UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

This Saturday looms to be one of the biggest in Blazer Athletics history!
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
This Saturday looms to be one of the biggest in Blazer Athletics history!
Too bad the importance of this weekend is not match by the level of conversation on this board.

I'll check back after watching the 4 pm showing of Spider Man: No Way Home!
12-16-2021 04:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
RE: This Saturday looms to be one of the biggest in Blazer Athletics history!
Why discuss a huge sports weekend when we could spend a whole page disagreeing about grammar
12-16-2021 06:04 PM
kdblazer Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
I'll be @ the bowl game updating this board as much as possible. Hopefully for those @ the bball game can do the same as well. This weekend will demand a lot of fun posts and reading. BlazerTalk should be very busy Saturday.
12-16-2021 06:10 PM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

I don’t think it’s that important. Win or lose it’s not going to change much of anything, other than personal enjoyment of the weekend
12-16-2021 06:22 PM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
I've got my gold chains ready for the ceremonial self flagellation. If figure if I whip myself good Saturday morning while screaming out the starting 5 of our 2004 basketball team, maybe UAB will keep penalties below 10 and shoot above 30% from 3.

I'm not above killing a live chicken but **** sake those things are expensive right now.
12-16-2021 06:24 PM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

(12-16-2021 06:24 PM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  I've got my gold chains ready for the ceremonial self flagellation. If figure if I whip myself good Saturday morning while screaming out the starting 5 of our 2004 basketball team, maybe UAB will keep penalties below 10 and shoot above 30% from 3.

I'm not above killing a live chicken but **** sake those things are expensive right now.

I’m going to serve some rum to my Taylor Twins bobble heads, Jobu style.
12-16-2021 06:34 PM
Advertisement

BlazerGreen Offline
All American

(12-16-2021 06:34 PM)DuelingDragon Wrote:  
(12-16-2021 06:24 PM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  I've got my gold chains ready for the ceremonial self flagellation. If figure if I whip myself good Saturday morning while screaming out the starting 5 of our 2004 basketball team, maybe UAB will keep penalties below 10 and shoot above 30% from 3.

I’m going to serve some rum to my Taylor Twins bobble heads, Jobu style.

Good one. I'm gonna take my foam Blazers Sword from the Big Gay Vikings days and....yeah never mind. Moving on.
12-16-2021 06:44 PM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

It’s a bigger weekend for Bill. A win would give him the signature win that he can point to on his resume, when applying elsewhere. Would help recruiting and be nice leading into next season. Maybe it helps put more butts in seats.

If things go like Ken Pom expects, Saturday don’t really mean much for hoops in the grand scheme of things. But, the hoops game is bigger to me. I’m more of a basketball fanatic, anyways.

If we show up to Shreveport and open the game with the intensity that we did in San An, I think we win by double digits
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2021 07:35 PM by BlazinBham.)
12-16-2021 07:31 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(12-16-2021 06:04 PM)LairDweller Wrote:  Why discuss a huge sports weekend when we could spend a whole page disagreeing about grammar

You forgot the question mark. Just sayin'.....lol.
12-16-2021 07:49 PM
DragonClaw Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB Blazers
I'll be happy if we go 1 - 1.
12-17-2021 03:33 PM
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

My in-laws planned family Christmas gathering tomorrow, which has made me very sad

In the best news that’s happened to me…thanks to some non-serious illness, and erring on the side of caution….gathering canceled!!!
12-17-2021 04:14 PM
Advertisement

bftb Offline
Go Blazers!

I tend to agree that this COULD BE one of the biggest days in UAB athletics history. We play a ranked team in a mid-range bowl game (that wasn’t invented for ESPN) that will be nationally televised on a major broadcast network. That team has won a national championship in the past, and won six games against Power 5 schools THIS SEASON. (In contrast, off the top of my head I think we have a total of four wins against P-5 schools in our history, and two of those were against lowly Baylor. And the last one was 17 years ago.) So a win could be a huge step for a program, and help bring some legitimacy in the eyes of locals who might buy tickets next year.

In basketball, we will be playing a historic program and coach, and a win would put us on the radar nationally and locally. We haven’t beaten a “major” in a while, and could really use the win for our resume and to build some confidence for league play. And again, it would get us some legitimacy in the eyes of casual fans that we really need to come back to Bartow this season. We certainly have the talent to compete and win. I only hope we don’t come out and struggle early on the bigger stage like we have in a few other games against quality opponents this season.

I hope we get at least one win Saturday. Two would make for a wonderful Christmas. Go Blazers.
12-17-2021 11:32 PM
BlazerBlitz Offline
Water Engineer

Gerrit Prince is a future NFL tight end. UAB doesn’t throw enough to Prince. To beat BYU UAB should target Prince a lot with short high percentage passes and let Prince show what he can do in space after the catch.
12-18-2021 01:42 AM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

YoutubeTV drops all the Disney owned channels last night, including ABC and ESPN.

Son of a ******* *****.
12-18-2021 06:56 AM
C-Finder Offline
All American

(12-18-2021 06:56 AM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  YoutubeTV drops all the Disney owned channels last night, including ABC and ESPN.

Son of a ******* *****.

Some folks still upload the live games on YouTube anyway
12-18-2021 07:21 AM
BroBill Offline
Water Engineer

(12-18-2021 06:56 AM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  YoutubeTV drops all the Disney owned channels last night, including ABC and ESPN.

Son of a ******* *****.

Let's hope YouTube TV and Disney reach an agreement soon, as this carriage dispute not only includes ABC but most all ESPN properties as well.

I think I'll try a week's free trial of Hulu Live and pause my YouTube subscription if a deal isn't reached by my next YouTube TV payment date. (Pausing your YouTube TV subscription stops billing but saves your recordings until/if you resume service.)

For UAB/BYU today, almost any antenna will give you over-the-air ABC.

Good luck!
12-18-2021 08:47 AM
Advertisement

Pavy78 Offline
Special Teams

(12-18-2021 08:47 AM)BroBill Wrote:  

Son of a ******* *****.

Let's hope YouTube TV and Disney reach an agreement soon, as this carriage dispute not only includes ABC but most all ESPN properties as well.

I think I'll try a week's free trial of Hulu Live and pause my YouTube subscription if a deal isn't reached by my next YouTube TV payment date. (Pausing your YouTube TV subscription stops billing but saves your recordings until/if you resume service.)

Good luck!

Hulu Live doesn't include Fox6, ESPNU, ESPN News without paying extra (or AMC, so my wife wouldn't survive). I started a 7 day trial of Fubo TV this morning. So far it is great. The price is in line with YoutubeTV and has a little more content and 10 streams, rather than 3, for $69. Also, if you pay by the quarter, you get some add-ons for free, including more sports channels.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2021 09:05 AM by Pavy78.)
12-18-2021 09:04 AM
UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
fubol got the game
12-18-2021 09:30 AM
ICB Offline
Heisman

(12-18-2021 08:47 AM)BroBill Wrote:  

Son of a ******* *****.

Good luck!

Walt Disney Owns Hulu. No wonder YouTube TV is having a hard time reaching a deal.
12-18-2021 09:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

It’s like you guys are speaking a foreign language…but then again, just yesterday I finally upgraded from 7Mb download speeds
12-18-2021 10:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.