RE: Women @ UNC Sunday 2:00
what in the world... how did this program get to this point so fast? #notgood
12-05-2021 02:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jmufan2008 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes
17-42 with 3:29 left in the 2nd qtr. About what I expected unfortunately. Massey has them as the #5 team in the country. RPI is #12. They're undefeated and an elite team.
12-05-2021 02:40 PM
Dukester Offline

I Root For: JMU
51-22 at the half.

I was not expecting that.
12-05-2021 02:48 PM
boozeNammo Offline
Special Teams

Simply unacceptable to be whooped-up on that badly. Optics on that once-outstanding program s.t.a.t.
12-05-2021 02:51 PM
Advertisement

orange-to-purple Online
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
(12-05-2021 02:48 PM)Dukester Wrote:  51-22 at the half.

I was. UNC is #5. Not #55. Get a grip.
12-05-2021 03:06 PM
jmu98 Online
All American

(12-05-2021 03:06 PM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  
(12-05-2021 02:48 PM)Dukester Wrote:  51-22 at the half.

I was. UNC is #5. Not #55. Get a grip.

Can you please stop pretending that nothing is wrong here?

We all support the team by they are just not on the level of our teams the last 15 years. Past teams have all been top 100 teams and this team is closer to 250 than 150. Hopefully they improve but you are kidding yourself if you don’t see an issue here.
12-05-2021 03:10 PM
orange-to-purple Online
1st String

Yeah, I see an issue. 1. We are missing Peyton. 2. The AC coaching the guards is either not very good (I wasn't impressed with her last year either) or has "baby brain". That's for starters.
12-05-2021 03:14 PM
dukesfan4010 Offline
2nd String

O to P doesn’t get it, nothing new.

Been trending this way for years. Some of us have the receipts…the time is now to make a move. Start sunbelt play next year fresh. Jackie Smith Carson gives us more of a footprint down south. Just saying. And let her bring some of her staff, including former JMU Duke Pierre Curtis.

We are actively watching this program sink to its lowest in over 15 years. That is not on par with the rise of our other programs. Love Sean, but lets call it what it is.

I do not expect to beat every P5 team we play. I 100% expect to compete and not get 30 pieced in the 1st half. And if you have followed JMUWBB the pst 15 years, you should feel the same. Might have to post P5 Results/scenarios from 2005-on to get you on board, O to P.
12-05-2021 03:48 PM
Dukester Offline

When is the last time a JMU basketball team had a total of 3 assists in a game?

VCU, who we used to be better than, lost to the Elite UNC by 13. We lost by 46.
12-05-2021 04:05 PM
Advertisement

orange-to-purple Online
1st String

(12-05-2021 03:48 PM)dukesfan4010 Wrote:  O to P doesn’t get it, nothing new.

Been trending this way for years. Some of us have the receipts…the time is now to make a move. Start sunbelt play next year fresh. Jackie Smith Carson gives us more of a footprint down south. Just saying. And let her bring some of her staff, including former JMU Duke Pierre Curtis.

We are actively watching this program sink to its lowest in over 15 years. That is not on par with the rise of our other programs. Love Sean, but lets call it what it is.

I do not expect to beat every P5 team we play. I 100% expect to compete and not get 30 pieced in the 1st half. And if you have followed JMUWBB the pst 15 years, you should feel the same. Might have to post P5 Results/scenarios from 2005-on to get you on board, O to P.

You may be the one who doesn't get it. I pointed out two very specific issues. You just downed the entire program without pointing out anything specific. If you can't point to anything specific, maybe it's you who doesn't get it.

And living in the past doesn't help. Take a look at specific things. Guard coaching (sucks). Post coaching (pretty decent, on the whole, thanks to Coach Ian). What is Coach K's role? Where is on-court communication? Things like that. Watch that, don't just dump on Coach O or the team and say "Well, it was different back in Coach Moorman's day." WBB was different back in 1988 too.
12-05-2021 04:15 PM
jmu98 Online
All American

(12-05-2021 04:15 PM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  

You may be the one who doesn't get it. I pointed out two very specific issues. You just downed the entire program without pointing out anything specific. If you can't point to anything specific, maybe it's you who doesn't get it.

