Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Woke students want Kyle Rittenhouse kicked out of ASU, call him a 'blood-thirsty
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Woke students want Kyle Rittenhouse kicked out of ASU, call him a 'blood-thirsty
Quote:Following the acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse earlier this month, a student organization at Arizona State University is calling upon campus leadership to expel the acquitted teen, claiming he is a "racist" and "blood-thirsty murderer."

Political student organization MECHA de ASU posted a list of demands to their Instagram on Friday, calling for campus leadership to "withdraw" Rittenhouse from the university, to issue a statement against "white supremacy," and to defund their campus police in order to redirect funding to the multicultural center.

The organization's four demands are as follows: "Withdraw Kyle Rittenhouse from ASU," "Release a statement against white supremacy and racist murderer Kyle Rittenhouse," "Reaffirm support for the multicultural center on campus as a space safe from white supremacy," and "Redirect funding from ASU PD to support the multicultural center and establishment of a CAARE Center on campus."

MECHA de ASU is a Chicano-centered organization for students on ASU's campus. According to the group's GoFundMe page set up for general funding for the student organization, "Our work is toward empowering our community in order to liberate colonized people. Our values are rooted in anti-colonialism, anti-imperialism, anti-capitalism, anti-heteropatriarchy, antiracism."

"Even with a not-guilt verdict from a flawed 'justice' system — Kyle Rittenhouse is still guilty to his victims and the families of those victims," the group continued in its demands post on Instagram. "Join us to demand from ASU that these demands be met to protect students from a violent, blood-thirsty murderer."

The organization is holding a rally on campus on Dec. 1 regarding these demands.
According to Karlstack, a SubStack by economist Chris Brunet, ASU is a public university; therefore, they do not have the grounds to expel a student for demands like this, considering how Rittenhouse was found not guilty on all charges.

"ASU admins have already said that even if Kyle had gone to prison he could still continue his studies online from prison," he wrote. Rittenhouse is currently an online student, not one who attends the university in person.

The multicultural center in question that the organization wants to fund with ASU Police Department funding, is the same one that came into the spotlight in September after video showed two black students demanding that two white, male students leave the space due to the fact that they are white.

"You're making the space uncomfortable … You're white. Do you understand what a multicultural space is? It means you're not being centered," one of the two activists said at the time. One of the two individuals filming was revealed by Brunet to be a Ford Foundation fellow.

Link
11-28-2021 06:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Woke students want Kyle Rittenhouse kicked out of ASU, call him a 'blood-thirsty
Sounds to me like the members of that group should be kicked out of ASU for bullying, which is a violation of the student code of conduct.
11-28-2021 07:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VCE Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tradition
RE: Woke students want Kyle Rittenhouse kicked out of ASU, call him a 'blood-thirsty
The left is a cesspool and filled with racists and segregationists apparently.
11-28-2021 07:25 PM
Advertisement

450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
F the left…
11-28-2021 07:37 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
I'd sue the hell out of anyone defaming my name.
11-28-2021 07:42 PM
Advertisement

memphistiger89 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(11-28-2021 07:42 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  I'd sue the hell out of anyone defaming my name.

^ This
11-28-2021 08:21 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(11-28-2021 07:42 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  I'd sue the hell out of anyone defaming my name.

I'd sue AND file a complaint with ASU for bullying.
11-28-2021 08:50 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
[Image: khan-says-you-are-in-a-position-to-demand-nothing.jpg]
11-28-2021 08:50 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Among these lunatics of today may well be leaders of tomorrow.
11-29-2021 12:09 AM
Advertisement

Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
Let me guess, they don't feel "safe" studying on the same website as him?
11-29-2021 12:20 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(11-29-2021 12:09 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  Among these lunatics of today may well be leaders of tomorrow.

The next AOC.
11-29-2021 12:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bear Catlett Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Ii I were Kyle Rittenhouse I would go there in person and just walk around campus to run at the little wokies with my hands like claws and making growling noises.
11-29-2021 12:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.