Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

South fans - Jax state rivalry ?
Bookmark and Share
TroyGuy88 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Troy
Troy and Jax state: the ol mighty WHUP JAX STATE! one of the biggest old time rivalries! Will Jax state eventually turn into a rivalry with South now that they have moved up?

Will the South and Troy rivalry be the same. What’s your thoughts on the rivalry situation with UAB moving to AAC and Jax state to CUSA? Will new rivalries form..
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2021 01:35 PM by TroyGuy88.)
12-05-2021 01:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
RE: South fans - Jax state rivalry ?
Quitting bringing up their name! They will show up here 03-banghead
12-05-2021 01:49 PM
GEAGLESJAG Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USA & USM
(12-05-2021 01:33 PM)TroyGuy88 Wrote:  Troy and Jax state: the ol mighty WHUP JAX STATE! one of the biggest old time rivalries! Will Jax state eventually turn into a rivalry with South now that they have moved up?

Will the South and Troy rivalry be the same. What’s your thoughts on the rivalry situation with UAB moving to AAC and Jax state to CUSA? Will new rivalries form..

Yes. South's top rival will be Southern Miss.
12-05-2021 01:51 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
(12-05-2021 01:33 PM)TroyGuy88 Wrote:  Troy and Jax state: the ol mighty WHUP JAX STATE! one of the biggest old time rivalries! Will Jax state eventually turn into a rivalry with South now that they have moved up?

Troy and JSU are long term rivals. If anything I think your rivalry could be rekindled. After all, we don’t have a long FCS history with them like the Trojans do. If we do play each other I don’t see if turning into something with us being in separate leagues. We will build our rivalry with Southern Miss and keep our rivalry with Troy. Of course for older Jag fans UAB is and will always be the main rival from our old Sun Belt basketball days.
12-05-2021 02:28 PM
Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
South Al is our primary rival now. I’m not opposed to the JSPoo rivalry though.
12-05-2021 02:59 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

With now 6 FBS teams in the state, Troy will be our instate rival, but I see the USM rivalry getting kicked into overdrive pretty quickly. We already play them in multiple sports each year, now those game will mean more. Also, only 90 miles away and a lot of USM alum in the Mobile area, it’ll be good when both teams are playing at a higher level.

If UAb were smart, they should really look at building a rivalry with JaxSt. Already played them this past season in Montgomery. That would be a game that should sell out in Jacksonville and give UAb a boost in attendance in BHM. Maybe Troy and JaxSt could play a game in Montgomery for a rivalry game.
12-05-2021 03:34 PM
Advertisement

Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
(12-05-2021 03:34 PM)Usajags Wrote:  With now 6 FBS teams in the state, Troy will be our instate rival, but I see the USM rivalry getting kicked into overdrive pretty quickly. We already play them in multiple sports each year, now those game will mean more. Also, only 90 miles away and a lot of USM alum in the Mobile area, it’ll be good when both teams are playing at a higher level.

If UAb were smart, they should really look at building a rivalry with JaxSt. Already played them this past season in Montgomery. That would be a game that should sell out in Jacksonville and give UAb a boost in attendance in BHM. Maybe Troy and JaxSt could play a game in Montgomery for a rivalry game.

Yeah Troy-Jax State has potential to be a yearly sell out for both teams.
12-05-2021 03:43 PM
Troystud Offline
Water Engineer

I dont wanna play JSU any more. We ended it back in the early 00's. Leave it where it is. Dead!
12-05-2021 04:22 PM
troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I’m fine with never playing Jax. State again. And having went to their stadium recently, I’m definitely fine with never stepping foot in it again. A mess.
12-05-2021 04:33 PM
Gemofthehills Online
All American

I Root For: JSU
Dont see South and JSU being a big rival. Distance is too great. UAB maybe has a better chance.

Playing troy state doesnt matter to me either. Just dont see troy state keeping up with us.
12-05-2021 07:44 PM
Troystud Offline
Water Engineer

(12-05-2021 07:44 PM)Gemofthehills Wrote:  Dont see South and JSU being a big rival. Distance is too great. UAB maybe has a better chance.

Playing troy state doesnt matter to me either. Just dont see troy state keeping up with us.

What do you mean by, "Troy keeping up with JSU?"
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2021 09:25 PM by Troystud.)
12-05-2021 09:24 PM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(12-05-2021 07:44 PM)Gemofthehills Wrote:  Dont see South and JSU being a big rival. Distance is too great. UAB maybe has a better chance.

03-lmfao

Even when we were in 1AA with you guys it had been years since you had beaten Troy. 1990 is the last year JSU beat Troy and we played up until 2001.

Your budget is tiny, your facilities are in dire need of upgrades. And you’re in a coosa. Enjoy
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2021 10:49 PM by Atlanta Trojan.)
12-05-2021 10:44 PM
troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(12-05-2021 10:44 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  

03-lmfao

Even when we were in 1AA with you guys it had been years since you had beaten Troy. 1990 is the last year JSU beat Troy and we played up until 2001.

Your budget is tiny, your facilities are in dire need of upgrades. And you’re in a coosa. Enjoy

Ignore him. He’s just trying to get a rise out of us.
12-05-2021 10:54 PM
SouthJags2012 Offline
2nd String

No thanks
12-05-2021 10:54 PM
TroyGuy88 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Troy

Oh boy…
12-05-2021 11:46 PM
HCJag Offline
All American

Two (Troy,USM) are enough. Three is one too many.
12-06-2021 12:38 AM
Advertisement

DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA
I am all for us renewing the Battle for the 'Ol School Bell with Jax State!!! I hope all the rest of the Jax State fans aren't of the same opinion as Gemofthehills and some of my fellow Troy fans!!!

Whup Jax State... again!!!!
12-06-2021 03:13 AM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
I would love them on our schedule. 100 miles away is closer than any G5 now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
12-06-2021 02:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
usm99 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
(12-05-2021 03:34 PM)Usajags Wrote:  With now 6 FBS teams in the state, Troy will be our instate rival, but I see the USM rivalry getting kicked into overdrive pretty quickly. We already play them in multiple sports each year, now those game will mean more. Also, only 90 miles away and a lot of USM alum in the Mobile area, it’ll be good when both teams are playing at a higher level.

To me that's another gut punch for USM. The state of Alabama was always one of USM's recruiting hotbeds when it was just Alabama and Auburn as FBS....then came the combo of UAB, USA and Troy which hurt USM recruiting. Now throw in yet another FBS school and recruiting gets a tad tougher for all.
12-06-2021 03:14 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Online

Troy left Jax State in the dust a long, long time ago.

It took a conference on the verge of being extinct for them to finally get an FBS invite. Without that, JSU is still an FCS'er with no prospect of becoming an FBS school.
12-06-2021 03:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.