Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mike Houston to VT?
Bookmark and Share
jmu98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
Mike Houston to VT?
Seems like there is some smoke the last few hours that Houston may be going to Tech.

Fan base not liking it much.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021 08:22 PM by jmu98.)
11-28-2021 07:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
Mike Houston to VT
If that happens. Interesting. Surprised they would pick him.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
11-28-2021 08:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
POTUS#4 Offline
1st String

RE: Mike Houston to VT?
Yeah that would be very surprising to say the least. If he had turned things around at ECU more quickly and decisively, then sure. Only pluses… he’s shown he can run a program competently and he knows tech’s recruiting area. If this happens, it seems like an admission that tech’s football glory days, such as they were, are over. Maybe it’s just MH’s agent spreading rumors in order to get a raise/extension at ECU.
11-28-2021 09:19 PM
Dukester Offline

I’m supposedly bad for thinking how great Houston did at JMU, but I don’t think his ECU results make him a good hire for VT. I’ve been surprised to hear three different radio personalities say the last two weeks he would be a good hire for VT.

Wake and CCU coach is who I think have done more….
11-28-2021 09:36 PM
DaBigBlue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
VaTech is down to like their 4th option. Hard to believe they paid extra to get a jump on the search.
11-28-2021 09:37 PM
Purple Offline
Heisman

It appears the rumor is coming from this Nashville reporter.... https://twitter.com/jim_howington/status...5615804426

More of Houston's press manipulation - strategic press releases and rumors?
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021 10:18 PM by Purple.)
11-28-2021 10:00 PM
Advertisement

hburg Offline

Mike Houston to VT?
https://virginiatech.sportswar.com/mid/1...tfootball/

Tech fans on a meltdown that now includes a fire Whit Babcock chant.

11-28-2021 10:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olddawg Offline
Heisman

(11-28-2021 10:07 PM)hburg Wrote:  https://virginiatech.sportswar.com/mid/1...tfootball/

I can't stand that style of message board. It is beyond frustrating. For the life of me, can't understand why someone would choose that format over what we have here.
11-28-2021 10:11 PM
POTUS#4 Offline
1st String

Just checked out Twitter- always a reliable source - and there’s tons of MH smoke. Also lots of speculation that he could be a candidate for the Duke job. Reminds me of the ECU - Charlotte fiasco. He seems too young for Duke though. They need to find an older guy who’s looking for one final dead end type job. Honestly don’t understand all the MH hype I’m seeing. Certainly has an impressive FCS resume but is a 7 win season in yr 3 at ECU really that miraculous?
11-28-2021 10:12 PM
Purple Offline
Heisman

I saw that. Some ECU posters are celebrating the hopeful loss of Houston, saying they should now go after Cig.

Some ECU posters are now saying that MH is demanding $2 million a year from ECU. So, this looks an awful lot like Houston's antics when he left JMU, playing one school against another to feather his nest.

Houston is a complete POS, in my opinion. He was very fortunate this season and is trying to parlay that into pitting one school against another to milk every penny he can from his good fortune this year, which, in my opinion, was more luck than anything else. He is still 14-19 after three years. If that is what the dumbasses at Tech want, go for it! Live with it!
11-28-2021 10:15 PM
olddawg Offline
Heisman

Damn...I lost the pool. I had 11:00PM before Purple chimed in w/ both barrels blazing on Houston.
11-28-2021 10:19 PM
Advertisement

CarRamrod Offline
Special Teams

FWIW, here on the ground in Bburg, the latest rumor from the donors is that VT is going with Tony Elliott (OC at Clemson).
11-28-2021 10:24 PM
Purple Offline
Heisman

(11-28-2021 10:19 PM)olddawg Wrote:  Damn...I lost the pool. I had 11:00PM before Purple chimed in w/ both barrels blazing on Houston.

LOL! Huck Fouston!
11-28-2021 10:24 PM
Longhorn Offline
Heisman

(11-28-2021 10:07 PM)hburg Wrote:  https://virginiatech.sportswar.com/mid/1...tfootball/

That VT thread is a hoot. Especially the Mercury poster who is about as passionately clueless as they come.

