Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

All CAA Holden wanted to come to JMU
Bookmark and Share
UofRfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Richmond
All CAA Holden wanted to come to JMU
I guess its nice to have standards but lets not add too much difficulty here...

Quote:HOLDEN OUT
JMU will face a depleted Towson team on Friday as the Tigers found out UT-Martin transfer Cam Holden is out for a month after breaking his jaw. Holden was making an early case for CAA Player of the Year, averaging 13.8 points, 9.5 rebounds, 2.9 assists and 1.6 steals per game while shooting better than 41 percent from 3-point range.

Interestingly, Holden told the Daily News-Record last summer he had hoped to commit to James Madison, but had credits in his major that didn’t transfer to JMU.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2021 04:55 PM by UofRfan.)
12-26-2021 04:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
RE: All CAA Holden wanted to come to JMU
(12-26-2021 04:54 PM)UofRfan Wrote:  I guess its nice to have standards but lets not add too much difficulty here...

Quote:HOLDEN OUT
JMU will face a depleted Towson team on Friday as the Tigers found out UT-Martin transfer Cam Holden is out for a month after breaking his jaw. Holden was making an early case for CAA Player of the Year, averaging 13.8 points, 9.5 rebounds, 2.9 assists and 1.6 steals per game while shooting better than 41 percent from 3-point range.

Interestingly, Holden told the Daily News-Record last summer he had hoped to commit to James Madison, but had credits in his major that didn’t transfer to JMU.
Not sure why, according to his UT-Martin bio he was majoring in Education.
12-26-2021 05:32 PM
UofRfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Richmond
Know nothing about this specific case but I'm told you guys dont accept Ds. Cant with a straight face call this a bad policy but still sucks competitors do.
12-26-2021 05:56 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
(12-26-2021 05:56 PM)UofRfan Wrote:  Know nothing about this specific case but I'm told you guys dont accept Ds. Cant with a straight face call this a bad policy but still sucks competitors do.
That was what I was guessing, shame on any school that would accept those grades.
12-26-2021 06:02 PM
Advertisement

Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
(12-26-2021 06:02 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  
(12-26-2021 05:56 PM)UofRfan Wrote:  Know nothing about this specific case but I'm told you guys dont accept Ds. Cant with a straight face call this a bad policy but still sucks competitors do.
That was what I was guessing, shame on any school that would accept those grades.

I don’t know of any university that would accept a “D” in transfer. That’s pretty much an accreditation standard, but we’ll never know exactly what Towson and this player worked out.

JMU does have rules regarding the minimum number of credits that must be completed at JMU to graduate, and JMU’s COE may have higher GPA requirements in the major or certain core coursework that would not allow certain credits to be applied to the degree, even if the transfer credits were a grade of “C”
12-26-2021 08:32 PM
PhillyDuke Offline
Special Teams

Hard to have any discussion about accepting Ds with a straight face.
12-27-2021 08:08 PM
Dukester Online

(12-27-2021 08:08 PM)PhillyDuke Wrote:  

Hard to have any discussion about accepting Ds with a straight face.

So if I kid had two Ds are you telling me we definitely would not accept Doub.....

Ah, never mind.
12-28-2021 01:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.