Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

C.J. Perez to Carey's defense.....Dog Pound Reference???
Bookmark and Share
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
C.J. Perez to Carey's defense.....Dog Pound Reference???
Strangely written article in that shifted from Carey and players to fans......

Perez said he’s not unfamiliar with criticism on social media, which he also saw from fans at Northern Illinois. The timing of the latest criticism is something he finds very familiar.

“There are fans like that everywhere,” he said. “But again, I think based on how the season has gone, they find one little thing and they want to run with it.

https://247sports.com/college/temple/Art...176137189/
11-27-2021 11:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BDB5yp Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: C.J. Perez to Carey's defense.....Dog Pound Reference???
(11-27-2021 11:11 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  Strangely written article in that shifted from Carey and players to fans......

Perez said he’s not unfamiliar with criticism on social media, which he also saw from fans at Northern Illinois. The timing of the latest criticism is something he finds very familiar.

“There are fans like that everywhere,” he said. “But again, I think based on how the season has gone, they find one little thing and they want to run with it.

https://247sports.com/college/temple/Art...176137189/

Had the same issue at NIU. Players didn’t like him. Remember Jordan Huff?
11-27-2021 11:29 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Have to laugh at all the Temple fans that think they are so much better than us and the MAC. They have a losing record vs NIU and the MAC. How many MAC teams with a winning record did they beat? How many MAC Championships did they win?

http://www.winsipedia.com/temple
11-27-2021 11:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

Another day. Another creepy Carey thread.
11-28-2021 12:55 AM
Advertisement

BigChilla Offline
1st String

(11-28-2021 12:55 AM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  Another day. Another creepy Carey thread.

If Carey had no ties to NIU I would understand the “creepy” comment. But he does. We have a history. It’s ok to bring up news about him.

He was here a while. There is history, and he’s a professional so it’s ok to judge him. It’s not like this is a thread about the actual player…who was averageish here at NIU. It’s about Hot Rod.
11-28-2021 09:00 AM
Milwaukee Pilot Offline
1st String

(11-28-2021 09:00 AM)BigChilla Wrote:  
(11-28-2021 12:55 AM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  Another day. Another creepy Carey thread.

If Carey had no ties to NIU I would understand the “creepy” comment. But he does. We have a history. It’s ok to bring up news about him.

He was here a while. There is history, and he’s a professional so it’s ok to judge him. It’s not like this is a thread about the actual player…who was averageish here at NIU. It’s about Hot Rod.

So true…but thankfully probably the next to last “creepy” thread. Last seven games—- 0-7….out scored 299-59……that’s and AVERAGE of about 43-8. You cannot lose, at any level, any school by an average of 35 points over any stretch of the season. I read that there were less than 2,000 fans in the stands at the game yesterday. No matter how you look at it that program is a disaster and was a fringe top 25 team when Rod took over.

I’m sure he can live more than comfortably with his salary and buyout and will be able to go somewhere and succeed as an assistant again.

I just can’t see anyone surviving this collapse of a program.

Seriously, if anyone here at NIU lost THAT bad for that stretch—giving the circumstance of where they took over, would you expect them to be around——even 24 hours after the final game of the season?
11-28-2021 10:35 AM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

(11-28-2021 10:35 AM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  [I read that there were less than 2,000 fans in the stands at the game yesterday. No matter how you look at it that program is a disaster and was a fringe top 25 team when Rod took over.

Temple reported over 16k in attendance. NIU needs to start highly fudging their numbers like a number of schools do.
11-28-2021 10:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Schaefer Beer Offline
1st String

(11-28-2021 10:35 AM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  

So true…but thankfully probably the next to last “creepy” thread. Last seven games—- 0-7….out scored 299-59……that’s and AVERAGE of about 43-8. You cannot lose, at any level, any school by an average of 35 points over any stretch of the season. I read that there were less than 2,000 fans in the stands at the game yesterday. No matter how you look at it that program is a disaster and was a fringe top 25 team when Rod took over.

I’m sure he can live more than comfortably with his salary and buyout and will be able to go somewhere and succeed as an assistant again.

Seriously, if anyone here at NIU lost THAT bad for that stretch—giving the circumstance of where they took over, would you expect them to be around——even 24 hours after the final game of the season?

If a collapse happened like that at NIU, I would expect the head coach to have his contract extended in secrecy.
11-28-2021 11:11 AM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

The key word is "history." Stop judging your ex and start celebrating the present. It's a great time to be a Huskie fan. Still young, still uncontrollably explosive on offense.

As for Carey, he's good in the MAC. He had fans, as evidenced by Jordan's bro and a few other carryovers in coaches and players. As well as enemies, as evidenced by many players I spoke with and what seems like a majority of fans. Unless something changes, he will be back at Akron or something.
11-28-2021 09:48 PM
Milwaukee Pilot Offline
1st String

(11-28-2021 11:11 AM)Schaefer Beer Wrote:  
(11-28-2021 10:35 AM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  

If a collapse happened like that at NIU, I would expect the head coach to have his contract extended in secrecy.

Schaef---well stated. (and probably accurate)
11-29-2021 07:49 AM
Advertisement

JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
(11-27-2021 11:55 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Have to laugh at all the Temple fans that think they are so much better than us and the MAC. They have a losing record vs NIU and the MAC. How many MAC teams with a winning record did they beat? How many MAC Championships did they win?

Not sure where this came from, but okay. Let me know when you have $3M to pay a football coach.
11-29-2021 11:27 AM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

(11-29-2021 11:27 AM)JHG722 Wrote:  
(11-27-2021 11:55 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Have to laugh at all the Temple fans that think they are so much better than us and the MAC. They have a losing record vs NIU and the MAC. How many MAC teams with a winning record did they beat? How many MAC Championships did they win?

Not sure where this came from, but okay. Let me know when you have $3M to pay a football coach.

It came from the 247sports link. All the comments in there by Temple fans acting high and mighty.

Why do we need to pay $3 million? You all just wasted $10 million ($2 million per year for 5 years) on Carey for three years and 2 remaining years for his buyout. What did that get you?
11-29-2021 11:30 AM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
(11-29-2021 11:30 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  
(11-29-2021 11:27 AM)JHG722 Wrote:  

It came from the 247sports link. All the comments in there by Temple fans acting high and mighty.

Why do we need to pay $3 million? You all just wasted $10 million ($2 million per year for 5 years) on Carey for three years and 2 remaining years for his buyout. What did that get you?

Again, people on a message board think their program is better than it is. Don't get so annoyed by a message board. High and mighty lol

Also, Miami paid most of Carey's contract.
11-29-2021 11:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.