I would be very surprised if Mike Houston gets the call to be the next HC at Hokie High, but I’m really hoping it happens now just so guys like Mercury can blow a gasket.

Did anyone else get a good laugh that MH won the NC because EW set it up?

I was left with the impression after reading that thread VT FB fans are about as delusional as ECU fans. Both programs are performing at about the same level, and have nearly the same chances at participating in future NC playoffs. In other words, zero.

But of course VT fans are desperate to believe they’re a legit P5 powerhouse, and VT is a bastion of academic excellence. In truth, VT is just another Texas Tech or Kansas State type athletic program and school, destined to always be the bridesmaid, and never the bride.
11-28-2021 10:29 PM
Purple Offline
Heisman

(11-28-2021 10:24 PM)CarRamrod Wrote:  FWIW, here on the ground in Bburg, the latest rumor from the donors is that VT is going with Tony Elliott (OC at Clemson).

I honestly believe that all of this is a Houston manipulation. Tech was never interested in him because of his obviously suck record at ECU, but a strategically dropped rumor here and there and the buzz is off and running. IMO, Houston hoped that ECU's admin would respond to the buzz with more money for Mikey to keep him.

I could be wrong, but it wouldn't be the first time something like this happened.
11-28-2021 10:30 PM
JMUNation Offline
All American

I just can’t see Tech going after Houston. He has an impressive FCS and D2 resume. FBS? He made strides in year three getting five conference wins in a weak AAC. His two out of conference wins were Marshall and Charleston Southern.

Whit Babcock is a good AD. There is no way he offers Houston with that resume.

Do I think his agent would leak fictitious stuff for leverage? History does repeat itself.
11-28-2021 10:37 PM
Advertisement

AssyrianDuke Offline
All American

(11-28-2021 10:12 PM)POTUS#4 Wrote:  Just checked out Twitter- always a reliable source - and there’s tons of MH smoke. Also lots of speculation that he could be a candidate for the Duke job. Reminds me of the ECU - Charlotte fiasco. He seems too young for Duke though. They need to find an older guy who’s looking for one final dead end type job. Honestly don’t understand all the MH hype I’m seeing. Certainly has an impressive FCS resume but is a 7 win season in yr 3 at ECU really that miraculous?

Considering the dumpster fire that ECU put themselves in after firing Ruffin McNeil? Probably.

That said, ECU finished 4th in the conference at 5-3 (in conference) and their three losses were to the three teams above them. Of the five teams they beat in conference, exactly none (zero, 0, zilch, nada, etc.) finished with a winning record in conference. Their only win against a team with a winning overall record was against 7-5 Marshall. The conference draw and their OOC shaped up nicely for a "rejuvenated" season. If a P5 team hires him, I think it'll be a mistake, but it'll be their mistake.
11-28-2021 10:38 PM
jmu98 Offline
1st String

As far as Houston putting rumors out there they all do it and AD’s are stupid enough to bite.

In this case an extension for Houston has been in the works.

I have seen cigs name mentioned for the duke job in a few places such as the athletic. Athletic has some great stuff in college sports in general.
11-28-2021 10:50 PM
JMURocks Offline
Heisman

Chadwell and MH are on the Duke short list also.

MH could end up playing VT, Duke and ECU off each other in a bidding war.

Losing more respect for MH if he doesn't stay at ECU long enough to complete their turn around.
11-28-2021 10:58 PM
Dukes1825 Offline
Special Teams

Some of y’all have a lot of hate for a guy that went 37-6 and won a championship title. So bizarre to me.

Anyway, I don’t think there is any chance he’s going to Tech and he definitely shouldn’t go to Duke. I bet he stays one more year at ECU, produces another winning season, and then lands a P5 job. Seems few realize this is ECU’s first bowl in 7 seasons and that’s a pretty big deal however you slice it.
11-28-2021 11:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2022 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.