Here We Go Again
12-17-2021 01:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NUGUY Offline
1st String

I Root For: nu
RE: Here We Go Again
Your post scared me. I was afraid that we had another injury or that the game was cancelled because of Covid......which is probably only a matter of time.
12-17-2021 05:06 PM
NUFan35 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Northeastern
Yes, with our recent injuries, it could have easily been that. I am worried we are heading towards cancellations again. There have already been tons around the country so maybe just a matter of time
12-18-2021 09:47 AM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

I'm more than worried. This year looks like it will be worse than last year in terms of cancelled games.
12-18-2021 10:05 AM
Advertisement

NUGUY Offline
1st String

No Vermont game. We are on Covid pause.
12-18-2021 11:28 AM
geewizNU Offline
All American

From NU hoops Twitter…

Sunday's game against Vermont has been cancelled due to positive COVID-19 test results within the Northeastern program.

The Huskies are scheduled to return to action on Wednesday vs. St. Bonaventure.
12-18-2021 12:11 PM
Zorch Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
(12-18-2021 10:05 AM)NUGUY Wrote:  I'm more than worried. This year looks like it will be worse than last year in terms of cancelled games.

It might be worse because of the contagiousness of Omicron — but remember the CAA had the highest percentage of cancellations last year. If this year is worse then the CAA might as well not play at all. That could be a blessing in disguise for W&M this year.
12-18-2021 10:13 PM
Advertisement

NUGUY Offline
1st String

(12-18-2021 10:13 PM)Zorch Wrote:  
(12-18-2021 10:05 AM)NUGUY Wrote:  I'm more than worried. This year looks like it will be worse than last year in terms of cancelled games.

It might be worse because of the contagiousness of Omicron — but remember the CAA had the highest percentage of cancellations last year. If this year is worse then the CAA might as well not play at all. That could be a blessing in disguise for W&M this year.

It looks like Omicron is much more transmissable so there will be more cases but most people who test positive have no symptoms or have mild flulike symptoms. I wouldn't shut down the season because of a bad flu season but with the political people now in charge who knows? Omicron might even turn out to be a good thing..........if everyone gets it, has the sniffles for a few days and is left with the antibodies that can fight off future Covid attacks.
12-19-2021 11:02 AM
geewizNU Offline
All American

(12-19-2021 11:02 AM)NUGUY Wrote:  
(12-18-2021 10:13 PM)Zorch Wrote:  

It looks like Omicron is much more transmissable so there will be more cases but most people who test positive have no symptoms or have mild flulike symptoms. I wouldn't shut down the season because of a bad flu season but with the political people now in charge who knows? Omicron might even turn out to be a good thing..........if everyone gets it, has the sniffles for a few days and is left with the antibodies that can fight off future Covid attacks.

It has nothing to do with politics.

I’m recovering from getting Covid-19 that I contracted in Boston going out for beers after going to the NU-Colgate game. I had to miss work all last week and I only had cold-like symptoms. I feel great now but I still can pass it along to someone right now without a mask. I still will test positive at this moment despite feeling great. You can still pass this on to someone who isn’t vaccinated or someone who is.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021 01:54 PM by geewizNU.)
12-19-2021 01:53 PM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
(12-19-2021 11:02 AM)NUGUY Wrote:  It looks like Omicron is much more transmissable so there will be more cases but most people who test positive have no symptoms or have mild flulike symptoms. I wouldn't shut down the season because of a bad flu season but with the political people now in charge who knows? Omicron might even turn out to be a good thing..........if everyone gets it, has the sniffles for a few days and is left with the antibodies that can fight off future Covid attacks.
That might sound good, but there are unvaccinated people (and occasionally vaccinated people) who need hospitalization, and if literally everyone in the country got it at once, so many people would die or know somebody who died that it would be catastrophic to mental health. There is no such thing as a guarantee that Covid won't get worse. I hope that each team gets no more than one outbreak so teams that have an outbreak already recover and don't have another one.
12-19-2021 02:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NUGUY Offline
1st String

It has nothing to do with politics.

If California or NY banned indoor sports I wouldn't be shocked. If Florida or Texas did I would be. I have no idea what the future holds but right now it looks more like a flu. In places that have had Omicron longer than us like the UK....they have about twenty-five thousand cases as of yesterday and seven deaths......and probably lots more infections where people are asymptomatic.

PS. Glad to hear you're feeling better!
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021 09:16 PM by NUGUY.)
12-19-2021 04:39 PM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

(12-19-2021 04:39 PM)NUGUY Wrote:  It has nothing to do with politics.

If California or NY banned indoor sports I wouldn't be shocked. If Florida or Texas did I would be. I have no idea what the future holds but right now it looks more like a flu. In places that have had Omicron longer than us like the UK....they have about twenty-five thousand cases as of yesterday and seven deaths......and probably lots more infections where people are asymptomatic.

PS. Glad to hear you're feeling better!

By the way.....the Omicron variet is very different. It doesn't replicate very well in the lungs....which is what sent folks to the ICU for ventilator treatment. Omicron seems limited to the throat and bronchial tubes. For me, I think it is irrational to predict dire results based on who knows what.
12-19-2021 09:36 PM
geewizNU Offline
All American

From the NU hoops Twitter…

Wednesday's game against St. Bonaventure has been cancelled due to positive COVID-19 test results within the Northeastern program. The game will not be rescheduled.

The Huskies are scheduled to return to action on Dec. 29 at Elon.
12-20-2021 12:53 PM
Advertisement

SomebodyToLove Offline
Special Teams

Ugh

Hoping everyone here who has/had COVID recovers fully and hope every has a healthy rest of the year.

Hoping this won't affect conference play.
12-20-2021 03:19 PM
NUFan35 Offline
2nd String

17 days off sounds like a disastrous way to start an 18 game conference schedule that starts with an 8 game in 20 day sprint.

I really hope the CAA does better this year than the clown show operation they conducted last year. We were the worst in terms of games played. Otherwise, let's just all rest until March 6 and show up for the tourney, which is what happened last year to a large degree.
12-20-2021 05:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.