Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Penny gets the talent
Bookmark and Share
Keeper Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
MyBB Penny gets the talent
Just doesn't know what to do with it! Can't get everyone on the same page, can't create team chemistry, Can't be tough but fair. He did not pay his dues as an assistant and the chickens are coming home to roost. Two options replace him, or give him time to learn on the job. Admin needs to set achievable goals and hold Penny to them. Under 15 turnovers is a good one. Out rebound opponents is another. If Penny stays fans need to brace for many more losses with no indication to date that he will improve as a coach. So far we know he can recruit and create chaos on the defensive end that is about it.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2021 04:53 PM by Keeper.)
12-07-2021 04:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Stammers Offline
Legend

RE: Penny gets the talent
(12-07-2021 04:51 PM)Keeper Wrote:  Just doesn't know what to do with it! Can't get everyone on the same page, can't create team chemistry, Can't be tough but fair. He did not pay his dues as an assistant and the chickens are coming home to roost. Two options replace him, or give him time to learn on the job. Admin needs to set achievable goals and hold Penny to them. Under 15 turnovers is a good one. Out rebound opponents is another. If Penny stays fans need to brace for many more losses with no indication to date that he will improve as a coach. So far we know he can create chaos on the defensive end that is about it.

Great post. Just start a brand new thread every time you think of something. Good idea.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2021 04:53 PM by Stammers.)
12-07-2021 04:53 PM
jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis
(12-07-2021 04:51 PM)Keeper Wrote:  Just doesn't know what to do with it! Can't get everyone on the same page, can't create team chemistry, Can't be tough but fair. He did not pay his dues as an assistant and the chickens are coming home to roost. Two options replace him, or give him time to learn on the job. Admin needs to set achievable goals and hold Penny to them. Under 15 turnovers is a good one. Out rebound opponents is another. If Penny stays fans need to brace for many more losses with no indication to date that he will improve as a coach. So far we know he can recruit and create chaos on the defensive end that is about it.

I couldn't disagree more

The only thing the ADMIN should demand is to WIN---you don't tell PENNY how to run his program

Maybe and I mean MAYBE they should ask him to show up on time--BUT REALLY IT ALL COMES BACK TO WINS

As for the game of BB--NOBODY ON EARTH knows more about the game than PENNY--it is a simple game

If there are cancers --then SIT THEM--then it will work itself out

I still think we make the tournament this year
12-07-2021 05:15 PM
former guest Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
(12-07-2021 04:51 PM)Keeper Wrote:  Just doesn't know what to do with it! Can't get everyone on the same page, can't create team chemistry, Can't be tough but fair. He did not pay his dues as an assistant and the chickens are coming home to roost. Two options replace him, or give him time to learn on the job. Admin needs to set achievable goals and hold Penny to them. Under 15 turnovers is a good one. Out rebound opponents is another. If Penny stays fans need to brace for many more losses with no indication to date that he will improve as a coach. So far we know he can recruit and create chaos on the defensive end that is about it.

So let me get this straight. You suggest that the administration should hold Penny accountable for things that he - when it comes down to it - has no control over?

Let's say you work as a dock foreman and your boss could use the same logic to hold you accountable if the delivery of widgets isn't on the dock by 10 am. What is your role in impacting an outside entity to deliver on time?

Boy, talk about the players having control of things! Imagine it's late in the game and we only have 14 turnovers, and LQ decides he's had enough of Penny's crap. Why not turn it over a couple of times and get the coach canned?

(sarcasm font) Yeah, that would work real well.... 05-nono
12-07-2021 05:22 PM
Tigerx3 Online
Hall of Famer

How many times does "the crowd" need to repeat the exact same things in multiple threads?
12-07-2021 05:36 PM
jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

There was a lot talk last year at the GoldStrikePOKER-room about Penny quitting ---the reason being that his rep being tarnished--that he was embarrassed about all the commentators talking about how badly the TIGERS look and play. The TIGERS/PENNY turned it around

The talk has returned. Everywhere on almost every single sports site---everywhere on the internet-PENNY and the TIGERS are being ridiculed ---PENNY'S ego is taking a hit

I hope he sticks --and if he does--there is no doubt in my mind that he turns it around--and leads the TIGERS back to prominence and a deep title run at some point

I think we get in this year. This might not be the title run year--but still could be --but I think we get in this year----but if he sticks we will get back to where we all wanna be--- hopefully sooner than later
12-07-2021 05:43 PM
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

I think Penny wins with this year.

