 PM
Miggy Offline
1st String

(12-27-2021 04:53 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  
(12-27-2021 03:25 PM)Miggy Wrote:  

Does “no-contest” mean “forfeit” or is it “draw”

For now, doesn’t count as a game played. Will if teams reschedule the postponed games. If not re-schemed, games are a no-contest. A game is only forfeited if a team has requisite number of players (7) and refuses to play.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021 05:08 PM by Miggy.)
12-27-2021 04:59 PM
Advertisement

Miggy Offline
1st String

The only times to try-schedule the Ohio and Buffalo games are in late February and just before the MAC Tournament starts. And even then EMU would have but two days rest before they play their first game in the Tournament.

It’s my understanding the some players who are not ill are able to participate in individual daily work-outs.

Will be interesting to see if EMU will start practicing as a team on January 2nd or thereabouts.

If so, would EMU still play it’s scheduled game at Western Michigan on Jan.4th?

If they do, EMU has a chance to start MAC play with a 4-0 record.

For if the present schedule is kept EMU would start the season playing at Western Michigan (Jan.4th) that Massey says EMU has a 68 percent chance of beating, followed at home by Ball State (Jan.8th) that Massey says EMU has a 60 percent chance of beating, followed at home by Central Michigan (Jan.11th) that Massey says EMU has a 77 percent of beating, followed away at Northern Illinois (Jan.15th) that Masssy says EMU has a 51 percent chance of winning.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021 09:16 AM by Miggy.)
12-27-2021 11:20 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

(12-27-2021 04:53 PM)emussuperfan Wrote:  

I don't normally pay any I mean any posts by what ever this person's name it goes by, but! I have to this time!

That was very cold if not down mean to only wish EMU staff and players the best wishes! How does it know that it's only EMU with COVID? 04-chairshot My hope is that all get better and no one suffers from this terrible virus. 07-coffee3

Yeesh, you are being melodramatic. Miggy is specifically providing inside info that EMU is down under 7 players and as well as coaches- the reason for the postponement. And following that up with well wishes for those he knows are sick. I appreciate Miggy’s inside info. 07-coffee3

Otherwise, what is the point of your conjecture, Super? 07-coffee3
12-28-2021 12:20 AM
Miggy Offline
1st String

(12-28-2021 12:20 AM)RamyEMU Wrote:  

Yeesh, you are being melodramatic. Miggy is specifically providing inside info that EMU is down under 7 players and as well as coaches- the reason for the postponement. And following that up with well wishes for those he knows are sick. I appreciate Miggy’s inside info. 07-coffee3

EMUsuperfan, I only have been told that those sick are part of EMU’s men’s bb program. So stop with the unwarranted insults. Thanks EMURamy for stating the obvious.
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2021 03:12 AM by Miggy.)
12-28-2021 03:11 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Until the COVID situation becomes more clear I won't be attending any in person EMU basketball games. Honestly it would be helpful for all concerned if they went back to a no fans policy to protect everyone.
12-28-2021 08:58 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu

I am sure the sports betting services appreciate the information.
12-28-2021 08:59 AM
Advertisement

Miggy Offline
1st String

Wonder if EMU players can return per CDC policy to team practice 5 days after showing no symptoms?
12-28-2021 10:07 AM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

He doesn't have any inside information.
12-28-2021 11:04 AM
Miggy Offline
1st String

(12-28-2021 11:04 AM)emussuperfan Wrote:  He doesn't have any inside information.

Why do you act like a know it all? Should be asking me, not making pronouncements. If you had read my posts, you would see that I know some EMU bb players. Go back to not reading my posts.

Even you should figure out since EMU postponed two games, and under MAC Covid rules can only do so if seven players are sick that EMU has seven sick players. No need to say publicly who in BB program are sick.
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2021 11:28 AM by Miggy.)
12-28-2021 11:13 AM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

I just got an email. I know more now.
12-28-2021 01:34 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

(12-28-2021 03:11 AM)Miggy Wrote:  

EMUsuperfan, I only have been told that those sick are part of EMU’s men’s bb program. So stop with the unwarranted insults. Thanks EMURamy for stating the obvious.

100% agree that there is no need/room for insults here.
12-29-2021 12:06 AM
Advertisement

Miggy Offline
1st String

(12-29-2021 12:06 AM)RamyEMU Wrote:  
(12-28-2021 03:11 AM)Miggy Wrote:  
(12-27-2021 01:26 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  Here it goes again…..hopefully everyone stays healthy!

100% agree that there is no need/room for insults here.

Especially when EMUsuperfan complained about my not extending a get well to sick people who had nothing to do with EMU postponing it’s games. Truly bizarre. Refuses to man-up and apologize.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022 07:38 AM by Miggy.)
12-29-2021 12:54 AM
Miggy Offline
1st String

If EMU is not able to re-schedule it’s 2-postponed games they will be considered “no-contest” games. As such, EMU will play just 18-conference games.

If both games are not re-scheduled, EMU will only face Ohio at home and Buffalo on the road. EMU is scheduled to only face Toledo once at home.

So, it’s possible that EMU will only one time face the here tly projected three-top ranked teams in the MAC, and 2 of those 3 games will be played at the George Gervin Convo Center.

EMU also just plays Akron once at Akron.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022 07:35 AM by Miggy.)
12-29-2021 10:14 AM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(12-29-2021 10:14 AM)Miggy Wrote:  If EMU is not able to re-schedule it’s postponed games against both Ohio and Buffalo, they will be considered “no-contest” games. As such, EMU will play just 18-conference games.

If both games are not re-scheduled, EMU will only face Ohio at home and Buffalo on the road. EMU is scheduled to only face Toledo once at home.

So, it’s possible that EMU will only face one time the three-top ranked teams in the MAC, and 2 of those 3 games are being played at the George Gervin Convo Center.

Great news for EMu but hopefully we get the games rescheduled. I don’t want to back into a top 5 spot.
12-29-2021 11:21 AM
Miggy Offline
1st String

(12-29-2021 11:21 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  
(12-29-2021 10:14 AM)Miggy Wrote:  If EMU is not able to re-schedule it’s postponed games against both Ohio and Buffalo, they will be considered “no-contest” games. As such, EMU will play just 18-conference games.

So, it’s possible that EMU will not play one of the three-top ranked teams more than once. and 2 of those 3 games will
Becplayed at the George Gervin Convo Center.

Great news for EMU but hopefully we get the games rescheduled. I don’t want to back into a top 5 spot.

Re-scheduling those games will mess-up EMU preparing for other games as the EMU will likely have to play three-games in a row with only two days rest between games.

If any of EMU’s other conference opponents pull out of a game due to Covid, neither Ohio or Buffalo can play on those dates as they have scheduled games around the same time.

As long as EMU plays at least one game against each top-ranked MAC teams, I won’t consider EMU backing in to a high finish in the conference’s standings.

If a MAC team has but 8-players ready to play and decides to cancel the game rather than play it under the MAC’s current rules that will result in a forfeit. Don’t want to see that happen.

The Covid virus is spreading like a wild fire. It’s so uncertain now as to how MAC conference will be played.

Just hoping that following the MAC season, there’s both a MAC and NCAA Tournaments for a MAC team to play in.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022 07:31 AM by Miggy.)
12-29-2021 11:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.