UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mississippi Valley State University
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

I Root For: UAB
MyBB Mississippi Valley State University
MVSU (358) is 0-9 on the season. That KenPom ranking of 358 means they are the worst team in the country right now. UAB (53) is now 9-3.

KenPom has it UAB 94 - MVSU 56.

The Massey Composite has Mississippi Valley at 355 and UAB at 54.
12-21-2021 11:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

RE: Mississippi Valley State University
The coach for MVSU is Lindsey Hunter. He is a former NBA player of many years and was an outstanding player for Jackson State.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsey_Hunter
12-21-2021 11:16 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Christmas break crowd going to be light. Might be the smallest crowd for a MBB game I’ve been to. At tip time, there are four students in the student section.
12-22-2021 07:26 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Has Ryan Donohoo been on the roster all year and I’m just noticing, or is he a new add?
12-22-2021 07:29 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
7-15 MSVU is kicking our ass.
12-22-2021 07:40 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
More people have filled in. Six more students showed up. Our team showed up a little as well. Up three, 27-24
12-22-2021 07:58 PM
Advertisement

ReedFlippo Offline
Water Engineer

(12-22-2021 07:26 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  Christmas break crowd going to be light. Might be the smallest crowd for a MBB game I’ve been to. At tip time, there are four students in the student section.

I think our student section had 0 students in it during the Grambling game until a few minutes after tip. 4 or 5 students eventually filed in but that was it. I wish we could blame it all on Christmas break, but think about how many local students we have. No excuse.
12-22-2021 07:59 PM
bftb Offline
Go Blazers!

(12-22-2021 07:29 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  Has Ryan Donohoo been on the roster all year and I’m just noticing, or is he a new add?

I noticed him too. I don’t think he has dressed before tonight. Or at least I haven’t noticed.
12-22-2021 08:01 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

UAB 40 - MSVS 28, halftime
12-22-2021 08:14 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
Thanks to a nice 70% 3 points shooting for the half, we lead 40-28.
12-22-2021 08:17 PM
UABrandon Online
1st String

I Root For: UAB/Arizona
if we blow them out, does it help our NET more than if we just won by single digits
12-22-2021 08:18 PM
Advertisement

Dracorex Offline
Heisman

(12-22-2021 07:59 PM)ReedFlippo Wrote:  
(12-22-2021 07:26 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  Christmas break crowd going to be light. Might be the smallest crowd for a MBB game I’ve been to. At tip time, there are four students in the student section.

I think our student section had 0 students in it during the Grambling game until a few minutes after tip. 4 or 5 students eventually filed in but that was it. I wish we could blame it all on Christmas break, but think about how many local students we have. No excuse.

There are a lot of other things that kids can do than watch us blow out a team that doesn't belong on the same court as us. These crap games have to stop.
From OP,
"MVSU (358) is 0-9 on the season. That KenPom ranking of 358 means they are the worst team in the country right now"
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2021 08:33 PM by Dracorex.)
12-22-2021 08:32 PM
BlazerDave Offline
1st String

(12-22-2021 08:32 PM)Dracorex Wrote:  
(12-22-2021 07:59 PM)ReedFlippo Wrote:  

There are a lot of other things that kids can do than watch us blow out a team that doesn't belong on the same court as us. These crap games have to stop.
From OP,
"MVSU (358) is 0-9 on the season. That KenPom ranking of 358 means they are the worst team in the country right now"

Hell, I didn't want to be there either
Left at the half. BWW's is more entertaining than watching us struggle against a winless team. Merry Christmas y'all!
12-22-2021 08:38 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
Trey Jemison got caught out on a 5-9 dude on the perimeter who was just sort of dancing in place trying to shake him. Trey shouted “Just shoot it” and the guy did, hitting a 3 in his face. He then got up in Trey’s grill running up the court talking trash (looked like a chihuahua yapping at a great dane)

Trey pushed him off with his forearm, and since the dude is a midget, the forearm hit him in the face.

Tech on the midget for taunting. Flagrant foul on Jemison for midget tossing.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2021 08:48 PM by BlazerMatt.)
12-22-2021 08:47 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
They have midget tossing and wrestling on Sand Mountain. Not even joking.
12-22-2021 09:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BandGrad Offline
Heisman

(12-22-2021 08:47 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  Trey Jemison got caught out on a 5-9 dude on the perimeter who was just sort of dancing in place trying to shake him. Trey shouted “Just shoot it” and the guy did, hitting a 3 in his face. He then got up in Trey’s grill running up the court talking trash (looked like a chihuahua yapping at a great dane)

Trey pushed him off with his forearm, and since the dude is a midget, the forearm hit him in the face.

Tech on the midget for taunting. Flagrant foul on Jemison for midget tossing.

This might be the funniest thing I’ve seen in here in five years.
12-22-2021 10:08 PM
Advertisement

KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

100-58, final
12-22-2021 10:20 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
Against the worst team in the country, Quan still 3-10 to score 8 points. He continues to put up abysmal offensive numbers. We are letting him shoot too much. He had 4 turnovers, as well.
12-22-2021 10:54 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
Locure didn't play and wasn't even listed on the box score. Is he leaving the team or something? What's going on?
12-22-2021 10:55 PM
bftb Offline
Go Blazers!

I usually enjoy an occasional blowout against an inferior team, but these games are yawners, and totally unproductive, except to get the walk-on a few minutes. We have played a D-II exhibition, two non-scholarship D-III teams that aren’t even any good at their level, and three SWAC
teams that are currently in the bottom 27 of the 358 D-I teams in the Net ratings. We would probably get more out of a shirts and skins scrimmage.
12-22-2021 10:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.