Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB vs Buffalo 11/27/21
Bookmark and Share
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
WBB vs Buffalo 11/27/21
The lady Dukes taking on the Buffalo Bulls today at Buffalo. Cold shooting start of the game for the Dukes but they went on a nice run at the end of the 1st quarter to take a 15-10 lead. Buffalo went on a 9-0 run to tie it at 19-19 in the 2nd quarter and then both teams went extremely cold for over 6 minutes with a lot of turnovers by Buffalo. Dukes then went on a 9-0 run to lead 26-19 at the half. Jailyn went down in the 2nd quarter with an injured ankle hope she is OK. Not many minutes today by Annilicia but Bailey Williams has seen some serious minutes along with Steph.

Ugly game so far lets see how things go in the second half.

Go Dukes!!

Brian
11-27-2021 02:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

RE: WBB vs Buffalo 11/27/21
Dukes ice cold coming out of halftime and Buffalo on a 10-2 run to take the lead 29-28 with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

Brian
11-27-2021 03:12 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

Cold shooting quarter by the Dukes in the 3rd quarter and they are down 40-36 heading to the 4th quarter.

Reminds me of the Liberty game, good looks and shots just not falling. Frustrating for the Dukes I am sure.

Brian
11-27-2021 03:25 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

3:50 to go Dukes are down 51-39. Dukes have scored 3 pts so far this quarter. Absolutely horrible shooting tonight. Crap load of unforced turnovers by the Dukes hasn't helped either.

Edit: 3:04 to go Buffalo up 54-39. Worst game I have seen the Dukes play in ages. Very similar to the Liberty game last week. Team lookes completely out of sync so far. Do not know what the answer is.

1:37 to go Kiki at the line. Misses both. Just kinda sums everything up today. 62-43. Dukes have scored 7 pts in the quarter and have been outscored 22-7 in the 4th
Brian
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2021 03:51 PM by ParentofJMUMRDs.)
11-27-2021 03:42 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

62-45 Buffalo final. Horrible game by the Dukes today. Hopefully they can regroup for GW next week.

Brian
11-27-2021 03:52 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

This is a barn. Please try harder to hit the broadside of it. Thank you.
31.7 FG% , 5.6 3pt%
[Image: my-friend-said-i-couldnt-hit-the-front-p...247823.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2021 03:56 PM by olddawg.)
11-27-2021 03:53 PM
Advertisement

Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-27-2021 03:52 PM)ParentofJMUMRDs Wrote:  62-45 Buffalo final. Horrible game by the Dukes today. Hopefully they can regroup for GW next week.

Brian

Yep.

I’m afraid there’s something wrong with the state of WBB. It certainly hasn’t been playing to the standards fans have become accustomed to.
11-27-2021 03:56 PM
Dukester Offline

I hope we don’t Sherm the fans away like we did with Men’s basketball.

Consistent slow decline in process.

Too many excuses.
11-27-2021 04:05 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-27-2021 04:05 PM)Dukester Wrote:  I hope we don’t Sherm the fans away like we did with Men’s basketball.

Consistent slow decline in process.

Too many excuses.
Haha!
Please use “Sherm” in a sentence.
Webster’s Dictionary:
Sherm: verb- to bring a once proud basketball program to it knees.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2021 04:23 PM by olddawg.)
11-27-2021 04:23 PM
JMad03 Online
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
I like Coach O a lot, but this is unacceptable. There is no question this team has underperformed.
I hate to say it but if there is no massive improvement for this team this year, we need a new coach.
Especially because coach said that offense would not be a problem with this team and couldnt be more wrong.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2021 07:03 PM by JMad03.)
11-27-2021 07:01 PM
orange-to-purple Online
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
Yeah, I guess cold shooting is the fault of the coach. /s This team is definitely a work in progress. And maybe some of you could do better. Well, you know where the AD's office is. I invite you to submit your resumes.

Buffalo has one of the best coaches in the mid. You may or may not know that she's being considered for the position at Syracuse, which is a P5 school (sh'e an alum). Syracuse has an interim due to their previous coach's misbehavior.
11-28-2021 04:07 PM
Advertisement

jmutoml757 Offline
All American

I Root For: jmu
(11-28-2021 04:07 PM)orange-to-purple Wrote:  Yeah, I guess cold shooting is the fault of the coach. /s This team is definitely a work in progress. And maybe some of you could do better. Well, you know where the AD's office is. I invite you to submit your resumes.

Buffalo has one of the best coaches in the mid. You may or may not know that she's being considered for the position at Syracuse, which is a P5 school (sh'e an alum). Syracuse has an interim due to their previous coach's misbehavior.

