Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

High School freshman Jerry Easter from Emmanuel Baptist
Bookmark and Share
WHRocket Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Toledo
High School freshman Jerry Easter from Emmanuel Baptist
Has a basketball offer from UT according to Verbal Commits. We can only hope.
12-13-2021 09:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Sleepy Online
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: High School freshman Jerry Easter from Emmanuel Baptist
(12-13-2021 09:14 PM)WHRocket Wrote:  Has a basketball offer from UT according to Verbal Commits. We can only hope.

UT has also offered 2024 Colin White from Ottawa Glandorf.

"Recruitment at an all-time high for 2024 Colin White (@ColinWhite21
) of Ottawa-Glandorf (@TysonMac05) after just a week of game action.
@OhioBuckets has confirmed contact from multiple Big Ten schools, as well as American, Atlantic 10, Missouri Valley and MAC programs.
12-14-2021 02:44 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
My guess is Easter is going to get his pick of just about anywhere he wants in the Midwest by the time he is a junior or senior. Kid is already one of the best players in the area after 8 games in his HS career and at age 13.
12-14-2021 09:00 AM
rocket 51 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Anyone seen him in person yet? Wondering if he has the Jimmy Jackson look to his game? JJ looked like a man among boys right from the beginning back in the day.
12-14-2021 06:09 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Only on streaming. Not the same type player. Looks more like a kid. Ottawa Hills held them pretty good. Another good Freshmen, West, on Stacy's Whitmer team.
12-14-2021 10:04 PM
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline

(12-14-2021 10:04 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Only on streaming. Not the same type player. Looks more like a kid. Ottawa Hills held them pretty good. Another good Freshmen, West, on Stacy's Whitmer team.

He really used that open enrollment, didn't he? Man they look good so far, crazy how much can change in a year.

If all of these kids stay in the area, we may have a few very fun years around here in January and February.
12-15-2021 10:16 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-15-2021 10:16 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(12-14-2021 10:04 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Only on streaming. Not the same type player. Looks more like a kid. Ottawa Hills held them pretty good. Another good Freshmen, West, on Stacy's Whitmer team.

He really used that open enrollment, didn't he? Man they look good so far, crazy how much can change in a year.

If all of these kids stay in the area, we may have a few very fun years around here in January and February.

Don't know. I understand they had a couple in district come back from private schools, which don't have barriers to their enrollments. I wouldn't say they look good. Look more like a work in progress. Armstrong and Stacy certainly have the background but if the kids are still looking at Dad in the stands whenever a decision is made, I wouldn't expect them to stay.

For all the talent on Laskey, I think Antwerp is still considered the favorite.

Craig, expected to be one of the best is headed to D2. The higher D1's have been heading out to prep schools, at least some of them. I've not an accounting. There's an awful lot of just above rec ball going on in the area. Not sure there is a ton of raw talent comparable to state. I guess we'll see.
12-15-2021 05:16 PM
BearcatMan Offline

(12-15-2021 05:16 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  
(12-15-2021 10:16 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Don't know. I understand they had a couple in district come back from private schools, which don't have barriers to their enrollments. I wouldn't say they look good. Look more like a work in progress. Armstrong and Stacy certainly have the background but if the kids are still looking at Dad in the stands whenever a decision is made, I wouldn't expect them to stay.

For all the talent on Laskey, I think Antwerp is still considered the favorite.

Craig, expected to be one of the best is headed to D2. The higher D1's have been heading out to prep schools, at least some of them. I've not an accounting. There's an awful lot of just above rec ball going on in the area. Not sure there is a ton of raw talent comparable to state. I guess we'll see.

Agreed on that...it's a VERY top and bottom type area right now, there are some real dogs in school districts that should have solid teams.
12-17-2021 09:46 AM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I know Jerryʻs dad from back in the day but havenʻt seen him in 7 or 8 years. The family is highly accomplished in sports and has a boxing world champ and former MAC bball player among them. no strong UT ties but Toledo centered for sure.

As for comparisons, I played on teams with Jim Jackson and Jerryʻs dad in the days when city league high school and jr high basketball was incredibly strong and produced state champions and many D1 caliber players (St Francis had a team with 6 D1 guys in the same class one year). Totally different athletes; Jim was incredibly talented, strong and skilled. Would have been an NBA all-star if leg injuries hadnʻt limited his game. Jerry was 2nd team all city as a 6 foot forward who couldnʻt jump-his game was all toughness, guile and experience (great at getting in your head too). Not sure what genes got passed on but clearly the gym rat with an innate understanding of the game is alive in his son. Maybe, he got some hops and speed from mom.
12-17-2021 02:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.