Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

We aren’t only school joining Sun Belt next year
Bookmark and Share
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Us working out a deal to leave early has been a terrible secret. Looks like a lot of schools are doing the same. Good for all!
Link
12-04-2021 01:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
RE: We aren’t only school joining Sun Belt next year
Good for y'all! That should give us a 6/5 West/East split next year.
12-04-2021 02:16 PM
bit_9 Online

I Root For: ODU
Ya. I heard it was a very good possibility a few weeks ago but nothing was absolutely certain. I think its best for all parties to do so.
12-04-2021 02:25 PM
foolsprogress Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: utep
Leave the Checks on the counter by the screen door and make them out to CUSA. Good Luck.
12-04-2021 02:30 PM
TroyTBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy The Boy
(12-04-2021 02:30 PM)foolsprogress Wrote:  Leave the Checks on the counter by the screen door and make them out to CUSA. Good Luck.

Exactly.

Be sure to have enough money in the account to cover the checks. 04-cheers
12-04-2021 02:35 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(12-04-2021 02:30 PM)foolsprogress Wrote:  Leave the Checks on the counter by the screen door and make them out to CUSA. Good Luck.

Yep, so long. I can't say I'll miss you. Just like I don't watch Mac or SB games on tv I won't be switching to watch your games either. Too boring for my taste. You just can't seem to get excited with 10k people in attendance in those leagues.
12-04-2021 02:36 PM
Advertisement

Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

Isn’t a check to leave, we simply lose our credits. ESPN is covering that for SBC for us so C-USA gets the credits, SBC will not lose for paying us thanks to ESPN. It really is good for all. Better for some but good for all.
12-04-2021 02:42 PM
DogsWin1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
I'm sure the Sunbelt message board folks would love to discuss this. Why don't you continue it over there.
12-04-2021 02:44 PM
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

(12-04-2021 02:44 PM)DogsWin1 Wrote:  I'm sure the Sunbelt message board folks would love to discuss this. Why don't you continue it over there.

Well, C-USA may be losing and adding teams quicker than anticipated. Kind of thought that would be of interest to C-USA fans.

SBC board is also discussing it.

I wonder if the AAC schools will move quicker now, too.
12-04-2021 02:47 PM
GEAGLESJAG Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USA & USM
Yes, Judy and her staff need the new Jeep Grand Wagoneers. big bonuses, and big Raises since they are responsible for the windfall.
12-04-2021 02:48 PM
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

(12-04-2021 02:47 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  
(12-04-2021 02:44 PM)DogsWin1 Wrote:  I'm sure the Sunbelt message board folks would love to discuss this. Why don't you continue it over there.

Well, C-USA may be losing and adding teams quicker than anticipated. Kind of thought that would be of interest to C-USA fans.

SBC board is also discussing it.

I wonder if the AAC schools will move quicker now, too.

Maybe I should clarify in case you really aren’t keeping up and thinking I’m picking bones with the left-behind schools. Some of the incoming C-USA schools are looking into waivers to come aboard next year. The next seven days or so could be very interesting for conferences as far as timeline of moves.
12-04-2021 02:49 PM
Advertisement

GEAGLESJAG Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USA & USM
(12-04-2021 02:36 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  

Yep, so long. I can't say I'll miss you. Just like I don't watch Mac or SB games on tv I won't be switching to watch your games either. Too boring for my taste. You just can't seem to get excited with 10k people in attendance in those leagues.

Texas El Paso has football games? Who knew?
12-04-2021 02:51 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Bye!!
12-04-2021 03:03 PM
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

(12-04-2021 02:16 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  Good for y'all! That should give us a 6/5 West/East split next year.

If C-USA is really moving slowly for new schools transitioning up to FBS, and if C-USA has under twelve schools, would Judy have one division or two uneven number divisions?
12-04-2021 03:10 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

My guess is individual schools will never see a dime of that. Judy needs a new jeep.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ondpuamfec1cccds8a...p;amp;ct=g][Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47rff4bwowidnsbz8z43...p;amp;ct=g]

And the conference needs to put a new 20 year down payment on The Star in Dallas. Ive heard that the curtain at the Star wants a raise too.
12-04-2021 03:13 PM
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

(12-04-2021 03:13 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  

My guess is individual schools will never see a dime of that. Judy needs a new jeep.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ondpuamfec1cccds8a...p;amp;ct=g][Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47rff4bwowidnsbz8z43...p;amp;ct=g]

And the conference needs to put a new 20 year down payment on The Star in Dallas. Ive heard that the curtain at the Star wants a raise too.

Honestly I was thinking the same. Unfortunately for the conference, USM has sat through many teams leaving and we don’t have an extra football due to all the attrition. Not sure what really happens with credits from schools leaving but I’m guessing it pays for HQ salaries or Title IX commercials for our national TV games.
12-04-2021 03:24 PM
Advertisement

TroyTBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy The Boy
(12-04-2021 02:48 PM)GEAGLESJAG Wrote:  
Yes, Judy and her staff need the new Jeep Grand Wagoneers. big bonuses, and big Raises since they are responsible for the windfall.

[Image: gtfo-get-the-****-out.gif]
12-04-2021 03:30 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
(12-04-2021 03:13 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  My guess is individual schools will never see a dime of that. Judy needs a new jeep.

Are you really that concerned about how we will spend your money???
12-04-2021 03:51 PM
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

(12-04-2021 03:51 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  
(12-04-2021 03:13 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  My guess is individual schools will never see a dime of that. Judy needs a new jeep.

Are you really that concerned about how we will spend your money???

It’s not our money. It is not like a university writes a check or something. It will probably be credits for the bowl season and basketball bid. And no, but I just know we sat through a lot of schools leaving and never saw a bump in conference money. Something is fishy with CUSA, and I don’t know why the presidents don’t call out Judy or if they are really ok with her.
12-04-2021 03:56 PM
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

I Root For: North Texas
(12-04-2021 01:54 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  Us working out a deal to leave early has been a terrible secret. Looks like a lot of schools are doing the same. Good for all!
Link

I really enjoyed conferencing with USM. Too bad y'all have fallen on hard times. But, I don't really view the Sun Belt West as an improvement. Of course the Belt's media deal is far better than C-USA's. But If I were a USM fan, I'd rather the team stay in C-USA West for another season with LA Tech, UAB, UNT, Rice, UTSA, & UTEP. In my opinion it is a better divisional line-up than ULM, Arkansas State, Texas State, ULL, & USA.
12-04-2021 04:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.