I almost feel bad even responding to your nonsense- people have takes that are not always positive and may even point out the negatives. That does not mean or imply they believe they can do better than coach O. On the one hand you say it’s not the coach, and the other hand you give the opposing coach lots of credit. And frankly, the quality of UB’s coach has nothing to do with the fact JMU’s wbb appears to have digressed the last few years (COVID notwithstanding). The “it’s not Coach O’s recruits” or “it’s early” or “it’s a learning curve” or “there are injuries” doesn’t work anymore, and every team has the same challenges. When we face above average or good teams it is bad basketball, which means we are neither above average nor good. But it doesn’t mean we don’t love coach or the players or think they are great people. It doesn’t mean we don’t enjoy watching them play or root.
11-28-2021 04:44 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Some people just don’t know the proud history of JMU women’s basketball success and set the bar very low as a result.
11-28-2021 06:58 PM
jmu98 Online
All American

This team unfortunately is just not very good right now.
11-28-2021 07:25 PM
Dukes94 Offline
All American

Wha? Sean O'Regan had a mediocre COVID year, but otherwise his record looks just about like Kenny's. In fact, Kenny had a mediocre COVID year, too (15-10). And Kenny wasn't half the coach that Shelia Moorman was, whom most of y'all don't remember.

It's six games in. Give the team time.
11-28-2021 08:46 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-28-2021 08:46 PM)Dukes94 Wrote:  Wha? Sean O'Regan had a mediocre COVID year, but otherwise his record looks just about like Kenny's. In fact, Kenny had a mediocre COVID year, too (15-10). And Kenny wasn't half the coach that Shelia Moorman was, whom most of y'all don't remember.

Remind us again how many Coach O teams have made the NCAAT, or how many Coach O teams have won the CAAT?

As for your Kenny vs. Shelia comparison, well, it’s simply silly. Kenny wasn’t “half the coach”? 05-nono Both were great, in different eras in the history of D1WBB.
11-28-2021 10:04 PM
Advertisement

Dukester Offline

(11-28-2021 10:04 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  
(11-28-2021 08:46 PM)Dukes94 Wrote:  Wha? Sean O'Regan had a mediocre COVID year, but otherwise his record looks just about like Kenny's. In fact, Kenny had a mediocre COVID year, too (15-10). And Kenny wasn't half the coach that Shelia Moorman was, whom most of y'all don't remember.

Remind us again how many Coach O teams have made the NCAAT, or how many Coach O teams have won the CAAT?

As for your Kenny vs. Shelia comparison, well, it’s simply silly. Kenny wasn’t “half the coach”? 05-nono Both were great, in different eras in the history of D1WBB.

Kenny versus Sheila? How is that relevant? They were both GREAT coaches. Sheila might have been the best overall coach JMU has ever had.

Back to the topic.

Sean is a great guy. There are a lot of similarities between Sean and Lou Rowe.

Both are GREAT guys that LOVE JMU.

Both when they accepted Jobs at JMU had reached their goals in coaching. I doubt either was thinking if they did well at JMU they could move up. They just wanted to succeed at JMU. They did not see this as the next step - they saw JMU as the step they really wanted. Cig, By, Houston, and Brady all saw JMU as the next step to a higher step, not these two (Lou & Sean) - to JMU was the "special place". I'm not saying if successful at JMU they would not taken a significantly better offer, but simply saying they did not take the JMU as a stepping stone as the four I listed above likely did.

Sometimes/frequently great assistants don't make great head coaches, and that was the case with Lou, and it's becoming more apparent by the game/season with Sean. The bigger the game it seams like the more we under perform.

"At worst" Sean inherited a top 40 program. The 7 seasons before Sean took over the women's program had 5 NCAA appearances, and the other two had a Semi and Finals appearances in the NIT.

Regular season CAA records were solid his first 4 years, but OOC and CAAT have been much worse. It seems like the better the opponent, the more his teams seem to underperform.

This year with no CAAT option every game is important, and the results have not been good. Women's basketball players were coming to and transferring to JMU to play in the Dance. It's been a long time since that happened.

That's a low bar if it comes down to if Dukester, Dukedog, or orange-to-purple could coach any better.
11-29-2021 09:14 AM
orange-to-purple Online
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
I guess Dukester wants to be the new WBB coach. Or thinks he knows someone who could do better than Coach O. Go for it, Dukester. I'm sure the AD would love to hear your ideas.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2021 11:00 AM by orange-to-purple.)
11-29-2021 10:58 AM
Dukes94 Offline
All American

(11-28-2021 10:04 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  

Kenny didn’t even make the NCAA tournament until his eighth season (a first-round loss).

I didn’t like the O’Regan hire, but he’s done more than enough to cut him some slack at the moment.
11-29-2021 12:37 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

If you don't feel the program has slipped since Kenny left, you've got blinders on. OOC and winning the CAA Tourney are all that matters. Trampling CAA competition during the regular season, only to fall short for the Tourneys' auto bid is not the successful season we should be striving for. And for that matter, we are no longer the big dog in the CAA either. Most years since Della Donne's graduation, we would have been the favorite to win the auto bid to the NCAAs. We are no longer in that position.
11-29-2021 12:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.