Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
Morgan State Cancelled
What did they cancel? Football?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
12-20-2021 05:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
RE: Morgan State Cancelled
(12-20-2021 05:05 PM)Purplehazed Wrote:  Bummer.

Does this get rescheduled?

12-20-2021 06:00 PM
Dignan Offline
1st String

(12-20-2021 06:00 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  

Playing Duke unexpectedly sure would have been interesting. Shame we didn’t get to see that.
12-20-2021 06:03 PM
MarginalDuke Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
(12-20-2021 06:03 PM)Dignan Wrote:  
(12-20-2021 06:00 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  

Playing Duke unexpectedly sure would have been interesting. Shame we didn’t get to see that.

I’m pretty sure we were close to playing UNC last year due to Covid cancellations and then of course our UMD game was cancelled as well.
12-20-2021 06:55 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

Think we are going to see more of this all over college sports in the coming weeks. Hopefully it can be kept under control soon.

Brian
12-20-2021 07:14 PM
Advertisement

Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Playing at Duke would have been an easy travel road game for JMU fans in Richmond and Hampton Roads.
Something has to break right for us and any game will be a huge upgrade over Morgan State.
Lemons into Lemonade. Here we go.
If the guys come back from Christmas break on Monday we could possibly have games on December 27, 28, 29 (probably not Dec 30 to avoid back to back, but what if Maryland was available Dec 30? Have to say yes to that and stay in the same Hotel before playing At Towson the next night.

The Easiest travel game with current availabilities are UNC, Kentucky, Tennessee
12-20-2021 07:50 PM
Centdukesfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud
These cancellations are so unbelievably stupid. Its even more frustrating that morgan state wont be transparent about what "covid protocols" they are following.
12-20-2021 07:56 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
(12-20-2021 07:56 PM)Centdukesfan Wrote:  These cancellations are so unbelievably stupid. Its even more frustrating that morgan state wont be transparent about what "covid protocols" they are following.
They’re obviously not up to our standards

Quote: “We practiced this morning in Harrisonburg,” JMU coach Mark Byington said Monday. “Everything was loaded and we were about 20 minutes away from pulling out when Morgan State gave us a call they had at least four positives and a couple of non-vaccinated guys in quarantine. They called us back and added two more guys with positive cases.”

The JMU men’s basketball squad is 100-percent vaccinated and the Dukes’ athletic department is more than 98-percent vaccinated as a whole, which leaves JMU subject to minimal testing and contact tracing.
12-20-2021 08:02 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
Great participation rate among JMU's athletic community members.
12-20-2021 10:11 PM
Dignan Offline
1st String

Yeah but we’re at a point now where whether you’re vaccinated or not is no longer a total shield. The new variant seems to cause a lot of breakthrough infections. We have had several positives at work lately, all vaccinated.
12-21-2021 01:24 AM
Advertisement

Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-20-2021 07:14 PM)ParentofJMUMRDs Wrote:  Think we are going to see more of this all over college sports in the coming weeks. Hopefully it can be kept under control soon.

Brian

Yes, I’m afraid you’re correct about more of these cancellations happening.

I was out doing a bit of shopping over the last couple of days. At least 4 out of 5 people weren’t wearing masks. I hope they were vaccinated.

Three days ago the CDC reported around .3 % (that’s point 3 percent) of all COVID cases were the Omicron variant. That has (in just three days!) jumped to 73% of all COVID cases. Reports are the Omicron variant is as infectious and as easily transmissible as the measles, and has far surpassed the Delta variant (which is still circulating). People with 2 vaccines plus a booster shot (Pfizer or Moderna) are about 72% protected, and if infected are dealing with minor bouts of illness.

As Yoga Berra once said this ain’t over til it’s over. People who are not vaccinated are going to continue to suffer the most and help the virus have time to mutate again.

Stay safe folks.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021 07:26 AM by Longhorn.)
12-21-2021 07:24 AM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

NHL has halted the season, probably won't be the only ones to do so. Thankfully it's briefly though, players return Sunday for testing and practice then games resume Monday.
12-21-2021 08:19 AM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

So what are the odds that the Penn game will be played? I’m guessing less and less by the day.
The IVY league overdid it last year and cancelled their whole season when others found a way to play. I won’t be surprised if they place restrictions on their member institutions as things develop.

It wouldn’t be a big miss with Penn only being 3-10, but the losing the chance to play in the iconic Palestra would be a big miss.
12-21-2021 10:30 AM
hburg Offline

Morgan State Cancelled
I had the delta variant in September and had it moderate (hospital for 5 days). Certainly nothing to not take seriously, I believe I may have already had the omicron this past week and it was a cake walk. Sore throat, fatigue, and rough voice for about a week with a mild cough. Got it from my daughters who were at daycare where two individuals tested positive.

Omicron is much milder and it is a good thing it has now become the dominant strain over the others.

It stinks that teams are at will canceling games etc.
Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021 10:44 AM by hburg.)
12-21-2021 10:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jmu98 Online
All American

(12-21-2021 10:30 AM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  So what are the odds that the Penn game will be played? I’m guessing less and less by the day.
The IVY league overdid it last year and cancelled their whole season when others found a way to play. I won’t be surprised if they place restrictions on their member institutions as things develop.

It wouldn’t be a big miss with Penn only being 3-10, but the losing the chance to play in the iconic Palestra would be a big miss.

Plan on heading to the game and put it at about 25% chance as of now.

While Penn is 3-10 they have been pretty competitive in most games.
12-21-2021 12:43 PM
Advertisement

PhillyDuke Offline
Special Teams

(12-21-2021 10:30 AM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  So what are the odds that the Penn game will be played? I’m guessing less and less by the day.

I agree. This game is going to get canceled. The Ivy League loves shutting things down due to COVID.

My wife is a university employee and the school is already functioning in somethng of a soft lockdown. All large scale indoor events have been canceled since last week - it just so happens Penn hasnt played a game since losing a nailbiter to LaSalle 10 days ago - so it hasnt impacted mens basketball.
12-21-2021 10:30 PM
DaBigBlue Online
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
Looked like 14 MBB games canceled tonite.
12-21-2021 11:55 PM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

Even if this doesn't get rescheduled, could it be possible that not having this game would actually benefit us? Playing them would bring down our SOS. I do think we'll be able to schedule someone, but I hope it's a team that could actually help our SOS.
12-22-2021 08:51 AM
jmufan2008 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes

Since we're not bound to the CAA and won't lose anything by cancelling CAA games, we're definitely holding open the chance that we cancel a game like W&M at home later on if we can replace it with a high major. As long as they happen, we just need to win @Penn and then pull the win @Towson on NYE. As of now that's our toughest remaining game (3rd toughest overall, just behind UVA, but far behind Murray St who is turning out to be VERY good this year). If we can win @Towson, then anything is on the table. A close loss and our chances drop considerably. A double-digit loss and we can go ahead and start hoping we stay high enough for an NIT invite.
12-22-2021 09:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.