I think Penny has a higher ceiling than anyone else we could have hired...I don't think anyone else would be able to bring in the level of talent he has. So people should really root for him to figure it out.
12-07-2021 05:46 PM
BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

good idea 03-idea

We should DOCK Penny for any loss-- $10,000
Dock Penny for any game with more than 15 turnovers $3,400
Dock Penny for letting the Opposing team score over 83 points-- $4,100 If they score over 91points add on an additional $5,000

We should also fine him $4,750 for any player technicals and $20,000 for any bench technoicals

If a player fouls out it is $50,000 off the top of Penny's salary..

If the AD can institute this we will all be happier and When Penny quits we will have no problem getting another top coach to take the job ...

03-lmfao 03-lmfao03-drunk03-drunk03-drunk01-wingedeagle
12-07-2021 06:28 PM
presskh Offline
Heisman

(12-07-2021 05:46 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  I think Penny wins with this year.

I think Penny has a higher ceiling than anyone else we could have hired...I don't think anyone else would be able to bring in the level of talent he has. So people should really root for him to figure it out.

Agree - I think Penny has a high ceiling, from a coaching standpoint. Problem is, will he still attract the high-level recruits by the time he reaches that ceiling.
12-07-2021 07:51 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-07-2021 06:28 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  

good idea 03-idea

Dock Penny for letting the Opposing team score over 83 points-- $4,100 If they score over 91points add on an additional $5,000

We should also fine him $4,750 for any player technicals and $20,000 for any bench technoicals

If the AD can institute this we will all be happier and When Penny quits we will have no problem getting another top coach to take the job ...

I guess we could take if off his tab of funds he's provided the university - including discounted salary, donations, and NIL before NIL was cool...
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2021 04:19 PM by Tiger87.)
12-08-2021 04:18 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

good idea 03-idea

There should be a section on the scoreboard at home games with a running total of Penny's income for that game and for the season. You could also have dollar amounts that each player is making or losing for Penny.
12-08-2021 04:21 PM
Advertisement

Rufus T. Firefly Offline
1st String

(12-07-2021 05:46 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  I think Penny wins with this year.

Looking back I wish we could have got Mussleman (so) at Arkansas.
12-08-2021 04:49 PM
BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-08-2021 04:21 PM)Stammers Wrote:  

good idea 03-idea

There should be a section on the scoreboard at home games with a running total of Penny's income for that game and for the season. You could also have dollar amounts that each player is making or losing for Penny.

with today's technology that would be simple to do-- this is why message boards are useful---one guys idea 03-idea has been improved several times in the same thread in the same day, Im going to report to penny all of our "findings" to the Athletic Department---Im sure they will implement most of them --- scoreboard! what a great idea
12-08-2021 05:14 PM
Unionman76 Online
Heisman

We could also create an index

Then trade puts and calls
12-08-2021 05:19 PM
Eagleonpar Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM

good idea 03-idea

I don’t think Penny makes as much as some of our past coaches
12-08-2021 05:42 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-08-2021 05:14 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  

good idea 03-idea

with today's technology that would be simple to do-- this is why message boards are useful---one guys idea 03-idea has been improved several times in the same thread in the same day, Im going to report to penny all of our "findings" to the Athletic Department---Im sure they will implement most of them --- scoreboard! what a great idea

Get The Ambassador to bounce it off Penny at the film breakdown...
12-08-2021 06:41 PM
Advertisement

jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

(12-08-2021 06:41 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  
(12-08-2021 05:14 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  

good idea 03-idea

Get The Ambassador to bounce it off Penny at the film breakdown...

03-lmfao
12-08-2021 06:59 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
Penny does get the talent however, He does not have a Dude who can Bust the Trey Ball
IKE's been informed the Tigers will have two Dudes next yr who r consistent with the Trey
12-09-2021 12:40 AM
jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

(12-09-2021 12:40 AM)memphisike Wrote:  Penny does get the talent however, He does not have a Dude who can Bust the Trey Ball
IKE's been informed the Tigers will have two Dudes next yr who r consistent with the Trey

Seems we heard the same thing last year -about this year--I just can't remember who said it
12-09-2021 01:30 AM
Eagleonpar Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM
(12-09-2021 12:40 AM)memphisike Wrote:  Penny does get the talent however, He does not have a Dude who can Bust the Trey Ball

Outside of Emoni we don’t seem to even want to take them this season
12-09-2021 01:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.