Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Rocco out at Delaware
Bookmark and Share
mad_dog97 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: JMU
OT: Rocco out at Delaware
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2021 03:58 PM by Dukester.)
11-29-2021 12:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

boozeNammo Offline
Special Teams

RE: OT: Rocco out at Deleware
That program is a disaster. He had to go.
11-29-2021 12:07 PM
jmu007 Offline
All American

If a football program falls in the CAA... does it make a sound?
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2021 12:10 PM by jmu007.)
11-29-2021 12:10 PM
boozeNammo Offline
Special Teams

Hahaha. Just imagine if they replace JMU with Fairfield, VMI, and/or Monmouth? Yikes.
11-29-2021 12:15 PM
DoubleDogDare Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
https://www.delawareonline.com/story/spo...794158002/
You have to make it all the way to the end, but I love this take....
Quote:There will certainly be a clamor among some UD fans to bring back K.C. Keeler, who coached Delaware to an 86-52 record from 2002-12 before his stunning January, 2013, dismissal by former athletic director Eric Ziady and past president Patrick Harker. Keeler guided Delaware to the 2003 NCAA title and 2007 and 2010 FCS title games, in which the Hens lost.

He is now in his eighth season as coach at Sam Houston State, which he guided to the 2021 spring FCS title and is now seeded first for the 2021 fall playoffs. Sam Houston State is poised for a move up to the FBS level, which may not be appealing to Keeler, 62, who has long favored playoff football.
11-29-2021 12:19 PM
boozeNammo Offline
Special Teams

I'm guessing the increase in KCs check for being a head coach at an FBS school "may" have an impact on his perception of playoff football (and transitively, going back to UD).

Asinine statement.
11-29-2021 12:24 PM
Advertisement

olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

What will their vaunted receivers coach, Alex Wood, do for a job now??!!
11-29-2021 12:35 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

UD fans all long for the KC days again, when he was there they didn’t like him and gave him the boot … so ironic.

Which is worse, the FIU job or the UD job?
Supposedly FIU has begged other teams for used pads for their players. They are also left on an island in CUSA.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsspor...eason/amp/
11-29-2021 12:38 PM
JMU08 Offline
1st String

Makes me wonder if we'll bring Stinespring on our staff. Does anyone know the details on which positional coaches we're adding as we transition?
11-29-2021 12:49 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-29-2021 12:49 PM)JMU08 Wrote:  Makes me wonder if we'll bring Stinespring on our staff. Does anyone know the details on which positional coaches we're adding as we transition?

Believe we are allowed to add 2, but titles and responsibilities would be up to cig to decide. Haven’t heard anything further.
11-29-2021 12:52 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-29-2021 12:38 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  UD fans all long for the KC days again, when he was there they didn’t like him and gave him the boot … so ironic.

Supposedly FIU has begged other teams for used pads for their players. They are also left on an island in CUSA.

What a coincidence. FIU's Defensive Coordinator is Everett Withers 03-lmfao
11-29-2021 12:52 PM
Advertisement

JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-29-2021 12:52 PM)olddawg Wrote:  
(11-29-2021 12:38 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  UD fans all long for the KC days again, when he was there they didn’t like him and gave him the boot … so ironic.

What a coincidence. FIU's Defensive Coordinator is Everett Withers 03-lmfao

03-idea
Hey, UD needs some “juice” right about now! 03-lmfao
11-29-2021 12:56 PM
Anders Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU, Boston Col
At first I was really surprised considering Delaware made the semifinals last year and they likely would have been in the playoffs if their QB didn’t get hurt. With JMU leaving the CAA, it will be up for grabs and if you don’t view Rocco as the long term guy then the time is right.
11-29-2021 01:14 PM
Dukester Offline

Yeah - not only stuck in FCS when so many other schools are moving up this year, but stuck in the FCS with a floundering program.

Rough spot for UD fans.....
11-29-2021 01:59 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

What a dumpster fire.

Back in the days of the old CAAZone I pointed out to UD fans they were on a downward slide and JMU was surpassing the blue chicks. Hen fans didn’t take kindly to my prognosis, but the state of their FB program today was laid down by the decisions they made (or weren’t making) 15 years ago. You reap what you sow.
11-29-2021 02:08 PM
DoubleDogDare Offline
All American

(11-29-2021 01:14 PM)Anders Wrote:  At first I was really surprised considering Delaware made the semifinals last year and they likely would have been in the playoffs if their QB didn’t get hurt. With JMU leaving the CAA, it will be up for grabs and if you don’t view Rocco as the long term guy then the time is right.

I had the same initial reaction. Rocco's contract was up next year so props to the AD for making the decision now versus the convenience option. Looking at the Gohens board, it looks like there was pressure from the aging... sorry I mean remaining.. donors so perhaps the decision was easy in the end.
11-29-2021 02:14 PM
Advertisement

POTUS#4 Offline
1st String

(11-29-2021 12:19 PM)DoubleDogDare Wrote:  https://www.delawareonline.com/story/spo...794158002/
You have to make it all the way to the end, but I love this take....
Quote:There will certainly be a clamor among some UD fans to bring back K.C. Keeler, who coached Delaware to an 86-52 record from 2002-12 before his stunning January, 2013, dismissal by former athletic director Eric Ziady and past president Patrick Harker. Keeler guided Delaware to the 2003 NCAA title and 2007 and 2010 FCS title games, in which the Hens lost.

He is now in his eighth season as coach at Sam Houston State, which he guided to the 2021 spring FCS title and is now seeded first for the 2021 fall playoffs. Sam Houston State is poised for a move up to the FBS level, which may not be appealing to Keeler, 62, who has long favored playoff football.

Ha Keeler and Rocco - two of my least favorite coaches. Keeler's definitely not heading back to Delaware but I hope that one day Keeler and Rocco can be stuck an a deserted island together.
11-29-2021 02:23 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

Wonder if RU wants Rocco back or he lands elsewhere. There's quite a few FCS jobs open. Maine? His only 2 losing seasons were at UD

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2021 03:24 PM by JMURocks.)
11-29-2021 03:15 PM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

Pretty hilarious how UD fans want KC back. They couldn't wait to get him out and now they are begging for him to come back. Always used to say they were living in the past and now they wish they had it back. KC wouldn't give them a chance in hell. He stumbled his way into FBS. There's no way he's leaving the cozy confines of Soft Houston.
11-29-2021 03:24 PM
Purple Offline
Heisman

(11-29-2021 01:14 PM)Anders Wrote:  At first I was really surprised considering Delaware made the semifinals last year and they likely would have been in the playoffs if their QB didn’t get hurt. With JMU leaving the CAA, it will be up for grabs and if you don’t view Rocco as the long term guy then the time is right.

Hmmmm, I wonder if Nolan Henderson is considering a transfer, assuming he gets a medical redshirt.
11-29-2021 03:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.