And living in the past doesn't help. Take a look at specific things. Guard coaching (sucks). Post coaching (pretty decent, on the whole, thanks to Coach Ian). What is Coach K's role? Where is on-court communication? Things like that. Watch that, don't just dump on Coach O or the team and say "Well, it was different back in Coach Moorman's day." WBB was different back in 1988 too.

Coach O runs the program and it is ultimately on him if has a coach who can’t do their job. With the new arena the program should be as ending not going backwards. The locker room area in the new arena has a whole wall dedicated to the the women who played in the WNBA and other high level pro leagues which should be upping the level of players we get.

Yes WBB is different than back in the 80s but we are not talking about the 80’s we are talking about 2 years ago when we should have beaten UMD and other recent years where we were very competitive against all levels of teams.
12-05-2021 05:23 PM
bcp_jmu Online
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
Blowouts like this, and so many in one year already, are pretty rare for JMU wbb... not saying its time for a coaching change yet, but something has to change soon
12-05-2021 05:26 PM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
1-25 from three today
12-05-2021 06:16 PM
JMU1987UVA1998 Offline
1st String

(12-05-2021 05:23 PM)jmu98 Wrote:  
(12-05-2021 04:15 PM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  

Coach O runs the program and it is ultimately on him if has a coach who can’t do their job. With the new arena the program should be as ending not going backwards. The locker room area in the new arena has a whole wall dedicated to the the women who played in the WNBA and other high level pro leagues which should be upping the level of players we get.

Yes WBB is different than back in the 80s but we are not talking about the 80’s we are talking about 2 years ago when we should have beaten UMD and other recent years where we were very competitive against all levels of teams.

Sounds like O-T-P wants to blame everyone associated with the program but the HC for the lack of execution by the program. Surprised she's not blaming the fans.
12-05-2021 06:44 PM
Advertisement

LovethoseDukes Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU of course!
Okay everyone, let's just all take a deep breath here.

I think everyone who posts on this board, especially on the WBB posts, has a deep love and respect for the WBB program. Whether you are a new fan or have been following the team for a longggggggggggg time, we understand it has risen to be one of the best programs, mid-major or not, in the recent years. To see the team struggling the way it is this year is hard for us all to watch.

Until about a year ago I was a serious Coach O fan - so excited when he was named the head coach and one of those fans who traveled to many away games, spent a ton of money going to tournaments, and supported the team in any way I could. While I still very much support the women, I am not sure why they have declined so sharply this year. Is it coaching? The assistants? Something else?

Some things that I have observed that concern me are the sheer number of 3-point shots the team takes (with the lack of success) and the small number of assists per game that are used. It seems like there are five individuals on the court, not one team.

I hope things can turn around and turn around soon.
12-05-2021 08:03 PM
dukes13 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Dukes of JMU
I have missed very very few JMUWBB games since 2009…I have watched two this year. Like many have said, the offense is essentially work the ball around until we get a 1-on-1 match up we want. Defense and rebounding are the worst we’ve seen out of a JMU team. This isn’t the Lady Dukes we’ve loved over the past 15+ years. Something’s gotta give
12-05-2021 08:32 PM
olddawg Online
Hall of Famer

This is an example of how competitive we used to be against UNC. We were unranked and playing on the road at 10th ranked UNC back in 2013-14. Lost by 3, but were right with them down to the end. I remember listening to this game. Today we faced a 29th/35th ranked UNC team and lost by 46. We are several levels below that caliber of JMU team right now:

https://augustafreepress.com/10-unc-wome...jmu-74-71/
12-06-2021 12:16 AM
AssyrianDuke Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
Shot 1-25 on three's and the only make was with 3 minutes to go in the first quarter. Yikes. I know the team isn't healthy, but even if we were 100% (or hell, 110% for that matter!) wouldn't have made a bit of difference. We got worked and badly.
12-06-2021 08:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.